ValhallaExistentialCrisis

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valhallasound wrote:Image

OK, that is all sorts of beautiful.
Thats the Civic not the Accord.

This is the Accord as a coupe but there was also a saloon.

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I loved my 1980 Honda Civic, that was a great car. Got it for $400 in 89
with about 50k miles on it. Near perfect condition except for a small dent on
the hood where my buddies elderly dad had (not seriously) struck a pedestrian.
After that, they thought it a good idea to sell it to me to keep him from driving it.

*Not the last car my friends dad ever drove, just the last one with a manual transmission.

Looking forward to any new work from ValhallaDSP :)

In your defense, the 77 accord also had cvcc on the grill, which referred to the engine.

I've owned an 83 Accord LX hatchback (~240k miles) then a 91 Civic Si (~280k). Loved them both. The record in our family for most miles in a Honda is currently held by my sister, still driving her '00 Odyssey at well over 300k.

On topic:

Like Pekbro, I am also eagerly awaiting the Valhalla offering!

Right. Am I buying Colour Copy, or am I waiting for this?
I suppose I'm asking... are they covering similar ground? ;)

EdGrip wrote:Right. Am I buying Colour Copy, or am I waiting for this?
Colour Copy models analog bucket brigade delay pedals (such as the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man). The new Valhalla delay will model a tape delay (such as the Roland Space Echo).

They will offer quite different flavors and I expect that they will be the best available plug-ins for their respective delay styles.

SonicDimension wrote:
Colour Copy models analog bucket brigade delay pedals (such as the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man). The new Valhalla delay will model a tape delay (such as the Roland Space Echo).

They will offer quite different flavors and I expect that they will be the best available plug-ins for their respective delay styles.
I am planning on buying both. Colour Copy so far is amazing. I hope this ExistentialCrisis plugin is better than Modnetic and Diffuse, if so I'll be clearing out my delay plugins.

SonicDimension wrote:

I'd have to say that any hypothetical Valhalla delay would have a different control set than Colour Copy. So, even if ValhallaDelayed (not a real name) has a BBD model, it may work differently than Urs' stuff. I haven't tried Colour Copy yet.

"ValhallaDelayed" is kind of an in-joke. I first modeled tape echoes in some alpha code back in 2014, when an RE-301 in nice condition came up locally. So any hypothetical plugin has been slowly cooking for about 4 years now.

Personally, I prefer the RE-201 and Echoplex. I might have stated this before. These delays have less periodic wow & flutter, and much more random modulation. It makes for a more interesting sound.

My other favorite delay is my EHX 1100-TT Memory Man. 4(!) MN3005 chips in there, for 900 msec of delay. Tap tempo, separate mod rate/depth controls, just a fantastic fantastic sound. I A/Bed this with the standard Deluxe Memory Man, and they sounded almost identical.

valhallasound wrote:I haven't tried Colour Copy yet.
You totally should!

EvilDragon wrote:
valhallasound wrote:I haven't tried Colour Copy yet.
You totally should!
I just downloaded it. I'll give it a spin when I go out to the studio later today.

dangayle wrote:
SonicDimension wrote:

I am planning on buying both. Colour Copy so far is amazing. I hope this ExistentialCrisis plugin is better than Modnetic and Diffuse, if so I'll be clearing out my delay plugins.
AFAIK Surreal Machines do not allow licence transfers...

martinjuenke wrote:
dangayle wrote:
SonicDimension wrote:

AFAIK Surreal Machines do not allow licence transfers...
Oh, in that case I’ll keep them because they are also awesome :)

valhallasound wrote: I'd have to say that any hypothetical Valhalla delay would have a different control set than Colour Copy.
You're referring to it as "hypothetical", does that mean it's still nowhere near completion?

Just curious, not meaning to sound pushy, it's done when it's done right? :)

chuckwood wrote:You're referring to it as "hypothetical", does that mean it's still nowhere near completion?
Please don't tell me this will be another Zebra 3 thread…

dangayle wrote:
chuckwood wrote:You're referring to it as "hypothetical", does that mean it's still nowhere near completion?
Please don't tell me this will be another Zebra 3 thread…
I don't track Urs' stuff that closely, so the reference goes over my head.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”