Repro or Diva?!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Repro is new and sounds fantastic.
If you could only go for one, which one would it be?
I tried both demo versions and the two Repro synths won for me.

SmartCat wrote:Repro is new and sounds fantastic.
Then you answered it already......but i own both and i also would choose Repro over Diva by a country mile.

I only own Repro have have demoed Diva a few times. Diva sounds great, but I don't hear the gulf between it and others that I do with the Repros. Of course, it is more versatile though.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I chose repro ... for juno like stuff I reach for tyrell and between them both have a lot of bases covered.

I would say: Depends. If you want a Prophet emulation, go for RePro. If you want a versatile analog/digital emulation, go for Diva. Personally, i'd go for Diva from these 2. But that's just because it's much more attractive for me, with all the different parts of hardware synths Diva is emulating. Actually, Diva is sort of the only synth which really interests me from the u-he range of synths, and partly Hive.

Diva for smooth analogue sweet spots all over. Repro for the raw stuff.

I have both! Love it!! But Repro has tainted my taste to roughen Diva sounds a bit. :phones:

Cinebient wrote:
SmartCat wrote:Repro is new and sounds fantastic.
Then you answered it already......but i own both and i also would choose Repro over Diva by a country mile.
Thanks for your reply. Do you miss any essential features in Repro? And what about the cpu performance? I compared all 3 synths and Repro (1 especially) seems to force down my computer after the third instance. But I have to admit that I don´t have the fastest cores, I´m on a windows 10, 64 bit dual Xeon machine.

noiseboyuk wrote:I only own Repro have have demoed Diva a few times. Diva sounds great, but I don't hear the gulf between it and others that I do with the Repros. Of course, it is more versatile though.
Yes, Diva sounds great as well. May I ask you what kind of music do you play and compose?

wagtunes wrote:Diva
Thanks wagtunes! And why Diva? Please share your thoughts :)

chk071 wrote:I would say: Depends. If you want a Prophet emulation, go for RePro. If you want a versatile analog/digital emulation, go for Diva. Personally, i'd go for Diva from these 2. But that's just because it's much more attractive for me, with all the different parts of hardware synths Diva is emulating. Actually, Diva is sort of the only synth which really interests me from the u-he range of synths, and partly Hive.
Interesting points, thanks a lot for your reply.
To be honest, I´m not after the sound of any specific hardware synth. I love the sound of Repro and Diva but I like the dominant sound of Repro more I think. I don´t know why.. There is something more powerful in it..

SmartCat wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Diva
Thanks wagtunes! And why Diva? Please share your thoughts :)
Well, you said I can only choose one. That in itself makes this a bit unfair as both are great synths for different reasons. As Urs said it best, Diva for sweet spots and Repro for that nasty sounding hard stuff.

So for me, if I can only choose one, it comes down to which one is more versatile. Which one can I get more out of. More diversity. For that, it's hands down Diva. With all the different modules and filters, the range of sounds far exceeds what I can get from Repro. No, I won't get that real hard edge stuff. I'll have to sacrifice that. But I'll have a more broad palette. As a composer of many genres, that's more important to me.

Fortunately, in the real world, I don't have to choose just one and therefor own them both. In fact, I bought Repro when it was in beta. I didn't even have to wait to see the finished product. I knew right away it was something I wanted to really get those dirty sounds that, quite honestly, no other synth I own can make. Not like this. Maybe some Reaktor stuff. But that's about it. Diva can't touch Repro for that raw grit.

And that is why, in the real world, we don't own just one synth. Because no one synth can do it all.

At least none that I've run into yet.

Urs wrote:Diva for smooth analogue sweet spots all over. Repro for the raw stuff.
After playing a few hours with Repro, I managed to create beautiful lush strings and pad sounds with it. But man yes.. it can be so aggressive and evil... most notably in the low end!
Congrats Urs and U-he team to this amazing piece of software!

Urs wrote:Diva for smooth analogue sweet spots all over. Repro for the raw stuff.
Not only the raw stuff, made this pad yesterday :)

https://app.box.com/s/foinavwt9xsr535mc2cs7x1nm5y0smex

Just 3 % in the Taskmanager's CPU meter :hihi:
Unlike with Diva, the MC support works very well on my computer, so I personally would prefer Repro, which also seems to sound more lively. The user interface is also better for my eyes.

Return to “Instruments”