What is the best sounding DAW??

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jace-BeOS wrote:This thread continues. Why?
Because none of us wants to miss when solomute starts spilling the secrets of the universe. At least we might get to discover just which secret stereoiser will not ruin our sound :shrug:

dedication to flying

I think this question has already been answered but for completion purposes:

There is no "best sounding DAW", there only is a DAW with the best efficiency.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

Come on guys.. Cubase sounds the best.

Think about It...

Kkkyyyoooobaaseee

It just rolls off the tongue.

I am glad that my opinion is followed because the problems really exist. Daws don't sound the same because of different resampling, dithering and other algos such as analog emulation (mixbus harrison). By the way many samplitude's plugins like efx_delay, efx_reverb have tape mode which emulates tape and by the way it is very crappy - you get awful distortion at high volume. Some other inner modules also emulate hw. If you take motu's everb it also emulates some hw. So you just can't have the same sound. Even if you take any two equalizers working totally digitally without any hw emulation the results will be different with the same q, hz, amp because they have different db\octave possibilities. Most have 6db\oct, some 12db\oct, rarely 24db\oct while higher db\ocv is just unique. The value of eq is determined by that db\octave feature. The more the better. The best one is rs-met engineer's filter with 420 db\oct though it may put even a powerful pc to knees but you will never forget the result you get. It works amazingly cleanly cutting out the frequencies you don't need. With 6db\oct and 12db\oct which are standard for daws you can't achieve that to have a very pure mix - there always be some dirt with low volume remaining. I wonder why no one sponsors that rs-met guy. That engineer's filter is only 32-bit and has no substitues in the world... So it's just not possible to get the same result from two any different daws even you want it.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

@solomute

:lol: :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

The best sounding DAW is the one that you get the most work achieved with...

We spend too much time talking about the tools here on KVR,when our focus should be on the musical architecture and the performance...

Debates over hammers and spanners are pointless if the music is crap !

Making a good song and a good performance sound great is a hell of a lot easier than wasting time trying to polish a turd :wink:
No auto tune...

New thread ideas:

What is the best sounding LFO?
What is the best sounding ADSR?
What is the best sounding oscillator?
What is the best sounding filter slope?
What is the best sounding stereo width?

Other suggestions welcome....
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:New thread ideas:

What is the best sounding LFO?
What is the best sounding ADSR?
What is the best sounding oscillator?
What is the best sounding filter slope?
What is the best sounding stereo width?

Other suggestions welcome....
What is the best sounding single cycle waveform ?

What is the best sounding air guitar performance ?

What is the best sounding fader on a virtual console ?

What is the best sounding microphone clip ?

What is the best sounding vocal booth fart ?

And so it goes on and on :ud:
No auto tune...

stillshaded wrote:Come on guys.. Cubase sounds the best.

Think about It...

Kkkyyyoooobaaseee

It just rolls off the tongue.
Abbbsooolutlyyyy....
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

solomute wrote:The best one is rs-met engineer's filter with 420 db\oct though it may put even a powerful pc to knees but you will never forget the result you get.
If you would know the slightest about Digital signal processing, You would not claim, that rs-mets filter would do 420 dB/oct. rs-met himself claims 120...;-)
It would not put your pc to knees, because it is using a IIR filter (I bet you have no idea what that means, kind of the opposite of a zero-delay filter). I would never expect such a filter to sound good, way too much ripple, but good for experimenting and learning how filters behave... You will never forget how terrible filters can sound...

Btw. I think Ardour sounds much better than Cubase. Aardooooor, in german that is the pronounciation for a-major...

Mastering engineer Ian Shepherd discusses which DAW sounds best with John Tidey of Reaper Blog.

http://themasteringshow.com/episode-47/

My midi keyboard sounds the best along with my Electric toothbrush, no daw comes Close.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:This thread continues. Why?
Because none of us wants to miss when solomute starts spilling the secrets of the universe. At least we might get to discover just which secret stereoiser will not ruin our sound :shrug:

just use samplitude. to have studio sound. this is the only way.

the beSt from then .. pRo tooLs , Nuendo, Samplitude.
noW FL12, pRo tooLs, cubAse, miXcraft 8
***I had the same feeling that the DAW didn't matter, but as sound engines get updated by developers the same holds true ((sample rate, and hardware))
sound design..

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”