Where are OverTone DSP at?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hmmm... is this a joke you guys were playing on me? https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/

Are they still in the game or have they retired? Haven‘t heard something new for a long time...

they don't change much. they just keep up with OS's and such. stuff is solid. i use it.

You would think they'd lean on their SSL heritage a bit more and make high end mixing plugins.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:17 am You would think they'd lean on their SSL heritage a bit more and make high end mixing plugins.
They did! Until one day a couple of years ago when the obviously and heavily SSL-inspired plugins suddenly disappeared. There was never any official statement but it's pretty obvious what had happened.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

one of the last things posted on the overtonedsp facebook page was this

"These are now available from the Applied Computer Music Technologies site (developer of the OverTone range of plugins) https://www.acmt.co.uk/products/ In addition to the modern UIs, these provide some DSP enhancements (we didn't want to change the character of the original OverTone plug-ins, and this way we can provide a range of high-end plug-ins for Linux, aimed mainly at professional users looking to make the switch to Linux)"

so seems they have a new company, and some new products

I received an answer from one of the devs a couple of years ago about the DYN4000 and he said that "unfortunately the DYN4000 is no longer available for sale".
It's easy if you know how

Just updated to the latest versions. Not sure when they implmented it, but they have resisable/draggable UI's now. thats great!

Lesha wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 am I received an answer from one of the devs a couple of years ago about the DYN4000 and he said that "unfortunately the DYN4000 is no longer available for sale".
I snagged it :)
They also increased their prices considerably back then too
Amazon: why not use an alternative

This company is in my TOP3. Top notch sound, no aliasing, no latency, no CPU load.

Return to “Effects”