The DAW Binge Challenge

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab App

Here's a challenge I was thinking of. For one week, use nothing but the most minimalistic setup you can think of - explore its in and outs, learn it well and produce with it as best as you can as if you were to do a dope track on it.

I'm picking Reason 7. I remember I was so creative when all I had was reason and Energy XT. With all these new shiny toys with me I don't have the depth of knowledge I used to. So hoping this challenge will help me get some depth more than breadth.

Post your tracks here and mention what minimal gear you used (maybe list your regular setup as well, so we know it was a fair challenge :P )

How old are you, 5?

Reason 7 is 'minimal setup'? Very funny!

If in a doubt, MuLab with stock offerings could be just the ticket. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

A track using nothing but the stuff that comes in the daw?

I'd do it if it were a month rather than a week :shrug:

Zexila wrote:If in a doubt, MuLab with stock offerings could be just the ticket. :tu:
Good idea 'cuz you could win a MuLab license with your track:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=360503
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:
Zexila wrote:If in a doubt, MuLab with stock offerings could be just the ticket. :tu:
Good idea 'cuz you could win a MuLab license with your track:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=360503
A bit strange! If you don't own a license, you get noise interruptions (Kinda annoying to work on a track), and if you own it then why would you be interested in winning a license?

What am I missing?

Also, when did Mux become available for Mac? Might give the demo a try!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”