Audio Damage released DISCORD 4

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
hivkorn
Banned
3509 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 am

Audio Damage released DISCORD 4

Discord4 is the latest version of our most popular and long-lived product, our Discord stereo pitch shifter. Originally modeled from the H910, Discord has long since become its own effect and a studio standby, and this version includes major additions to further stretch its capabilities.

The pitch-shifter consists of three separate algorithms: a "vintage" mode (the original Discord algorithm, modeled on the Eventide H910 and H949), a "clean" mode for more modern shifting sounds, and a "granular" mode for experimental effects. Each mode has its strengths, depending on the input material, and Discord3 has a broad palette of capabilities as a result. The P1 and P2 algorithms have full control over the buffer (window) size of the shift effect, for fine tuning the shift to the input signal, or for stranger sound effects. At the extremes of the six-octave shift range, some truly strange aliasing and artifacts can be had with this control.

Discord4 retains its pair of tempo-synced delays and bandpass filters from previous versions, and adds a reverb in the feedback loop (for easy access to "shimmer" effects). We have also replaced the modulation sources from the original with our all-new FLFO (Flexible LFO) design. Panorama controls are included to control the stereo width of the wet signal. Finally, soft saturation and limiting have been added or improved throughout the signal path, for an overall improved sound and added vintage-style warmth, and to allow for extreme feedback experiments without fear of overloading your DAW's channel.
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... 4-discord4
Discord 4 is 59$

audiosabre
KVRian
1134 posts since 24 Jul, 2008 from England

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:53 am

Upgrade is $10, as usual.

UI is way preferable to v3, which was oddly shaped and cramped, imo. Made me not want to use it compared to v2. LFO thingie and verb seem appealing.

Probably pick up the filterstation update too, whilst I'm there. Bangin' :tu:

krzys
KVRist
99 posts since 3 Jul, 2005 from Ottawa,Canada

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:03 am

Hello

Bought upgrade. Much improved GUI. Hoping all older plugins will be equally adorned!

K

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
31499 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:31 am

Cool. Thanks for the heads up :)

Neon Breath
KVRAF
4038 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:34 am

krzys wrote:Hello

Bought upgrade. Much improved GUI. Hoping all older plugins will be equally adorned!

K
So beside the revamped GUI and the added reverb, nothing really new in term of sound engine? The core of the plugin seems to be exactly the same, same modes (vintage, clean, granular) and pretty much same functionalities. Mostly cosmetic update I guess?

pekbro
KVRAF
4435 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:47 pm

Well here we have another no brainer $10 upgrade. Much improved, at least
workflow/appearance wise imho. Although I haven't compared the two versions as yet.

-Cheers

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
31499 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Discord4 retains its pair of tempo-synced delays and bandpass filters from previous versions, and adds a reverb in the feedback loop (for easy access to "shimmer" effects). We have also replaced the modulation sources from the original with our all-new FLFO (Flexible LFO) design. Panorama controls are included to control the stereo width of the wet signal. Finally, soft saturation and limiting have been added or improved throughout the signal path, for an overall improved sound and added vintage-style warmth, and to allow for extreme feedback experiments without fear of overloading your DAW's channel.
I can live with that for $10 ... :ud: :tu:

krzys
KVRist
99 posts since 3 Jul, 2005 from Ottawa,Canada

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:11 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
krzys wrote:Hello

K
So beside the revamped GUI and the added reverb, nothing really new in term of sound engine? The core of the plugin seems to be exactly the same, same modes (vintage, clean, granular) and pretty much same functionalities. Mostly cosmetic update I guess?

Hello

Not just a GUI/reverb upgrade. Evolved functionality throughout. As an example, the LFO's have deeper level of detailed control. It is an evolution of the original concept/design.

K

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
3505 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Sold. They need to do RRP. f**kers.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Neon Breath
KVRAF

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm a bit lost here with the website and account thing. Can someone help and enlighten me?

I have Discord 3 and as I suspected, my account has not been transferred over the new AD website. On their support page it says 'For paid upgrades only available on the new site, make a new account here for your purchases'. I'm not sure to understand here what I have to do, if I want to upgrade my Discord 3 to 4 I have to create a new account and then buy the $10.00 upgrade over the Product section under 'Upgrades'? That's the way to do it?

Thanks!

Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF
9206 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Neon Breath wrote:I'm a bit lost here with the website and account thing. Can someone help and enlighten me?

I have Discord 3 and as I suspected, my account has not been transferred over the new AD website. On their support page it says 'For paid upgrades only available on the new site, make a new account here for your purchases'. I'm not sure to understand here what I have to do, if I want to upgrade my Discord 3 to 4 I have to create a new account and then buy the $10.00 upgrade over the Product section under 'Upgrades'? That's the way to do it?

Thanks!
Pretty much...

1. Create an account on the new site
2. Go to the upgrades section
3. Add the $10 upgrade to your cart
4. Checkout

That's it!

Neon Breath
KVRAF

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:I'm a bit lost here with the website and account thing. Can someone help and enlighten me?

Thanks!
Pretty much...

1. Create an account on the new site
2. Go to the upgrades section
3. Add the $10 upgrade to your cart
4. Checkout

That's it!
Thanks so much! :tu:

exmatproton
KVRAF
2915 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:09 am

love it! The new reverb in the feedback loop is a fine addition. The UI is so much better compared to the previous editions.

Gone soft
KVRian
1060 posts since 3 Oct, 2011

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:40 am

Did I understand the manual correctly that the delays can now be set to zero seconds? Which should mean it can be used as straightforward granular or pitchshifting effect with no extra delay? Anyone that has the latest version than can tell me if I'm wrong or not here?

michaeltn86
KVRist
236 posts since 8 Jun, 2016

Post Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:57 am

this looks pretty cool. do they have sales period or intro price? I'll try their products in such time :] thanks

Return to “Effects”