New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

Yet another wavetable synth. 138 dollars is a bit much imo.

https://initialaudio.com/product/sektor/
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Actually it's $139. But how is that a bit much? Something like The Legend goes for a hundred bucks. Diva is way more than $139. So is Dune 2. Serum is close to $200.

I think $139 for a WT synth, depending on how deep it is and how good it sounds, is perfectly reasonable given what's out there and what it's selling for.

Yeah i guess you're right. And I just remembered that Waves Codex Lies around that same price aswell.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Yeah i guess you're right. And I just remembered that Waves Codex Lies around that same price aswell.
Codex, a bit of an underrated synth that, unfortunately...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Yeah i guess you're right. And I just remembered that Waves Codex Lies around that same price aswell.
Codex, a bit of an underrated synth that, unfortunately...
Indeed.

it supports MPE

Codex was worth the $20 that I paid for it. This might be comparable to a Uhe synth, it might not.

Was the ugly monochrome green UI inspired by Synthmaster?

Oh, I can get the Signature Edition for $189 including more presets, a t-shirt and stickers. :wheee:
  • over 500 Unique Factory Presets
  • over 200 Extra Signature Presets
  • over 200 Unique Wavetables
  • 6 Bonus Skins
  • Delivered on a custom Sektor USB Drive (Free worldwide shipping)
  • Sektor T-shirt
  • Initial audio and Sektor stickers
I definitely need this just to get the stickers. :ud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkoGtR9UNYw

It looks like Dan Worral was not available to do the narration.

I'd love a T-Shirt and sticker... If I was about 15.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:I'd love a T-Shirt and sticker... If I was about 15.
Yeah, that is kind of weird.

I have to admit that the sequencer triggers my attention. Very compatible with my preferred workflow.

I would be interested to know if the additional 200 presets are worth the signature edition. Anybody has some insight? It is kind of strange that they do not offer an edition with the additional presets only. Or at least sell these presets as a separate extension like Vengeance Sound does it with Phalanx. Who the heck needs a T-Shirt and some stickers? And the USB drive is somewhat weird as well. It is not uncommon to download hundreds of Gigabytes for sample based instruments these days. Why would I need a USB drive for the additional 200 presets? :dog:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

What about a voucher for a tatoo of your favorite waveform. :D

It support multi samples as well. MMhhhh.

Jesus, that is deceptively simple looking, going to have to demo it at some point. Based on the audio demos though, it's got a nice crisp/rich sound, somewhere between Dune 2 and Serum in terms of tone. Basically nails the traditional EDM sounds. Sort of makes me wish Serum had a mode to lower the anti aliasing, because it gives it a little bit of coldness at times.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

mgw38 wrote:
Yeah, that is kind of weird.

I have to admit that the sequencer triggers my attention. Very compatible with my preferred workflow.
Beyond the T-Shirts and stickers... :lol:

It sounds quite cool and seems to have a decent workflow as you said.

It indeed looks not bad and i also like that you can set the GUI colors like you want.
It does FM between OSC´s......nice too and has quite a powerful unison section.
I really would like to demo this since Serum is not my cup of tea, Avenger doesn´t run on my machine and while i still prefer Dune 2 and Icarus for wavetable magic it could be an interesting tool as well......before Dune 3 comes :D
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”