slow and uneventful piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

slow and uneventful first movement of a work I have to put aside until June or so as I am busy with a sound design/composition piece for an exhibition until then. But I wanted to get this down - along with a lot of other material that gets used in the next movement(s) but is not in this first one
Last edited by woggle on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woggle wrote:slow and uneventful first movement of a work
Wow, hard sell alert! You should work in sales ;)

Lovely sound, even if it is a bit uneventful. Quite the atmosphere piece. It's not like there's no change or evolution over time.

sjm wrote:
woggle wrote:slow and uneventful first movement of a work
Wow, hard sell alert! You should work in sales ;)

Lovely sound, even if it is a bit uneventful. Quite the atmosphere piece. It's not like there's no change or evolution over time.

Hey, :) thanks for listening and I am glad you like the sound. I used a few instruments doubled or slightly doubled

Bazantar and Basstard from 8DIO
Double Bass and Contrabass Clarinet from Xsample
E-Bowed Acoustic guitar from Soniccouture
Bohemian Violin and Cello from Virharmonic

plus different reverbs, mainly Blackhole, Adaptiverb and Reverberate

[and of course the very slow build and harmonic development toward the end is very deliberate :)]

I'm liking it. I like the LOWS...

"slow and uneventful" - respect for your comfort level with that. I have something which is taking forever which is slow and scant in events. If I ever post it I want to say 'but this is some boring shit, Jim'.

- listening while replying, I have to get out of here soon. It is actually going places. Very nice sonorities, in an organic sort of growth. And sort of chiaroscuro.

Been doing long tones for so long I'll avoid other drone-y or ambient usually. Me, I was sold by 'slow and uneventful' and this paid off. :)

Accurate description, but it is very nice to have on in the background and I actually like the sound of it...
I think sometimes we (myself included) are in too big a hurry to make changes in the flow of music.
Would think this would make a great soundtrack to a slow fire... (video)
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

mirabile dictu !..

thanks for the quality listening time and comments jancivil, allomerus and experimental.crow This has turned out to be a very popular piece for me.
I am quite keen on a fire Allomerus - have had a fireplace or campfire in the backyard for over 30 years and across a few different houses
Jancivil - much appreciated

This is nice and atmospheric with rich textures within. Did you use real samples here (cello?) or are these synth drones? Great track.
Greetings
HM

htcnext2 wrote:This is nice and atmospheric with rich textures within. Did you use real samples here (cello?) or are these synth drones? Great track.
Greetings
HM
thanks - it is all sample based, I listed the instruments earlier but here they are again

Bazantar and Basstard from 8DIO
Double Bass and Contrabass Clarinet from Xsample
E-Bowed Acoustic guitar from Soniccouture
Bohemian Violin and Cello from Virharmonic

Return to “Music Cafe”