Emergency! Need Synth ASAP (Contest Ends March 1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:I have to say I’m a little jealous of this guy. He’s managed to coax every possible sound out of his ~100 synths.

People, still after 30 odd years, haven’t yet found every sound in the Jupiter 8 and yet this guy has already found the limits of infinitely more complex synths. 100 times over to boot. Talented much.
i poke fun at ol wags but he IS a smart guy...
I barely made heads or tails out of AudioTerm when i
was trying to make wavetables for Surge.
Yet here he is flying through it like its nothing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOatL84fxc
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:I have to say I’m a little jealous of this guy. He’s managed to coax every possible sound out of his ~100 synths.

People, still after 30 odd years, haven’t yet found every sound in the Jupiter 8 and yet this guy has already found the limits of infinitely more complex synths. 100 times over to boot. Talented much.
i poke fun at ol wags but he IS a smart guy...
I barely made heads or tails out of AudioTerm when i
was trying to make wavetables for Surge.
Yet here he is flying through it like its nothing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOatL84fxc
We kid each other and it's all in fun, but some of these guys are just flat out rude.

Glad the video helped a little. At least I hope it did.

You could probably contact Tracktion and have them rest the demo time for you...

I really think Biotek would be an interesting synth to get into now. No 3rd party libraries for it as far as I know (I haven't looked hard though).

Check the vid for a quick idea of what is now available under the hood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kdp4StcbO8

with a list of synths that big i think you need to just break old habits and create sounds in a different way. there is no way you have done all you can with them

Maybe you could dip your toes into the IOS world. Obviously your unit margins would drop but I suspect there are an awful lot of kiddies out there with their latest iCrap devices convinced they are about to be the next big thing just desperate to sling a few bucks at a soundset that covers the latest garbage on the radio.

I haven't read through all ten pages, but I think you should reconsider GForce Oddity 2. The reason being, this is far more than just an emulation of the Odyssey. Every single slider on the interface has its own additional dedicated envelope and LFO. That means you can make vastly more complex modulated sounds than you could with a real Odyssey. Also, it has a fully polyphonic mode.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Synapse Audio Dune 1

Or maybe it is better to start such a thread in the Soundware forum? I think it is related more to the presets than the synth/instrument and also because there, in the Soundware forum, are many professional sound designers (means they design sounds for living), so they might be a better help than here (where most of us are either hobbyists in sound design, just musicians (pro or not), or just don't care really about the business related to soundware.

Wagtunes is in this Forum because he believes that we are potential customers. He makes threads like this about once a year, as part of his social media marketing strategy.
:dog:
However, I think Steve should take on the challenge of making his usual retro 80's sounds using a synth that is entirely different, such as Phonem or Exhale. That would be cool if it succeeded.
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

So what's wrong with Phonec 2?

Michael L wrote:Wagtunes is in this Forum because he believes that we are potential customers. This thread is part of his social media marketing strategy. He creates a thread like this about once a year, and this is his third one.
So it's kind of marketing. However, I don't see it a good idea!
He would earn more positive feedback if he does the marketing/indirect ads like other professional sound designers.

EnGee wrote:
Michael L wrote:Wagtunes is in this Forum because he believes that we are potential customers. This thread is part of his social media marketing strategy. He creates a thread like this about once a year, and this is his third one.
He would earn more positive feedback if he does the marketing/indirect ads like other professional sound designers.
That‘s my opinion as well. Especially because not too seldom he‘s quite rude in his thread posts. Potential customers are surely distracted by this behaviour.

martinjuenke wrote:
EnGee wrote:
That‘s my opinion as well. Especially because not too seldom he‘s quite rude in his thread posts. Potential customers are surely distracted by this behaviour.
That is the great thing about personal perspectives; they differ so greatly. I do not find Wags to be rude. I do find him standing up for himself against the countless jackasses here on KVR that do not come to seriously discuss aspects of music or gear but to bully and make dumbass comments in order to get others to pay attention to them.

You guys crack me up. You see conspiracies and motives behind everything. All I wanted was somebody to say, "Here's a list of synths that fit your criteria." That's all. And believe me, if I had just ONE friend here who was really knowledgeable about synths and could have helped me, I would have PM'd them and said, "Hey, can you help me out?" But you all see how I'm treated here. This thread is living proof of it.

Well don't worry. March 1 I'll be closing up this train wreck as it's obvious I won't be getting anymore help. I'm grateful for the suggestions I've gotten so far and I will be getting something. If Biotek falls through, at $29, Element 2 is a no brainer. I did listen to it and it's vastly improved over Element 1.

In the meantime, I hope you're all proud of yourself for being so high and mighty and superior to me and pointing out how mentally unbalanced I am because I wanted a synth suggestion.

Anyway, back to the mud slinging. After all, you guys need your entertainment.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
EnGee wrote:
That is the great thing about personal perspectives; they differ so greatly. I do not find Wags to be rude. I do find him standing up for himself against the countless jackasses here on KVR that do not come to seriously discuss aspects of music or gear but to bully and make dumbass comments in order to get others to pay attention to them.
JJ don't waste your breath on the assholes.

By the way, you were the one who suggested Biotek. If they get back to me and extend my demo time, you'll be getting the library plus any other library I have. Hopefully, they'll grant my request.

Return to “Instruments”