New Rob Papen synth : Go2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Go2

greedy.mf wrote:I cannot get it triggered from external MIDI - either from controller or piano roll.
But I can see in Ableton that it sends MIDI data... wtf :o

I can trigger internally using small button near preset/bank selector.
Not fun at all,
Either I'm stupid, or the synth.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? I use AU version.

The demo responds to both midi controller and piano roll notes here in Reaper and FL Studio.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Robmobius wrote:
recursive one wrote: This synth looks pretty nice too, the GUI seems clear and practical.
Yep... My thoughts too.
I think to a great extent it comes down to what you think about the color green. I hate green but the gui itself is functional. I'd turn it blue/grey in a heartbeat if that was an option.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I think to a great extent it comes down to what you think about the color green. I hate green but the gui itself is functional. I'd turn it blue/grey in a heartbeat if that was an option.... :shrug:
Usually people who like unnatural things, hate green. :cry: You need to get out into nature.
Blue/grey combo - says you are dehumanized, with a tinge of futurism to spruce yourself up, and cover what you've lost. :borg:

HunterKiller wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I think to a great extent it comes down to what you think about the color green. I hate green but the gui itself is functional. I'd turn it blue/grey in a heartbeat if that was an option.... :shrug:
Usually people who like unnatural things, hate green. :cry: You need to get out into nature.
Blue/grey combo - says you are dehumanized, with a tinge of futurism to spruce yourself up, and cover what you've lost. :borg:
What about those into red? :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

I typically don't care about the colours as long as there are no really outrageous combinations like, dunno ... orange+ violet perhaps or the like. But even then I can live with it as long as it doesn't render the GUI unreadable.

E.G. Rapid's colour scheme (gray + orange) is atrocious but the GUI itself is very well thought so I use Rapid a lot and have made many patches for it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

HunterKiller wrote:
Yea man get into nature and get all green and shit... green means healthy dont worry bout your toes fallin off ahahahhah

djanthonyw wrote:Looks like a rip off of Synthmaster

If I'm choosing between those just based on the GUIs, I'm choosing Go2.

In my opinion the GUI looks nice. Clean and clear. Not very skeuomorphism like a lot of plugins and vsts.
I liked the demo. Nice vst and great price. I have all of his products. I like them.. I think they are very underrated. Good sound and mid range frequencies (At least in predator and go2) A lot better than all of the NI commercial stuff in my opinion.

First impressions were that it seems great value and sounds pretty good, but that I already had the sounds covered. Then I stuck it in an existing project and it sat really nicely in the mix. Certainly looks like SM, but not that I care — my only wish would be that the GUI fully supported retina resolution.

*edit* Couldn't resist the price. The selection of waves with morphing produce a wide range of sounds. Go2 is quite an apt name. :tu:
Last edited by db3 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yesterday I would have said Rob Papen can't make a good synth (I really dislike the sound of their other products, they sound undetailed and muffled to me). This is a very pleasant surprise ! It's a very good synth for a very nice price ! OK, the GUI is a "I don't have the time to make a GUI" style, but that's not what matters the most right ? I consider a purchase...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Several members mentioned UI similarity to Synthmaster 2.x

I don't think there is much of it.
In terms of color theme green is bit darker and blue-er. Nicer overall.
In terms of usability and logic of UI layout it is night and day.

As much as I love Synthmaster sound, it's been always a drag to use thanks to it inhumane UI.

Go2 is actually nice.
CPU load, sound and one-page layout is a big plus(es).

Already find a kind of bug. In the "Points" selector of multi-point envelope plus button counterintuitively decrease number of points. Strange.

AU still doesn't respond to MIDI and is named "Raw" in Ableton browser.
VST works ok.

This one sounds good, better than any other RP synths, imo. If this really C&R? If so, no buy, which is shame :(

jsp1979 wrote:

I think the similarity is coincidence, they are both using similar colours but Synthmaster actually has different colours anyway, that's just the green skin. The knobs are similar but they are also the same knobs used in many other RP synths, just matching the colour scheme.

HunterKiller wrote: Usually people who like unnatural things, hate green. :cry: You need to get out into nature.
Usually people who jump to conclusions end up spraining an ankle. :wink:

I love Nature and spend considerable time enjoying it but I don't like green GUI's or clothes,or cars, or.....

Oh and not all Nature is green. I live in the Desert which tends to be mostly browns but is no less beautiful. :tu:

jsp1979 wrote:

Dark grey and cyan (not green) is actually a very common colorscheme.
And the GUI is just a less is more implementation (probably to go along with the philosophy of the synth which is also aimed towards simplicity). Nothing wrong with it.

Return to “Instruments”