The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:20 am wagtunes,
Now listening to "Yellow Brick Road": very cool intro with sitar. I own Native Instruments "India", but I have lots of trouble making NI stuff work in Kontakt. I have the sheet music book for the entire "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album(s), but I never mastered any of the songs. I have played "Funeral For a Friend" a million times starting in the 70's, but only play a fraction of it decently. Never was very good at reading sheet music, even with 5 years of piano lessons. Haven't read sheet music or played real piano in years. Without your vocals (real or synthetic) and your piano you often use, I'd never think, "that's clearly a wagtunes song!" But it doesn't matter because it sounds really good! Very nice melodies (per usual) and excellent audio quality. :)
Thanks Aaron. You really dug back into the archives for this one. Had a lot of fun doing that "trance" influenced CD, though many said it wasn't really Trance. Oh well. E for effort? LOL

Thanks for the listen and feedback. Much appreciated as always.

12th, title and final track from my upcoming CD "Journey To The Other Side"

This track took 38 days to come together. Enjoy!

Journey To The Other Side

What lies beyond
What waits for me
When we are gone
What will we see

Pack your bags comb your hair
Come with me if you dare

You'll never know you'll never find
It just might totally blow your mind
The only way that you'll find out
What all the mystery's about
Is if you take me by the hand
And come with me to that unknown land
I promise you an unforgettable ride
On your journey to the other side

It might be strange
My lovely child
It might drive you
Completely wild

Take your coat, grab your hat
We'll be there in seconds flat

Repeat Chorus

You really haven't got a thing to lose
Either way it's not something you choose

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... other-side

Nice one. :tu: Loved the guitar solo, also the way you started the "pack your bags..." line.
Is this timed to coincide with Easter?

Is there a link to the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road cover?
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Bansaw wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:55 pm Nice one. :tu: Loved the guitar solo, also the way you started the "pack your bags..." line.
Is this timed to coincide with Easter?
Thanks for the feedback. Guitar solo was short but did the job. The whole song was pieced together like a jigsaw puzzle. That's why it took so long to do. As for Easter, if it seems that way, it was just a happy accident.

Roman Empire wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:59 am Is there a link to the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road cover?
My song "Yellow Brick Road" is actually an original tune I made as part of an album referencing "The Wizard Of Oz"

Here is the link.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -of-trance

Thanks! Nice atmosphere. Had it not been for that the snare is on 3 instead of 2 and 4, it would get very close to 90´s eurorave stuff. Still close though!
Best Regards

Roman Empire

wagtunes,
"Journey to the Other Side": Right off the bat it sounds like classic wagtunes (especially with the piano). Recently I took a journey; the farthest I have traveled to the East....and yes, it involved lots of sharks. The vocals fit nicely. Your song has very nice audio quality and melodies per usual. Nice piano playing too!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:04 am wagtunes,
"Journey to the Other Side": Right off the bat it sounds like classic wagtunes (especially with the piano). Recently I took a journey; the farthest I have traveled to the East....and yes, it involved lots of sharks. The vocals fit nicely. Your song has very nice audio quality and melodies per usual. Nice piano playing too!
Is it really that time again? Will be checking out your latest ASAP. Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Took 38 days to do this track. Hope it shows.

Catch yuh later.

wagtunes,
Now listening to "Destiny Rides Again": there's a possibility I reviewed this song earlier, not sure to be honest; I didn't check all 271 pages on this thread; haha. I think I have reviewed all of your newer songs (going by my questionable memory); give me a "call back" if you think I missed one. Whatever the case, the song has an excellent 80's vibe. The Buggles type of lead vocals work well, as do the background vocals. Regardless of its source, the lead guitar sounds particularly good. Very nice melodies and audio quality per usual. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:55 pm wagtunes,
Now listening to "Destiny Rides Again": there's a possibility I reviewed this song earlier, not sure to be honest; I didn't check all 271 pages on this thread; haha. I think I have reviewed all of your newer songs (going by my questionable memory); give me a "call back" if you think I missed one. Whatever the case, the song has an excellent 80's vibe. The Buggles type of lead vocals work well, as do the background vocals. Regardless of its source, the lead guitar sounds particularly good. Very nice melodies and audio quality per usual. :)
Honestly, don't remember if you commented on this one or not either. Too many songs to keep track of. But thanks for the feedback either way. I enjoyed doing this one a lot.

1st track from my upcoming CD "Box Full Of Nothing"

It's In There

It's in there
It's in there
Nobody can say we don't care
Come and take a look
Then we'll put it in the books
It's in there

Carefully we planned
Right down to a man
Cause we give a damn
We do
We do

Only give the best
We beat all the rest
We say it not in jest
For you
For you

So why don't you give it just one try

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

See I didn't lie
You gave it a try
And now you are sky high
With joy
With joy

Maybe for next year
When the skies are clear
I can hold you near
Your boy
Your boy

Cause I know I'm everything you need

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/its-in-there

2nd track from my upcoming CD "Box Full Of Nothing"

Vanishing Act

Don't blink...Don't look away
Or you might miss it...This thing today
Because...It's mystical
This thing I do...Is a spectacle

Vanishing act right before your eyes
You're in for some surprise
And I tell you no lies
That's a fact
My vanishing act

I'm cool...Coolest in the land
So join me...I'm a one man band
You'll see...that I am for real
Oh yeah baby...I'm the real deal

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Next time...That I'm in town
Better make sure...You come around
Because...I don't stay for long
I come and go...When I sing my song

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/vanishing-act

Listening to Vanishing Act. Nice chill vibe. I really liked the lead that comes in at around 1:15.
Jeff

jwnicholson wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:57 am Listening to Vanishing Act. Nice chill vibe. I really liked the lead that comes in at around 1:15.
Jeff
Thanks. My group has decided that they want to cover this one for a future album.

Return to “Music Cafe”