Quanta - A new granular synth from Audio Damage (Now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quanta 2

tactile_coast wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:48 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:57 pm I miss the days of affordable AD plugins.
They are still pretty much given away for just a few $ on ios if that fits into your workflow.
There's an iOS version of Quanta for iPad (looks like it's currently still available for $10). No Quanta 2 for iOS yet though. I never really used iOS Quanta and ended up offloading it. Might be useful when I start doing live performances again---or jamming with other people in person---and I don't feel like bringing my laptop.

FYI Quanta 2 never coming to iOS as per Audio Damage twitter acct

Is this free for original owners of v1 or its an paid upgrade?

I tried the demo, didn't crash once.
Ready to buy but awaiting my Plugin boutique discount coupon.

Has anyone who bought it from Plugin Boutique gotten their discount coupon?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:58 pm Has anyone who bought it from Plugin Boutique gotten their discount coupon?
no, not yet

Seems a bit expensive for what the update/upgrade offers. When I saw Quanta 2 was out I was excited...kind of bummed now.

muki wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:49 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:58 pm Has anyone who bought it from Plugin Boutique gotten their discount coupon?
no, not yet
He responded to my tweet.. PIB coupons come on tuesday. or not before tuesday.
rsp
sound sculptist

What a clunky approach - it would have made more sense for PB to issue a serial that can then be registered in your Audiodamage account like most other purchases through PB

Quanta is nice but I haven't really used it in ages, so a $70 upgrade price isn't going to even tempt me. If it was under $40, I'd probably go for it but $70 is more than I paid for v1. And in some ways it seems liek a bit of a lazy upgrade, in that they've just taken all teh cool workflow/GUI features from Continua and stuck them in here.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:19 pm What a clunky approach - it would have made more sense for PB to issue a serial that can then be registered in your Audiodamage account like most other purchases through PB
1000% Agreed.
Rsp
sound sculptist

HcDoom wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:00 pm Is this free for original owners of v1 or its an paid upgrade?

From the email I received as a v1 owner ...
AudioDamage wrote:Quanta 2 is US$129, but as an existing Quanta 1 owner, you qualify for a US$59 upgrade price. Just add Quanta 2 to your cart, and use the code QUANTA2UPGRADE at checkout to apply a US$70 discount. (Be sure you are logged in, as the code only works if you already have Quanta 1 in your account.)
So it's a $59 upgrade ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:36 am
HcDoom wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:00 pm Is this free for original owners of v1 or its an paid upgrade?

From the email I received as a v1 owner ...
AudioDamage wrote:Quanta 2 is US$129, but as an existing Quanta 1 owner, you qualify for a US$59 upgrade price. Just add Quanta 2 to your cart, and use the code QUANTA2UPGRADE at checkout to apply a US$70 discount. (Be sure you are logged in, as the code only works if you already have Quanta 1 in your account.)
So it's a $59 upgrade ...
Does their Black Friday sale usually apply to upgrades? Looks like it was 50% off in 2020 and 40% off in 2021....

BONES wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:06 am Quanta is nice but I haven't really used it in ages, so a $70 upgrade price isn't going to even tempt me. If it was under $40, I'd probably go for it but $70 is more than I paid for v1.
$70 is the discount, not the upgrade price. It's $59 to upgrade.

Looks like they're refunding the original discounted price for Quanta 1 and then charging the remaining Quanta2 retail price to upgrade ...
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ahh thanks.
Definitely doable.. waiting for my Pib code on Tuesday.
rsp
sound sculptist

So upgrading from the AD website costs me $59, and upgrading from Pluginboutique would cost me $59 as well. But the Pluginboutique price is with VAT included, and as I'm VAT exempt, it would cost me 21% less (about $11). So I'd rather upgrade through Pluginboutique. Which I can't seem to do because I bought v1 from the AD website directly.

Does anybody know a way to get the v1 license into my Pluginboutique account?

Return to “Instruments”