VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

X-Post from TAL forum

New TAL Synth

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-mod

Last edited by ere2learn on Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 am, edited 16 times in total.

I actually really like that colour theme but can't work out how to get back to it after trying another theme - oddly the default doesn't seem to be the same as the original default!

Anything by TAL is an instant buy!

Wow wow wow! TAL :love:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Wasn't expecting this...

Well thats $40 I wasn't planning to insta-spend... :tu:

Any idea how long the intro period is?

Yum!!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Naenyn wrote:Any idea how long the intro period is?
Hopefully a week or two. Need to pay my electricity bill :P
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

This is really special, superb GUI and the oscillators sound great. After making a nice pad and a chunky bass line in minutes I purchased it without a second thought and went to work on a new track around those patches.

The only feature I found myself reaching for that wasn't there was a way to gradually morph between the waveforms of an oscillator.

Thank you for the new synth and the intro price discount! :tu:
Last edited by Nleif on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

tested and works in winxp sp3!!!!!, great low cpu usage, great sound, clean gui.
last purchase was Spectral at $50
this will likely be where my next $40
goes after further testing. brilliant, TAL! :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

From the feature overview it seems to be something like Sylenth 2018. Cant test it right now but im sure sound quality must be top notch like any other Tal stuff.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

This really isnt anymore 'modular' than something with a good mod matrix, and i much prefer that over a gui covered in fake cables.

AnX wrote:This really isnt anymore 'modular' than something with a good mod matrix, and i much prefer that over a gui covered in fake cables.
Yeah, I never quite figured out why developers do that. I’ve even thought that Eurorack missed out on some system of smart case that eliminated the need for physical cables and included preset memory. I miss good ol’ VAZ Modular.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Dupe.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

AnX wrote: a good mod matrix, and i much prefer that over a gui covered in fake cables.
A big + 1, but this case the synth is quite simple so these pseudo-cables may actually give better overview of the patch than a traditional matrix.

Don't qiute understand the unison (voices), the manual says it adds 6 saws to the main waveform - as I understand regardless of the main waveform which is weird IMO.

Shame there are effects but no distortion, a circuit-modelled drive unit from TAL would be super nice. But these effects seem very basic anyway, probably an afterthought.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”