[ Electronic & Weird ] Me Dreamt of Pathetic Cliché Sounds And Phrases

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today I woke up after a weird dream - the gods of music demanded that my lack of musical coherence and pretend to-be mixing which is conceptually similar to Bob Ross' Tree painting strategy, should find it's culmination in a piece of none-art full of pathetic cliché sounds and phrases which everybody will reject listening instantly...I asked the Gods: Does this mean, I should do a track that sounds like David Guetta or Skrillex and all their sound-a-likes? Or just do some Bach or Rock'n'Roll Copy? They didn't reply anything...
Well that was a weird dream. I immediately decided to fullfil this demand with the piece you just found here...
Or could it be that I'm possibly failed to deliver to the gods? What do you say?

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/me-d ... nd-phrases

---
All sounds coming from multiple instances of just one VST Synth. Most Sounds I've started from init...Synth is accompanied by a vast amount of other plug-ins for mixing and stuff.

---
updated 24.02.2018 (repaired the URL)
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This was very cool, lots of great sound design and effects work, keeping it interesting throughout. I was really digging the bitcrushing on this one and the various elements coming and going.

Nice work!

Def not failed! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Sounds good for starting from scratch. Nice ideas, yes, good breaks in there, too. Enjoyed listening.
Greetings
Hm

oddly appealing ...
my first thought was ;
' this gives me an updated group 87 / a career in dada processing ' vibe ...

:tu:

Thanks guys, thanks experimental.crow, JKillz, htcnext2 and murnau,
Thank you all for your nice feedback.

Let me share something, because JKillz has mentioned "BitCrusher". Actually there is none. Might be surprising. How did I get the "BitCrushed" sounds then?
The synth in question has LFOs that go well up the audio-range, up to 1000Hz. I've used that for
a.) AM-Modulation or
b.) FM, traditional, applied to the osc pitch or
c.) Filter-FM, applied to the filter freq. Afaik this is more a modular-synth thing because usually you don't have this modulation option in synths other than modular ones...
d.) Used it on various other sound generation parameters - The OSCs have several Params that shape the wave form (Sigma1, Sigma2, Morph,..). Please don't ask what all those parameters actually do ;-) It was kind a challenging expedition into the land of "undocumented features"

Very cool ideas and thanks for sharing, sounds like I have some experimenting to try out :)

has a little lutz glandien (sp?) the fifth elephant feel to it, like dance music that youre hearing from a dimension that is off axis by a few degrees with our own!
i suspect the use of a dwave computer and an lhc to assist you with this, either that or is the mystery synth diadow?

nice work :)

Thanks vurt for your feedback! I'm definitely the five elephant from a higher dimension that is not only of axis by some degrees... ;-)
And you're right this is Diodow and this track is actualy my submission for the OneSynthChallenge #108, see my entry here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=499321&start=420#p7016936

If you like - Please vote for my track! It's the best way to foster bob ross style of music on kvr!

Sounds good. I like your use of glitchyness.
The wonky pad is cool...
The odd distortion on the lead synth is nice too!
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:Sounds good. I like your use of glitchyness.
The wonky pad is cool...
The odd distortion on the lead synth is nice too!
Well done! :)
Thanks a lot, Allomerus!
The odd distortion is actually a modulation of the Filter Frequency driven by a fast lfo with lfo-frequency well into the audio range.

Damn, figured out that I've posted a corrupt link in the OP :-(
Fixed it- here's the correct one:
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/me-d ... nd-phrases

---
I have already gotten some comments on soudcloud, but the don't show up!? HAa anybody had the same problem? Any solutions? I'm puzzled...

vurt wrote:... like dance music that youre hearing from a dimension that is off axis by a few degrees with our own!
Or, dance music from the 23rd Century, accompanied/preceded by too much of this stuff:-

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Romulan_ale

I love the breakdown/drop at 3:32. It sobered me up a little :drunk:

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:
vurt wrote:... like dance music that youre hearing from a dimension that is off axis by a few degrees with our own!
Or, dance music from the 23rd Century, accompanied/preceded by too much of this stuff:-

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Romulan_ale

I love the breakdown/drop at 3:32. It sobered me up a little :drunk:

Good work :)
Many thanks, seismic1! He he he...yes, probably "some" (I promise,really! only some) Romulan Ale was involved in this...

Return to “Music Cafe”