U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah, at 10hp its a tiny monster, so much packed in to so small a unit 8) . might be worth having two (or more eventually) especially if youre thinking of adding even more functions.

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:20 pm yeah, at 10hp its a tiny monster, so much packed in to so small a unit 8) . might be worth having two (or more eventually) especially if youre thinking of adding even more functions.
Magic comes at a price. It's not going to be intuitive, and if you like 8 super bright LEDs, they can easily suck 300mA out of your +5V supply (it should be merely 100mV at settings which don't fry your eyes).

Let's see how it goes once it's done. I just hope we can ramp up production soon, before another part gets deprecated or some such thing.

as long as leds work, and i can see that things are working, im fine with dimmer leds :hihi:
its the functions that count, not the looks of the thing 8)

it would be shitty to get so close then have to shut it down, because some parts go obsolete :(
ive seen it with some cool pedals too, all for the sake of one part.

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:31 pmif you like 8 super bright LEDs, they can easily suck 300mA out of your +5V supply (it should be merely 100mV at settings which don't fry your eyes).
Oh, I had a sudden epiphany about why Mini Slew consumes twice the current that Function does despite doing the same essential thing. It's those 8 murderous blue LEDs that people put tape over anyway :hihi:

Yay, serial 002, the first pre-series unit to arrive at u-he headquarters.

nice!

...Hi Urs... I WANT!!! ;-)

So ready for Superbooth? :hyper:

Matjoe wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 am So ready for Superbooth? :hyper:
It does look good for that!

I don't know if I reported the latest glitch...? Looks like the encoders have a pretty high fault rate coming from the manufacturer, like 2% or so. So we now have to build a contraption and a process that lets us test every single encoder *before* it gets sent to the assemblers. And of course, someone has to do that.

(but no worries, once they work, they are reliable... we've been very happy with our first prototype which is still up and running after a year of being hooked to the dev machine)

So yes, Superbooth. We have a different spot this year because the upstairs cafe has renovations. We'll be in the room behind the Absinthe bar. This has the advantage that we can do better demonstrations including a quadrophonic modular setup. If all goes well.

Urs wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:31 amWe have a different spot this year because the upstairs cafe has renovations. We'll be in the room behind the Absinthe bar. This has the advantage that we can do better demonstrations including a quadrophonic modular setup.
Not to mention ALL THAT ABSINTHE! LOL. :party:

mmm absinthe :love:

Urs wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:31 amWe have a different spot this year because the upstairs cafe has renovations. We'll be in the room behind the Absinthe bar. This has the advantage that we can do better demonstrations including a quadrophonic modular setup. If all goes well.
Okay, I can't get to Berlin this year but I can have some absinthe and pretend :D

im thinking about it, but a trip to berlin is the cost of a couple of modules.
so it's a tough decision :hihi:

Urs wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:31 am
Matjoe wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 am So ready for Superbooth? :hyper:
It does look good for that!

I don't know if I reported the latest glitch...? Looks like the encoders have a pretty high fault rate coming from the manufacturer, like 2% or so. So we now have to build a contraption and a process that lets us test every single encoder *before* it gets sent to the assemblers. And of course, someone has to do that.

(but no worries, once they work, they are reliable... we've been very happy with our first prototype which is still up and running after a year of being hooked to the dev machine)

So yes, Superbooth. We have a different spot this year because the upstairs cafe has renovations. We'll be in the room behind the Absinthe bar. This has the advantage that we can do better demonstrations including a quadrophonic modular setup. If all goes well.
Than it`s a reason to visit Superbooth this year :D

Hey Urs, any thoughts about the eurorack Select Bus system? I have a few modules which support it now and it's a really cool trick to be able to change presets for more than one client module from a single server. I'm doing this with my Rene v2, Tempi and Disting mk4 (I may get my Voltage Block in the mix). WMD, Malekko, Make Noise, Mungo and possibly a few others have implemented this system which was originally developed by Macro Machines but the specs are all available and the system itself work very well.

At first, I thought this would require a 16-pin power header (to connect with the pins that Dopefer and others use for the CV/Gate bus) but I think you could just have a separate header which just connects to a second bus board header.

I assume that hardware design on CVlization is frozen (I hope ;-)) but I would be interested to hear you thoughts on the subject.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”