Good instruments and libraries for NI Kontakt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

I recently bought Komplete which means I now have Kontakt. I been checking out some nice libraries from Heavyocity, Umlaut, etc. I didn't use Kontakt before and I therefore never paid any attention to libraries for Kontakt. I found that the good stuff I discovered so far is quite expensive and wonder if there are good instruments and libraries for Kontakt but with a decent price tag? I am looking for Cinematic stuff, drums, orchestral, vocals, etc. Which libraries/producers would you recommend? I like Damage from Heavyocity but it's $299, and Gravity is $449 :help:

I don't want to buy things just because they are cheap but I am also not in the mood to spend a fortune either. I just want to find good quality for a reasonable price :wink:

Cheers!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Maybe say more about the music you're interested in making, and/or what it is about Heavocity and so forth that's specifically attractive. I don't gravitate towards that area of the "cinematic" tag myself. I will say one thing, SonicCouture is big here. For very different reasons pertinent to each library.
Both sound design and quite direct instruments feature here.

As a heads up ATN, a similar Kontakt thread was started a couple of hours ago which I replied in:
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=494063

(That thread was specifically asking for 5 recommended cheapish libraries for Kontakt 5).

Further to my replies there, also check out Atom Hub, Drumdrops and Soundiron.
Jan's suggestion of Soniccouture is also excellent.

Wait on Black Friday. Always good sales. Heavyocity was 50% off last year. Same with Output.

Worth checking Kontakt Hub, they often have pretty good sales and you can pick up some good stuff for not too much, and I think they even have a Cinematic category if you want to get specific results.

+ 1 for kontakthub

I personally could really recommend atom hub stuff there, lately his ghost of autumn. This is what "athmosphere" is for me. Try his free cryptar to see if it is something for you, it is NOT bread and butter, it is NOT polished but its just marvellous athmospheres :D

If you have time: vstbuzz. They have great deals you wont get elsewhere but its only one new deal evry week and inbetween there are weeks and weeks and.... with lot of filling stuff.

And dont forget about NI itself, they have some crazy 50 % off deals (mostly with companier new or switching to the NI standards) sometime.

Another personal tip is audiofier, these are so good and in case of value for money more a steal then a bargain :D .

I am not much into samples so I usually not much into zer-g but the deals lately on ethera soundscapes 2 (if you are into something "vocal") are marvellous and I am sure you will get comparable deals in black friday.

Looking for deals: bestservice and timespace have some nice deals, but you really have to take a look, its not all as good as it looks :lol: (but if you compare these two its a good start).

thejonsolo wrote:Wait on Black Friday. Always good sales. Heavyocity was 50% off last year. Same with Output.

if output goes 50% I think I will buy the whole bundle.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

jancivil wrote:Maybe say more about the music you're interested in making, and/or what it is about Heavocity and so forth that's specifically attractive. I don't gravitate towards that area of the "cinematic" tag myself. I will say one thing, SonicCouture is big here. For very different reasons pertinent to each library.
Heavyocity have for example, vocals 2 (or what ever the name is) which sounds great if you listen to their youtube videos. Same goes for damage, etc. But it will cost you. So this makes me wonder what other people are using, and if there are cheaper alternatives out there? I tried Google but it will take me forever to go thru every maker/sample pack/instrument and that's why I started this thread. It would be great if people could point me in the correct direction based on what they are using themselves. Thanks for the tip of SonicCouture. First time I ever heard their name, and I will check them out.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

dark water wrote:As a heads up ATN, a similar Kontakt thread was started a couple of hours ago which I replied in:

(That thread was specifically asking for 5 recommended cheapish libraries for Kontakt 5).

Soundiron I also heard about and I will check them out more carefully. Their prices seems to be decent. But the question I ask myself is Voices of Gaia worth $249? Maybe it is. I can't help but to compare with prices of vst plugins. U-he Diva is listed $179 and that is their flagship synth. Thanks for the tip about Atom Hub and Drumdrops.

thejonsolo wrote:Wait on Black Friday. Always good sales. Heavyocity was 50% off last year. Same with Output.
Yeah, you read my mind mate! This is also one reason I started this thread now. I wanna be prepared so I know where to throw my money :D

ATN69 wrote:
dark water wrote:As a heads up ATN, a similar Kontakt thread was started a couple of hours ago which I replied in:

Soundiron I also heard about and I will check them out more carefully. Their prices seems to be decent. But the question I ask myself is Voices of Gaia worth $249? Maybe it is. I can't help but to compare with prices of vst plugins. U-he Diva is listed $179 and that is their flagship synth. Thanks for the tip about Atom Hub and Drumdrops.

Zebra is their Flagship isn't it?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Kontakt hub was also a new place for me, thanks guys! Since I never used Kontakt until now I been ignoring everything related to Kontakt. The good and bad problem is that there are so many things out there, and as with everything else I believer there is a ton of garbage to :D ..and many over priced.

Cinematic stuff and drums like Damage from Heavyocity, pads and orchestral libraries. That's what I am looking for in the first place. I did buy the scoring guitars from Heavyocity and it's nice, but not really what I expected by listening to their youtube demo. For sure I plan to pick up Luftrum Lunaris at some point. It sounds lovely, but I didn't try it out.

ATS wrote:
ATN69 wrote:

Zebra is their Flagship isn't it?
I always got the impression it's Diva :D ..but that's a whole other topic mate. Personally I use Zebra 2 more than I use Diva ;)

ATN69 wrote:
jancivil wrote:Maybe say more about the music you're interested in making, and/or what it is about Heavocity and so forth that's specifically attractive. I don't gravitate towards that area of the "cinematic" tag myself. I will say one thing, SonicCouture is big here. For very different reasons pertinent to each library.
Heavyocity have for example, vocals 2 (or what ever the name is) which sounds great if you listen to their youtube videos. Same goes for damage, etc. But it will cost you. So this makes me wonder what other people are using, and if there are cheaper alternatives out there? I tried Google but it will take me forever to go thru every maker/sample pack/instrument and that's why I started this thread. It would be great if people could point me in the correct direction based on what they are using themselves. Thanks for the tip of SonicCouture. First time I ever heard their name, and I will check them out.
Ok, I know basically from Damage and little else.

I'm using two things from SC in the current project: 1) Geosonics which starts with field recordings such as 'Wires' and these original recordings are your fundamental channel or like an oscillator and you can add two more with all kind of things based in the field recordings. So it's like 3 oscillators with filters and filter EG as well as the regular Envelope Generators and modulation of that, in two layers per 'osc'. 2) Glassworks which is less involved (1, not 3 'instruments') but starts with samples of Glass Armonica and such as Partch's Cloud Chamber Bowls...

That Glassworks is really nice, actually doesn't sound dissimilar from a few things I was trying to do in Arcsyn using the FM Bell oscillator. SC usually do a few sales during the year don't they, might be nice to have this (although again, I'm pretty sure I could get close to some of this with Softube Modular and a few of the additional modules).

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”