IK Multimedia Black 76 – free with Computer Music issue 254 (April 2018)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lajosuti wrote:I have more hassle with my iLok plugins than with my IK Multimedia stuff.
Then you're not trying hard enough ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I was about to buy the mag but Zinio is such a pain in the *** that I gave up. They're trying to force you to keep CC info

IK multimedia's Black 76 is a fantastic plug in, getting it for the prize of a magazine is a complete no-brainer.

p.s. and for those who complain about the installation: Installing the IK plug ins is not harder than opening a can of tuna, it only requires a very small bit of intelligence...

tappert wrote:I was about to buy the mag but Zinio is such a pain in the *** that I gave up. They're trying to force you to keep CC info
I had a couple of subs with Zinio a year or so back, CM being one of them. I forgot about the saved CC and I wasn't going to renew, but Zinio kindly renewed for me!!! I contacted them, they cancelled the sub and refunded my money so I can't complain about them at all.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

p.s. and for those who complain about the installation: Installing the IK plug ins is not harder than opening a can of tuna, it only requires a very small bit of intelligence...
But what if your can of tuna comes packaged with other cans you must not open and with included tuna salesman who watches what you do? :D

Honestly, I have IK setup which I dare not to touch (meaning: no upgrades or new stuff) because so often these new versions just stop working in my (admittedly strange) system.

Just tested the Black 76, just one remark : something is wrong on the GUI, the labels for the input volume are 0 6 12 18 24 30 36 24 again and infinity, instead of 48 :D

Hah, so it is; it is in the "paid-for" version too. I'll report it to IK Support
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Ivan_C wrote:Just tested the Black 76, just one remark : something is wrong on the GUI, the labels for the input volume are 0 6 12 18 24 30 36 24 again and infinity, instead of 48 :D
An update is supposedly in the works to fix this. When it's released, if you've manually removed all the other IK plugs besides the Black76 and the Custom Shop, you'll have to do it all over again after installing the update.

DarkStar wrote:Hah, so it is; it is in the "paid-for" version too. I'll report it to IK Support
I already reported this some weeks ago :)

Full T Racks 5 is no trivial download for some of us. Currently I only want that one plugin (I figure others will only want that too) so here's how I reduced the download to minimal time, space and minimal plugins.

Download the older T-Racks (rather than new version 5 for now). - less than 200mb vs nearly 1GB.
Install that.
Open DAW
Register the serials for T-Racks and Black 76 when it comes up in the DAW.
Go into your Windows plugin folder, delete the unwanted plugins.
Restart DAW - hey presto only Black 76 showing. Now working and properly registered with IK. :)

The GUI is the slightly older version with a T-Rex head.

edit: issue solved by computermusic@futurenet.com

Arrested Developer wrote: p.s. and for those who complain about the installation: Installing the IK plug ins is not harder than opening a can of tuna, it only requires a very small bit of intelligence...
I am a software engineer and I have dismayed and abandoned for the day. I guess I should also stay clear of tuna cans.

For those wondering, here's the process from magazine purchase:
Step 1:
I chose to do it online, thinking it would be quick stuff. Created account with Zinio, bought magazine (used Paypal to keep it simple). Transaction completed but no magazine. Emails came in, no links to product. Waited 15 mins. Sent a support request. 15 mins later support did something and I had access to magazine.
Step 2: Magazine uses FileSilo for downloads. Create account, verify ownership of magazine. Find download for Black 76. The download is just more instructions.
Step 3: Apply for plugin license via a form. Wait 15 mins for email. Meanwhile, Download IKM license app and the t-racks5 bundle, 1 GB (basically every plugin they sell in a bundle).
Step 4: Install IKM license app, create IKM account, apply license code sent via email. Install t racks 5, login at t racks, make sure your plugin appears as a purchase.

I'm stuck here:
Step 5: Go to your DAW, scan plugins, T Racks 5 and Black 76 should appear there.

They don't though. What's step #6? I'm exhausted. Today was plug-in day for me and I had a similar dance earlier with Scheps Omni Channel Strip (BTW, $38 at plugindiscounts).

So bought the Waves plugin, created Waves account and applied purchase code, donwloaded Waves licensing software, installed and configured, then stuck at Step 5 (DAW shoots a message about license engine missing). Reinstalled, deleted, reinstalled, retried, read documentation & forums, contacted support, etc. I've lost half a day with this nonsense between both plugins.

BTW I'm on Tracktion/Waveform. Reaper can see the Waves plugin but only after shooting the same license dialog. At least it runs. Black 76 is nowhere to be found.

Sounds like you‘re running tracktion in 32 Bit
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

jochicago wrote: I am a software engineer and I have dismayed and abandoned for the day.
I bought plugins from tons of companies and only bad experiences with 2 companies. East west and Ik multimedia because of unfair business practices.

This T-racks shop story sounds right up their alley.
I even have credit with Ik multimedia but i will never buy their stuff again.

Quick follow up.

RE: IK Black 76
Their support got back to me after a couple of days. They seem intent on helping, but I'm switching DAW to Studio One which didn't have a problem seeing the Black 76 plugin, so that ordeal is over.

Re: Waves Schep Omni
Their support got back to me much quicker, and a nice Waves tech was very responsive via email and offered to help me via remote session if need be. I kept fiddling with it and after a few more attempts I got the license issue solved. but Waveform still can't see the plugin, and Waves claims not to support Waveform DAW so I'm out of luck there (but it works in Reaper).

However, Studio One sees both Black 76 and the Waves plugin without issue.

Return to “Effects”