Beware of Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dont do such posts but after having 2 terrible first time experiences with gear4music.com in which they delayed both my orders by months i am notifying others to stay away from this scam online vendor. They dont have items in stock and would make you wait for months for the item to be shipped as it happened with me. Whatever musical instrument you wanna buy online just dont go with them. They also seem to be buying fake good reviews on trustpilot.com to deceive potential customers.

Just dont for this nightmare of a seller or you will regret like me. Mods plzz keep this post up cause i dont want others to get into the hassle i got into.
Last edited by Ammeo on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ammeo wrote:I dont do such posts but after having 2 terrible first time experiences with gear4music.com in which they delayed both my orders by months i am notifying others to stay away from this scam online vendor. They dont have items in stock and would make you wait for months for the item to be shipped as it happened with me. Whatever musical instrument you wanna buy online just dont go with them. They also seem to be buying fake good reviews on trustpilot.com to deceive potential customers.

Just dont for this nightmare of a seller or you will regret like me. Mods plzz keep this post up cause i dont want others to get into the hassle i got into.
Just for balance... I have purchased a few items from them with no problems. All delivered within a week of ordering. (I don't normally order stuff that has long delivery times). Nothing for a year or so, though...

Ammeo wrote:I dont do such posts but after having 2 terrible first time experiences with gear4music.com in which they delayed both my orders by months i am notifying others to stay away from this scam online vendor. They dont have items in stock and would make you wait for months for the item to be shipped as it happened with me. Whatever musical instrument you wanna buy online just dont go with them. They also seem to be buying fake good reviews on trustpilot.com to deceive potential customers.

Never had an issue and in fact I ordered an item that I didnt need in the end (Propellerheads dongle) and they refunded it letting me keep the item. Ordered half a dozen or so things of them over the years without issue. So no complaints.

Maybe worth providing a little more detail as your complaint is a little flawed and empty without a thorough understanding. Is it their fault or the manufacturer/supplier, after all I had an issue with my local store who are good as gold with NI Maschine Mk3, quite simply NI couldnt produce enough quick enough.

You joined KVR to complain about gear4music?

I've used gear4music in the past for buying hardware. Never had any issues with them.
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I've used gear4music in the past for buying hardware. Never had any issues with them.
2 items bought over the last 12th months. No problems
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

Ive bought a couple of items in the last few months, total bargains and fast delivery
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Always had great service from gear4music. Even their extended warranties are good, as they don’t make a big deal of changing valves.
Recent bought a dbx channel strip on a great deal.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

More positive stuff here.

Excellent service, prompt communication, no stock outages.

Logically then one must assume the problem is with the other party to these transactions. You can figure out who that is. Maybe...
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Ammeo wrote:I dont do such posts.
Well, as its your first post here, it appears that you do. :?

I've never ordered from them because I've been using Thomann for years but they seem to be around the same price as Thomann.

But it looks like folks had good experiences here. So I'd order from them now if I saw something cheaper then on Thomann.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Recently bought a piano bundle for my son from gear4music. No issues whatsoever.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Ammeo
KVRer

1 post since 11 Jan, 2018
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Maybe this is some kind of strange marketing ploy to get people to respond with positive stories.

I've ordered from them a few times now without any issue. I moved to them from Thomann primarily to avoid getting 2-pin euro plugs on adapters etc. Pricing is similar to Thomann although I have found certain products are more expensive in Euros than GBP. I asked them about this but didn't get a response. Maybe the prices are set by the manufacturer.
Image Image Image Image

Ammeo wrote:Mods plzz keep this post up cause i dont want others to get into the hassle i got into.
Mods plzz ban this troll.

Another happy gear4music customer :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”