One Synth Challenge #108: Diodow by HrastProgrammer (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hrast updated those fixed TW and DW versions on the website, everyone update!

(Except Linux users might need to wait a few days because Hrast is not near his Linux machine to build the update.)

BTW everyone!

If you add Shortcuts=1 to .ini file, now you can change pages in the browser using Page Up/Down, and using arrows to select presets!

Cool :), thanks!

I'm wondering when BJ's gonna get around to pinning this thread? LOL.

I seem to be experiencing strange instability in the timing - like there is jitter or something (a bit like what is sometimes experienced through usb midi for example)?

e.g. I sequence a straight 16th note hat pattern with a simple noise hi-hat and to my ears the timing is all over the place! Odd!
If I bring in another synth (just tested Synth1) into the same project and play the same pattern, the problem goes away.

I just tried freezing that hat part and sure enough the audio shows visible jitter!

Anyone else anything like this? Perhaps this is this just my system? Or a known issue? Using Ableton 32bit, windows7... stable enough otherwise in Live.
I'm speculating that this might to do with the client/server architecture of the vst implementation or something? But I have no idea. Does this thing use the IP stack to to talk to itself?

Any thoughts or input much appreciated :) I've scanned the other thread but seems mostly about the interface, please let me know if I've missed something! Thanks

@zarf, the timing was off on my system too (Win7, 64bit, Ableton Live 9.7.5). I changed Sample Rate to 96kHz, and that seemed to fix it for the moment, but I haven't tested it further.

colonp wrote:@zarf, the timing was off on my system too (Win7, 64bit, Ableton Live 9.7.5). I changed Sample Rate to 96kHz, and that seemed to fix it for the moment, but I haven't tested it further.
Hey thanks for the tip will give that a go :D

EvilDragon wrote:BTW everyone!

If you add Shortcuts=1 to .ini file, now you can change pages in the browser using Page Up/Down, and using arrows to select presets!
Wow!!!! Amazing, thank you for catching this.

EDIT: this doesn't seem to work, not on linux at least. Maybe it was a new addition that was not built into linux yet?
Last edited by urlwolf on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah Zarf, same thing here with some triplets but on a patch using an LFO to add PWM. The sequence sounded out of whack and I had to adjust the lfo speed to keep the triplets steady. Not in deep enough yet to know if it is an issue yet for me.

I can't seem to get the adsr's to work, it's like they are stuck in ar or something. Only the attack and release seem to do anything.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

colonp wrote:@zarf, the timing was off on my system too (Win7, 64bit, Ableton Live 9.7.5). I changed Sample Rate to 96kHz, and that seemed to fix it for the moment, but I haven't tested it further.
Thanks colonp - that has helped. It is certainly improved - maybe even usable for beats, not sure yet, can still hear and see the issue but much less. Cheers for your help.

TheNeverScene wrote:Yeah Zarf, same thing here with some triplets but on a patch using an LFO to add PWM. The sequence sounded out of whack and I had to adjust the lfo speed to keep the triplets steady. Not in deep enough yet to know if it is an issue yet for me.

I can't seem to get the adsr's to work, it's like they are stuck in ar or something. Only the attack and release seem to do anything.
OK - that's interesting on the timing, cheers.

On the adsr, I had the same thing as they are pretty unintuitive compared to a standard adsr. Try turning the level of the (D) down (on the right, with time on the left) and you might find you can hear the decay in action. We're used to turning down the sustain level not the decay level maybe - still trying to get my head around it too!

WRT ADSR envelopes, I guess the level value is the target rather than the starting value.

@zarf my pleasure!

Regarding envelopes, click on the envelope section name (i.e. Env #1, Env #2, etc.) and you get a graphical editor for envelopes.

Thanks Zarf, that helps. Didn't realize the controls included the neighboring column. Still weird, gonna take some getting used to to dial them in.

@Evildragon Tried that but no luck, but I haven't updated yet if that's the reason.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Looks like Diodow doesn't have that editor, bummer.

Return to “Instruments”