Loom II has landed!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loom Classic Loom II

... and it's rather pathetic. Hard to spot what's actually "new" in here. Mostly just presets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5jempH ... e=youtu.be

Few new sound modules. They also increased polyphony from 6 to... 8! Wow that's impressive :dog: Charge 50 bucks for that!

I don't see often requested drag-and-drop feature for modules, neither high-DPI resolution support. What's the point of making a synth if I can't see or operate it?
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: I don't see often requested drag-and-drop feature for modules, neither high-DPI resolution support. What's the point of making a synth if I can't see or operate it?
I have stopped using it for these reasons.

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/loom-ii

As you say $50 for a few new algorithms and more patches rather than dealing with any of the application's real problems.

What a disappointment. Grumble grumble.

Edit: that $50 is a "limited time" upgrade :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty disappointing, yes. After all that waiting, I would've expected polyphony up to 32 or 64 voices considering how low-CPU is, and yes, better and resizeable GUI and drag&drop support. Also better editing of envelope times (like typing in values and more), and improving the absolutely HORRIFIC patch management.

Meh. Wasted money on AIEP, looks like AIR doesn't really know which features are really important in these days. Asking $50 (limited time!) for these updates is beyond cheeky.

With all the Sales etc i smelled a cheaper Move. Good i only paid 5 bucks :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I smelled a rat and a cat, so I didn't even spend 5 bucks
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

EvilDragon wrote:Pretty disappointing, yes. After all that waiting, I would've expected polyphony up to 32 or 64 voices considering how low-CPU is, and yes, better and resizeable GUI and drag&drop support. Also better editing of envelope times (like typing in values and more), and improving the absolutely HORRIFIC patch management.

Meh. Wasted money on AIEP, looks like AIR doesn't really know which features are really important in these days. Asking $50 (limited time!) for these updates is beyond cheeky.
+1,
i don't know what they think, it should be a free update, i stop waiting for Air.

Quite disappointing. It doesn't give much hope for all the other plugs from Air as well.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

kokotte wrote: i don't know what they think, it should be a free update
Certainly not going to be paying $50 when I bought the whole bundle for ~£60, and ultimately find most of the plugins to be frustratingly limited and have since bought better, and which I probably should have done in the first place with hindsight.

Drag and drop was essential to me

Curious to know what new patches are included?

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shit, not many of their products tend to be strong competitors, the markets pretty fierce. The only one that had any potential imo was Transfuser 2. That had noticeable improvements from version 1. Hybrid didn't really off too much more. I think they should bank on Transfuser. Make it better and more solid (so it doesn't crash every time for example) cause there really isn't a lot of drum machines out there that offer loop stuff. Only one other I can think of. They're wasting their time doing upgrades of all their other stuff.

:Sigh: Couldn't they have at least made the GUI larger?

Clueless. Totally clueless.

Kinh wrote:They're wasting their time doing upgrades of all their other stuff.
These wouldn't necessarily have been a waste of time if they had added extra functionality and improvements based on user suggestions as to what was lacking in the original (e.g. It's a PITA if you want to change the order of modules). You can still get some pretty unique sounds out of it but it doesn't seem to have been designed with the end-user in mind.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear your not entirely happy with the upgrade, as a developer unfortunately to keep funding development you do need a revenue stream. This means that major increases in features need to be supported.

We have a long history of free updates/upgrades for products and will continue to maintain and support Loom 1 (Now called Loom Classic). This will include the DPI improvement when the engine is fully ported.

Some posters at KVR seem to think companies should offer a 24/7 hotline, $9.99 products, no copy protection etc personal setup. This as a business just isn't feasible although we try to be fair about this.
When we do charge for items we keep the cost as low as possible for users.

Our products are aimed at the larger market and we are aiming to make music more accessible for all. AIR worldwide have nearly over 2 million users of our products now. From time to time we offer promotions to enable more users to benefit.

The silent majority are pretty happy with their instruments although there is always room for improvement.
Having a new source of revenue will help us achieve our goals faster for the benefit of all users.

To clarify some of the points there are some very new and unique things in this upgrade which are not present in any other products on the market. There is also a fair bit of new exclusive artist content included. The library is expanded to 750 presets and we will be adding free expansions in the coming weeks.

The features in this are the vast majority of all the requests for the original.

New for LOOM II:

Loom II has been expanded to 8 voices by popular request!

Spectral Noise section allowing a secondary oscillator to replace or enrich the additive spectrum (created with the Sine Oscillator) with a noise spectrum. This is truly revolutionary in the additive world. Your creativity is the only limit to what is possible!

4 new modules

5-Sines – An easy-to-use module enabling you to produce a range of organ or sine style sounds.
Discrete Adder – Similar to Loom 1’s popular adder, but adding a discrete spectrum ideal for creating percussion-based synth instruments.
Hype – adding Hi and Low Hype with dedicated easy-to-use controls for instant results.
Double Wave – for our more advanced users: Use dual waves to create complex synth patterns. We have also added a dedicated control for this in the Morph pad.

2 additional Subharmonic Optional Partials bellow the normal spectrum.

Enhanced Morph Pad options.

500 all-new patches covering a wide range of sounds designed by acclaimed sound designers Richard Devine and Mark Ovenden.

All original 350 patches re-mastered taking advantage of the new features.

New Wave Parameter options

20+ other performance enhancements.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

shonky wrote:
Kinh wrote:They're wasting their time doing upgrades of all their other stuff.
These wouldn't necessarily have been a waste of time if they had added extra functionality and improvements based on user suggestions as to what was lacking in the original (e.g. It's a PITA if you want to change the order of modules). You can still get some pretty unique sounds out of it but it doesn't seem to have been designed with the end-user in mind.
In total over 50 new features have been added all from users most common requests.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Return to “Instruments”