wagtunes wrote: VIENNA INSTRUMENTS PRO 2 - $168.77
VIENNA MIR PRO 24 - $343.35
MIR ROOMPACK BUNDLE - $966
VIENNA DIMENSION STRINGS I (X) - $1393.37
ORCHESTRAL STRINGS BUNDLE - $1001.23
APPASSIONATA STRINGS BUNDLE - Free

Total - $3,872.72

That's about $800 over my budget.
Not sure how crucial OS is given your goals. AS are big sections.
that can lop off 1K in one fell swoop.
If I don't get OS then AS isn't free. So I'm not lopping off 1k. Now if I break off AS into AS 1 and 2 then I'll get 2 free and this is what it comes out to.

VIENNA INSTRUMENTS PRO 2 - $168.77
APPASSIONATA STRINGS I - $ 560.41
APPASSIONATA STRINGS II - Free

Total - $3,431.90

So I save a little under $450. I'm still over my budget. So for a lousy $400 more (not even) I get OS included.

If were talking actually knocking off 1k and getting it for $2,800, yeah. But losing that extra product, I don't get AS completely free. And full bundles always make more sense because of the additional discount. So getting rid of OS doesn't really make any sense. Not for a lousy $400.

I dunno I've tried several times to see what combination of bundles or libs I would do and it keeps coming out not the greatest savings after all because if you break bundles in order to get the 3 for 2 sale, then you lose some of the discount written into the bundle price and its a moot point.

If it were me, I'd recommend you don't worry bout this sale. Just think of what products you want and get them. Unless you have 3 discrete "products", whether they be bundles or not..you need 3 products in one order and each product roughly the same price..then you'll be getting 30% off, but if any of those are sub sets of a bundle that you were going to get anyway and you broke them for the sale, then you're maybe getting 10-15% discount actually. Its fine, every bit helps, but not if you end up buying extra stuff just because you think you're getting something free.

I don't really think this is that great of a sale honestly. Its too complicated with their already overly-complicated pricing model.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote:I dunno I've tried several times to see what combination of bundles or libs I would do and it keeps coming out not the greatest savings after all because if you break bundles in order to get the 3 for 2 sale, then you lose some of the discount written into the bundle price and its a moot point.

If it were me, I'd recommend you don't worry bout this sale. Just think of what products you want and get them. Unless you have 3 discrete "products", whether they be bundles or not..you need 3 products in one order and each product roughly the same price..then you'll be getting 30% off, but if any of those are sub sets of a bundle that you were going to get anyway and you broke them for the sale, then you're maybe getting 10-15% discount actually. Its fine, every bit helps, but not if you end up buying extra stuff just because you think you're getting something free.

I don't really think this is that great of a sale honestly. Its too complicated with their already overly-complicated pricing model.
Well, in my case, if I get OS complete, DS 1 and AS complete, I'm saving over $800. So it is definitely worth it, especially since I really do want all 3.

alight I misunderstood you a few minutes ago I thought you were saying you only wanted OS in order to get something for free.

If you buy exactly those three things, no more, no less, then you basically get Appasionata for free and it works because you need all the bundles anyway.

Doesn't work out for me unfortunately... If you know you want or need all three, then might as well go for it.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote:alight I misunderstood you a few minutes ago I thought you were saying you only wanted OS in order to get something for free.

If you buy exactly those three things, no more, no less, then you basically get Appasionata for free and it works because you need all the bundles anyway.

Doesn't work out for me unfortunately... If you know you want or need all three, then might as well go for it.
No problem. Yeah, ideally, I'd love all 3. But money makes that a problem. Anyway, just sold my Hive license. So we're on our way. Selling a few more things as well that I don't use much.

Never thought it would come to this.

this is def more advanced shopping than I've ever done

jancivil wrote:this is def more advanced shopping than I've ever done
Eh, you don't want to know how much money I've burned through on music stuff in 40 plus years. It would make you sick.

Just throw it up on our card wags and get it over with. You'll be able to pay it off in 30 days to avoid the interest. I see no reason to delay GAS on this level, on the contrary, that much GAS could be dangerous to your immediate vicinity ;)

No, don't buy quite yet! There are some missing factors that have not been considered and carefully weighed, as well as possible options not discussed in sufficient detail!!
:D

In this YouTube video Junkie XL talks about his thousands of VSL templates in Cubase, starting at 9:00:
/watch?v=W54Es2KmegY

And here Tom walks you through it:
/watch?v=bB1twfL5b28

I really like it because he focuses on workflow, and on designing the instruments toward a unique sound.

