The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Re; Holy Smokes - I love that track, particularly the edgy riff, harmonised vocals and quirky lyrics. Great play on words that sound corny on paper but you make it work. Would like to hear more in that style; edgier, more riff based etc.

frank1985 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:27 am Re; Holy Smokes - I love that track, particularly the edgy riff, harmonised vocals and quirky lyrics. Great play on words that sound corny on paper but you make it work. Would like to hear more in that style; edgier, more riff based etc.
Thanks for the listen and feedback Frank. Much appreciated as always.

wagtunes,
Reviewing your song "Red Hair Red Dress Red Shoes": has the trademark wagtunes nice melodies. Vocals work well. Instrumentally sounds very good everywhere. Very good audio quality. Nice song and recording! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:57 am wagtunes,
Reviewing your song "Red Hair Red Dress Red Shoes": has the trademark wagtunes nice melodies. Vocals work well. Instrumentally sounds very good everywhere. Very good audio quality. Nice song and recording! :)
Thanks Aaron. I see you've posted early this month. Will be checking out your new stuff shortly.

wagtunes,
Now listening to Knife Through The Heart: your audio quality has gotten a lot better over the last 12 years, but the song still has appeal. The effects on your vocals work well in this; sounds unique for wagtunes. I'm guessing this is all real guitar. This sounds quite vintage: I'd say 70's to 80's, which is fine by me, my favorite decades for music. Still has the usual very good melodies all around. Nice song! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:46 am wagtunes,
Now listening to Knife Through The Heart: your audio quality has gotten a lot better over the last 12 years, but the song still has appeal. The effects on your vocals work well in this; sounds unique for wagtunes. I'm guessing this is all real guitar. This sounds quite vintage: I'd say 70's to 80's, which is fine by me, my favorite decades for music. Still has the usual very good melodies all around. Nice song! :)
Track was done in 2010. From 2003 to 2008 I had stopped writing. Started up again in 2008 with a new analog studio. Bought my first electric guitar, a Squire Strat. That began about 6 years of playing guitar on songs. Stopped in 2014 when I went to PC recording. Back in those old days though, I didn't own and EQ or a compressor. So everything was pretty raw and essentially unmixed.

Frist track from my upcoming CD. No title for it yet.

Am going back to using artificial voices. Just got Emvoice and I think it sounds a lot better than Vocaloid. This is a duet between Lucy and Jay.

The Dream I Had

The dream I had
You were my whole world
You were my man
And I was your girl
Perfect it was
No way could it be better
That was the dream I had

The dream I had
You were my whole world
I was your man
And you were my girl
Perfect it was
That was the dream I had

If only life was perfect bliss
If every night ended with a kiss
I wouldn't want for anything
And every night I would sing

The dream I had
Prayed it would not end
And you were there
My very best friend
Perfect it was
That was the dream I had

Repeat Bridge

Repeat Last Verse

That was the dream I had

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/the-dream-i-had

My latest. Dirty vocals and all.

It's All About Me

Some people call me a narcissist
Some people say I'm self centered
Some people say I'm an egomaniac
Well this is the deal that you've entered

Cause it's all about me
It's all about me
It's all about me
It's all about me

I go through life with just one thought
What I can get for myself
Cause all I think of is my own life
I don't care about anyone else

Repeat Chorus

I don't need nobody
And nobody cares for me
I don't need nobody
It's about time for you to see

Instrumental Break

So if you see me on the corner
Hustling for a dime
You better hang on to your wallet
Cause I want to make it mine

Repeat Chorus 2x

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... l-about-me

Its All About Me.
This track reminds me of the way Alice Cooper would sing in a way that sounds a little bit Cabaret, a little bit unhinged. In a good way.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:29 am Its All About Me.
This track reminds me of the way Alice Cooper would sing in a way that sounds a little bit Cabaret, a little bit unhinged. In a good way.
Well done!
:)
Obviously the song wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Had a lot of fun doing it. Alice Cooper was one of my favorites back in the 70s. Schools Out, Elected, Hello Hooray. So many great songs he did.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:46 am My latest. Dirty vocals and all.
Very apropos to our time. Sounds great!
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:09 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:46 am My latest. Dirty vocals and all.
Very apropos to our time. Sounds great!
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

wagtunes,
Now listening to "It's All About Me": the vocals work well. Instrumentally, it becomes a lot more alive when more instruments kick in. I'm gonna guess the female background vocals are Vocaloid? It is a good addition. They sound more realistic than they have in the past, if it is Vocaloid. Nice melodies per usual. Is it just me, or is there more grit/distortion (the good kind) than usual for one of your newest songs? Nice song and recording! :)

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:10 am wagtunes,
Now listening to "It's All About Me": the vocals work well. Instrumentally, it becomes a lot more alive when more instruments kick in. I'm gonna guess the female background vocals are Vocaloid? It is a good addition. They sound more realistic than they have in the past, if it is Vocaloid. Nice melodies per usual. Is it just me, or is there more grit/distortion (the good kind) than usual for one of your newest songs? Nice song and recording! :)
Hi Aaron: Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Actually, the voice is Emvoice, which I find to be superior to Vocaloid. As far as the dirt in the song, yes, tried to dirty it up because of the subject matter, especially the vocals.

Will be checking out your latest shortly.

"It's all about me":

The text seems to me to be a way of describing the typical lifestyle of many
people today. In any case, it's very pointed, well done! :tu:

The song itself really succeeded: First only vocals and piano, then drums and
bass come in - a great increase. I would have wished for more in the chorus.
The guitar solo makes up for it - really good. The third part threatens to
become boring. But the acoustic guitar on the left, the electric guitar and
the female vocals keep the song interesting. :)

All in all: I'm thrilled! Really good song, the topic of the lyrics is conveyed
convincingly! :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Music Cafe”