f**k!!!!!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi tim.....listen to this shit here, I was sooooo close to finishing my m42 masterpiece bank....had just finished the 96th preset this morning....i was listening to it back and forth with another bank and somehow i saved over my bank with the factory bank!!!!! ALL OF MY PRESETS HAVE BEEN LOST!!!! AAAAARRRRHHHGGGGG!!!!! Hours and hours and hours of f**king work gone in a second! SHIT!!!! :bang:

Nevertheless, I will rebuild....but it's gonna be another f**king month now before i can have a full bank finished..... :bang: :dog: :dog: :evil:

Just lettin ya know that i'll eventually have a bank for you like i promised....it's just gonna take a whole lot longer now.

lol.
Peace!
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

that's really sad - I feel with you :(
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Nightmare, thats not good at all :(

Ohhh.... :( That's really grim. Sorry to hear it...

TotcProductions wrote:Nevertheless, I will rebuild....but it's gonna be another f**king month now before i can have a full bank finished..... :bang: :dog: :dog: :evil:
OUCH!
I feel for you, bro!
just try not to let it get you down - but rather use it as a learning experience :shock:
i cant say it enough - backup, backup, backup your work!
after each set of 32 presets it would be a good idea to back up your bank again in a new folder or something...

listen to this:
we had a hard drive crash about 3 years ago due to that damn snow white virus - and we lost EVERYTHING, i mean EVERYTHING - 2.5 gigs of sample CD's we were producing: 8 different projects we were working on at the same time - over 1.5 years worth of work just GONE! at the time, i didnt know if i would ever recover from that loss, but slowly i did rebuild!
now electronisounds has 27 .wav format sample CD's (and you better beleive i've been backing up my projects like clockwork ever since !!)

keep your chin up!
JUNEBUG
http://www.Electronisounds.com (my samples and loops website)
https://pro.beatport.com/artist/prizm-prime/389343 (my tracks on BEATPORT)

lol, hey, thanx for all the support guys! Some good peoples here at KvR....Junebug's story makes mine look like nothing though....I'm all good now, just needed to vent......after some breathing excercises and aroma therapy i'm ok with it. :lol:

What can ya do right.....oh well.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

-=ToTc Owns You=-

TotcProductions wrote:lol, hey, thanx for all the support guys! Some good peoples here at KvR....Junebug's story makes mine look like nothing though....I'm all good now, just needed to vent......after some breathing excercises and aroma therapy i'm ok with it. :lol:

What can ya do right.....oh well.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi TOTC
Yeah...it's happened to a lot of us..I have lost sounds too, now I am extra careful, and backup reguraly...'bout time for a backup today, so thanks for the reminder!

Remember: THINK before you save!
But: at least you got to know M42 inside and out! so I bet your next set of patches will be even BETTER! This has been my experience.

TC

Bit of a long shot, but would a system restore work. doubt it, doesnt affect saved stuff normally, but worth a try? Also, did you save a song that used the bank, maybe it save the bank too?

Or maybe try something like Active Undelete which can recover files that have been deleted from your system.

that's a bummer man. Your patch designs have been getting better & better..

Don't sweat it, like TC said, just means bigger faster stronger next time round.

Just go torture a small animal..that always makes me feel better :help:

damn, dude. that's worse than a hard drive crash. you couldn't get that back with "lost and found" if you tried.
Thanks,

Bigg John
FREE Loops @ http://www.looplibrary.com

sickle666 wrote:Just go torture a small animal..that always makes me feel better
Sounds good....i think there was a small group of bunnies born in my backyard the other day...think i'll go run them over with the lawnmower... :lol:

-=ToTc Owns You=-

USE THE FLAMETHROWER, MAN, THE FLAMETHROWER!!!

sickle666 wrote:USE THE FLAMETHROWER, MAN, THE FLAMETHROWER!!!
Sweet....it's dark here too so that'll probably be quite a show.... :troll:

Hey sickle666, forgot to mention, thanx for the compliments by the way! I really appreciate it.
I'm actually opening a website towards the end of this month/beginning of August...but i'll save that for the General forum ; )

Peace! 8)

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Return to “AlgoMusic”