Note: Copy & paste these YouTube URLs into the YouTube search. Otherwise the videos show up in this thread and they are a bit off-topic.
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:No, don't buy quite yet! There are some missing factors that have not been considered and carefully weighed, as well as possible options not discussed in sufficient detail!!
:D
But semi-seriously, in these YouTube videos Junkie XL talks about his thousands of VSL templates in Cubase, starting at 9:00: /watch?v=W54Es2KmegY and here Tom walks you through it: /watch?v=bB1twfL5b28
I really like it because he focuses on workflow, and on designing the instruments toward a unique sound.
Your links do not work :)

wagtunes wrote:
jancivil wrote:
wagtunes wrote: VIENNA INSTRUMENTS PRO 2 - $168.77
ORCHESTRAL STRINGS BUNDLE - $1001.23
APPASSIONATA STRINGS BUNDLE - Free

Total - $3,872.72

That's about $800 over my budget.
Not sure how crucial OS is given your goals. AS are big sections.
that can lop off 1K in one fell swoop.
If I don't get OS then AS isn't free. So I'm not lopping off 1k. Now if I break off AS into AS 1 and 2 then I'll get 2 free and this is what it comes out to.

VIENNA INSTRUMENTS PRO 2 - $168.77
APPASSIONATA STRINGS I - $ 560.41
APPASSIONATA STRINGS II - Free

Total - $3,431.90

So I save a little under $450. I'm still over my budget. So for a lousy $400 more (not even) I get OS included.

If were talking actually knocking off 1k and getting it for $2,800, yeah. But losing that extra product, I don't get AS completely free. And full bundles always make more sense because of the additional discount. So getting rid of OS doesn't really make any sense. Not for a lousy $400.
Thats alot of money to spend on orchetral libraries. Are you sure its worth the outcome? because it looks like you will be spending all your savings (i hope im wrong) and as some one pointed in this thread, 10 times bigger price wount make the quality 10 times higher. And the higher the expectations the higher dissapointment will be especialy if you are not on the level to do a high quality recordings with pro-sumer level orchestration tools. But in the end the expierience that makes you happy is important, so if it does make you happy just go with it :)

@Elektronisch

5 years ago, this purchase would have made no sense at all. Why? Because I totally sucked at this and had no desire to get any better. Honest enough.

But something happened a few days back that turned out to be a major milestone in my progression as a musician. I won't bore you with the details. One member here knows what happened because he's the one who got me to get off my ass and do what needed to be done to become a better orchestrator. And that part had nothing to do with what library I use. But my current tools simply stifle creativity because I hate working with the Play engine. It's horrible. So I am essentially starting over. I can justify it because this time I'm willing to put in the work to become a "competent" orchestrator whereas before I was a total hack. Now the purchase makes sense because I will be fully utilizing these tools to the most of their and my potential.

The sacrifice that I'll have to make, which again has nothing to do with money, is putting more time into my orchestrations, which means maybe I don't put out quite as much music in a year as I've been doing. If the quality improves, which I expect it will, then it will be worth it.

Were I able to sell my EWQL stuff, this wouldn't even be an issue. But I am stuck with it, plain and simple. Now I know why people hate NFR products. It sucks.

Hopefully, this explains why I'm going through with this.

wagtunes wrote:@Elektronisch

5 years ago, this purchase would have made no sense at all. Why? Because I totally sucked at this and had no desire to get any better. Honest enough.

But something happened a few days back that turned out to be a major milestone in my progression as a musician. I won't bore you with the details. One member here knows what happened because he's the one who got me to get off my ass and do what needed to be done to become a better orchestrator. And that part had nothing to do with what library I use. But my current tools simply stifle creativity because I hate working with the Play engine. It's horrible. So I am essentially starting over. I can justify it because this time I'm willing to put in the work to become a "competent" orchestrator whereas before I was a total hack. Now the purchase makes sense because I will be fully utilizing these tools to the most of their and my potential.

The sacrifice that I'll have to make, which again has nothing to do with money, is putting more time into my orchestrations, which means maybe I don't put out quite as much music in a year as I've been doing. If the quality improves, which I expect it will, then it will be worth it.

Were I able to sell my EWQL stuff, this wouldn't even be an issue. But I am stuck with it, plain and simple. Now I know why people hate NFR products. It sucks.

Hopefully, this explains why I'm going through with this.
Aight, as long as it works for you and you feel confident about this :) good luck! :tu:

I must admit I am getting a certain vicarious pleasure reading this thread.
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - NS Wav5C Electric Cello - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
whitepianos.blogspot.com

puremusic wrote:I must admit I am getting a certain vicarious pleasure reading this thread.
I'm just waiting for July to be over.

Return to “Instruments”