Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Thank you. OK, I've got it in Live, simply enough. Set MIDI Out's target to be "Send to DAW". The track to be receiving MIDI from VM cannot have its "MIDI from" be set to "All Ins" (the seemingly safe default), but instead should be targeting the track with VM, and then Voltage Modular specifically chosen in the channel submenu below that one.

Live has stock devices specifically to handle MIDI, like sequencers, arpeggiators, humanizers, etc., and these send MIDI along chains on individual tracks. They are expected all to go before any VSTi on a track, which thus comprises a MIDI chain terminating where the audio chain begins; and any MIDI output produced by a VSTi (like this one) is then handled differently by Live, as described above. I do wish Live could use MIDI-producing VSTs in the same way, but it looks like there are adequate workarounds.

Nice new controller/utility module from JK :

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/jks-cv-canvas

:love:

xuoham wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:14 am Nice new controller/utility module from JK :

This looks like exactly what I was looking for when making a patch a week ago.

xuoham wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:14 am Nice new controller/utility module from JK :

Sweet! For me it would be even better if the transformations could also include normalising and normalising with what I think one would call DC adjustment, that is adjusting it so the highest point becomes as high as can be and the lowest as low as can be.

I almost would consider just subscribing to your future modules if I could. :wink:

It's been a while..hopefully a big update for VM. It's the most Goliath of 'em all https://youtu.be/Jg236Z59OEw
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:06 am It's been a while..hopefully a big update for VM. It's the most Goliath of 'em all https://youtu.be/Jg236Z59OEw
This could just be another VST I guess unless three is some other information floating about!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:28 am
crystalmsc wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:06 am It's been a while..hopefully a big update for VM. It's the most Goliath of 'em all https://youtu.be/Jg236Z59OEw
This could just be another VST I guess unless three is some other information floating about!
The label “A GOLIATH OF SOUND RETURNS” and video text “Return of the Titan” suggests another retro synth VST to me too. The only synth name that sparks in my head is Jupiter, so maybe they modelled a Jupiter 4, something different than what’s already out there?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

i prefer that they improve voltage modular, it's GUI handling, it's SRC problems (no prob for me, i work on 48.000 but still), the problems in some cherry audio modules (the synthvoice).
luckily third parties developers have new modules, quite usefull.
but it seems that on the developers side, some "implementations" (simple make a module polyphonic, but i can be wrong) aren't there, or not that easy or it depends. (one developer complained about it. a well known one..)

What's with this ngzrgr (or however it's spelled) releasing a new module like every 3 days.

I haven't bought any modules from them because I don't trust that they can support 800 modules while pumping out new ones every other day.

briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 pm What's with this ngzrgr (or however it's spelled) releasing a new module like every 3 days.

I haven't bought any modules from them because I don't trust that they can support 800 modules while pumping out new ones every other day.
tbh their design aesthetic is anathema to me and only one of their modules appealed briefly, a mixer which could handle stereo aux channels, I demoed it and it was obvious that they’d made no effort to optimise it and it had a horrible effect on cpu usage. The rate they’re knocking them out I assume either they’re working as a collective or making very basic functionality modules with some design templating code they’ve developed.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:55 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 pm What's with this ngzrgr (or however it's spelled) releasing a new module like every 3 days.

tbh their design aesthetic is anathema to me and only one of their modules appealed briefly, a mixer which could handle stereo aux channels, I demoed it and it was obvious that they’d made no effort to optimise it and it had a horrible effect on cpu usage. The rate they’re knocking them out I assume either they’re working as a collective or making very basic functionality modules with some design templating code they’ve developed.
+1 to all of the above. It seems whenever a nice new module from another maker appears it gets knocked off the list by a slew of mediocre looking stuff by this person. That's the nature of the system that CA have set up though, so unless they start intervening with a bit more quality control, it'll continue.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

i think people use his modules. i do not. and it indeed it floods the store. luckily, still can see what comes out, by other developers.

i have also problems, with them, they don't add much to the CA environment (or nothing). but other people may like them, although the prices for the bundles are extreme, really extreme.

the developer is very enthusiastic... i think he does not sleep...

o well, new developers have arrived, and still VM is great. (but CA must do something about VM, better performance, the GUI problems, their SDK, etc. the problems with synthvoice, the SRC, etc. etc. etc. it really needs to be better...)

I have to admit I held off getting Voltage Modular for some time as every time I looked at the modules it was flooded with those modules...the stuff for free on VCV was far better so I just didn't bother- it was only when I got hold of the high quality CA stuff that VM had any appeal.

It would be good if there was an approved section for 'shop' modules, then a free section for anyone who wants to publish 100's of little modules (like VCV) with no endorsement by CA.

Just looking now, 8 of their 12 modules that show up on page 1 are by Nrgzr78, maybe the first page should show 1 per vendor?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Limiting to one module per dev sounds rough, how about limiting to the to the three latest modules? Or perhaps going that rough would be a good idea given how much this particular dev litters the market with mostly generic modules that could be replaced by pre existing ones but given overtly fancy names.

This developer is annoying with this behaviour and the flashy, non-ergonomic design nonsense. I argued it could hurt CA. I just concentrate on the good developers and I like Voltage Modular much more than Softube Modular (which I also have), because of its ergonomics and choice of modules.

Return to “Instruments”