Roland JV-1080 finally, as virtual instrument!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Roland Cloud

I can "convert" 1080 sysex to 5080 sysex. And there you can convert 5080 sysex to bin

The XV-5080 plugin has tons of sounds already, so what does the 1080 have that 5080 doesn't?

The 1080 plugin has tons of sounds already, so what does the 5080 have that 1080 doesn't?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

He was talking about converting from JV-1080 to XV-5080, and I was wondering as I thought the XV-5080 included many sounds from some of the older modules anyway. But it would be cool if there are some sounds that aren't in the XV-5080 then I'd be all for it.

The patches in the plugin sound cleaner than the equivalent ones in my FA-07. Plus, I like the fact that each 1080 patch has its own chorus and reverb settings just like in good old days. I am tempted to buy a lifetime key to re-live my good old JV days.

can you share sysex banks for hardware 1080... 5080?

Hi every body.
I m a new one here.
A have a bunch of patches for xv5080 in .svd format. Do I have any chance to import them in the vst ?

svd -> sysex -> bin )

:?

And sorry but how do you transcode svd to sysx ?

Do you have a windows utility ?

load into hardware 5080 and send sysex via midi. Or send me your svd, i will convert you to sysex, then you convert to bin yourself

I sent the file to you in MP

Is it ok ?

good, send you later

Thanks a lot 👍

Anyone had any issues with the RCMService crashing constantly? I got a lifetime license for this recently and Roland has been less than useful regarding it. Said they'd forward the logs to the developers and appraise me of the situation soon enough.

I have problems with it. Have been in contact with support on a few occasions. The more of us that write in with genuine faults the better imo. They'll get the message, eventually.

I love the gear I've purchased from them, so I hope they are taking our issues seriously.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”