If you had to pick just one u-he plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay. I already have ACE. So besides ACE, if you had to pick just one u-he plugin what would it be?

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

My U-he plugin preference, in order (not counting ACE). Please note, I like all of these. Some just more than others.

Zebra 2 - Most versatile of all of them. A bit of a learning curve, but worth it, IMO. There's not much this thing can't do and Zebra 3, which is going to be a relatively cheap upgrade, will be even better. This is an investment in the future.

Bazille - The most unusual of all the U-he synths. The sequencer alone is enough to get lost in for months.

Diva - A great analog emulation, not necessarily of any one instrument, but the mix and match osc and filters make this a gem. Arguably the best sounding next to the Repro synths.

Repro-1 - I like this better than Repro 5 because of the additional FX. You can get some really wicked sounds out of this thing.

Repro-5 - Not enough modulation routings for my tastes. Otherwise, this is a great sounding synth.

Hive - Just not into who this synth is targeting. It doesn't sound like any of the other U-he synths and I think the other synths on the market that have this sound do it better. That's just my opinion. Lots of people love Hive. I'm just not one of them and use it very rarely. If you're looking to get Hive, I'd look to synths like Spire and Rapid first. Even Synthmaster 1 I think does what Hive does better, not that I'm a huge Synthmaster 1 fan. My favorite synth of this type is Dune 2. I use it almost all the time when I do an EDM track.

Anyway, those are my picks. I'm sure they have been absolutely no help at all.

Oh, and before anybody starts ragging on me for my opinion, U-he is my all time favorite synth maker. I will absolutely buy every synth they come out with and have.

I doubt more than 10% of the people here can say the same.

zebra 2.5, the dark zebra.

Zebra then Bazille

i would pick
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

killmaster wrote:Zebra then Bazille
Wait, let me re-order that:

MFM2
Zebra 2
Bazille

If I had to chose one and wasn't allowed to download the free ones, it would be Bazille.

However I'm enjoying BazilleCM for now, and also Tyrell, so with those already, it's Repro that I would (and did) choose. May get the full Bazille some day if it gets the 48 note bend range.

Satin for me, even though I know we're in the instruments forum.

It's easily the most useful plugin in my arsenal for getting the types of sounds that I want.

Repro-1/5 + Satin is heaven.

That's a tough one, but right now it would be Repro 5 so that I can continue to pretend to be Richard Barbierri every now and then, but at the moment it's all still shiny and new and lovely.

Diva. Not for the regular price though.

That's like an impossible choice!

Maybe Bazille...

Hive

No contest, Zebra 2 for sure.
It has been the most consistently used soft synth for me since Zebra 1 was AU only.

Zebra.

Return to “Instruments”