Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

I wish they would open source ohmicide. Best distortion plugin ever made. I'm sure someone would update it, new skin, compatibility update, like Surge...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:41 pm I wish they would open source ohmicide. Best distortion plugin ever made. I'm sure someone would update it, new skin, compatibility update, like Surge...
I kind of hope they don't - purely for selfish reasons :hihi:

I find it nuts that no-one's managed to make a better one in all those years since. Some of the distortion algorithms are just so unusual, yet remain musical..

I don’t think I’ll ever do a preorder or a crowdfunded software purchase again.

It just doesn’t make sense especially with the number of changes needed for OS compatibility.

I’ve said it in other threads but I think we’re seeing a major change in desktop plug-in effects and instruments.
In this current market I would imagine it being very difficult to build a new company or new product (as an unknown developer).

Ohmforce just became a weird company so not the greatest example but it’s just a reminder that you can’t invest in a future iteration of a plug-in.
There are too many variables from new hosts to new OS compatibility issues.
Either it’s ready and you’ll intend to use it or else it’s just not worth it.

emailed them a while ago asking about updates.. i do that every 6 months or so. i used to get some kind of response but now nothing.

I just bought Infinity, after losing OhmBoyz to a Mac M1 upgrade. Stoked that you dial in the same sounds as the OG OhmBoyz in this thing.

DJMaytag wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:31 pm I just bought Infinity, after losing OhmBoyz to a Mac M1 upgrade. Stoked that you dial in the same sounds as the OG OhmBoyz in this thing.
oof. good luck. i mean.. they're non-responsive to emails. afaik infinity hasn't been updated to apple silicon native and last i checked it didn't work at all.

is it working for you?

also, worth mentioning that the older plug ins are working well in rosetta for me on Ventura/apple silicon.. but infinity won't even pass AU validation in logic

edit: just redownloaded and installed infinity and it's the same old version they haven't updated in ages. still won't pass logic's au validation and cannot be opened in ableton.

if you're able to get it to work some how please let me know what you did as i'd love to be able to use it... though, w/the older ohmforce plug ins working fine in rosetta via apple's Aucompatibility app thing the audio units seem to work fine for now.

I bought the upgrade, downloaded it, and installed it. I’m on Monterey, not Ventura. Reason isn’t M1 native yet, so no worries there… yet.

I didn’t even bother with trying to see if OhmBoyz would work in Monterey, as I thought it was one of a few plugins that didn’t even make it to Catalina compatibility.

DJMaytag wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:08 am I bought the upgrade, downloaded it, and installed it. I’m on Monterey, not Ventura. Reason isn’t M1 native yet, so no worries there… yet.

I didn’t even bother with trying to see if OhmBoyz would work in Monterey, as I thought it was one of a few plugins that didn’t even make it to Catalina compatibility.
it was weird. catalina/big sur broke them then they all worked again with one of the newer OS. like magically. in big sur i think.. can't recall but i posted it in this thread.. the GUIs of the old plug ins all got scrambled.. then magically fixed w/next update. they work better than infinity which for me doesn't work at all and hasn't worked in a long long time. not even on my intel system which i've since moved on from and gotten an apple silicon macbook pro.

ohmforce is missing in action and it's weird they are still selling infinity to people when it doesn't work for many of them and isn't going to be updated.. anytime soon if ever

edit: here's that post
viewtopic.php?p=8133075#p8133075

and if you scroll back a few more pages you can read about the infinity saga of the last 3 or 4 years or however long it's been

edit edit: and the other one where they were suddenly all fixed in Monterey
viewtopic.php?p=8257578#p8257578

Crazy. I guess I just got lucky, holding out on Mojave on a 2016 MBP for so long and then jumping to Monterey with a new machine.

DJMaytag wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:08 am Reason isn’t M1 native yet, so no worries there… yet.
I would think the M1 beta should come out any day now...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

...aaaaaand it's gone. Native Apple Silicon support (beta) is here, and now Infinity is gone... lame.

Infinity still crashes Cubase! I can't still use it after all these years.

I'm holding on to the old Ohmboyz........ until VST2 support is dropped on all the DAWs.

I installed version 0.6 recently which is the last stable version for me on Windows 10 and somehow managed to install the presets that come w/ version 0.10. All else aside, I'm glad to have this again and not crashing, when it works it's a full on fx suite basically and you can fsu pretty handily or more usefull get some good movement going.

Def. lame the way it's been abandoned b/c it's a capable bit of software when it works.

it's still completely broken for me. the old ohmforce plug ins will load and work fine for me on ventura and apple silicon. running via the Au compatibility app in logic etc. but ohmboyz infinity won't even pass the validation scan in logic. haven't tried to reinstall it or anything in a long time. it's a lost cause. bummer because it does sound really good imo.

non reply from anyone at ohmforce when looking for help.

It’s working fine here in Windows 10. I’m sure a stable Mac version is on the way, as soon as they get their drawings of cats in space suits finished.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Effects”