BiP - Bounce in place in Ableton Live 10 out today!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm very glad to let you know that bounce in place in L10 is now a reality, and a simple one-click action thanks to M4L!

https://youtu.be/0Lpu0E0p8xg

Err..., but that's not how bounce-in-place works properly: https://youtu.be/-muxJvmvm8U
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

That's indeed not how bounce-in-place works in Bigwig, which is not how it works in Logic, which is not how it works in Cubase... and which is the best way to fake it with M4L in regard to Live and M4L limitations.
cheers

Crampe wrote:That's indeed not how bounce-in-place works in Bigwig, which is not how it works in Logic, which is not how it works in Cubase... and which is the best way to fake it with M4L in regard to Live and M4L limitations.
cheers
Then it should be called bounce-in-some-other-place :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I really thought it was a feature of Ableton Live, not some Max for Live stuff.

If this bounces to a new track, then how is it "in-place"? Can you explain what's the difference to bouncing to a new track using Lives built-in track sends or inputs?

thecontrolcentre wrote:If this bounces to a new track, then how is it "in-place"? Can you explain what's the difference to bouncing to a new track using Lives built-in track sends or inputs?
It's almost-in-place!
I think I do not totally understand your question about sends.

Crampe wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:If this bounces to a new track, then how is it "in-place"? Can you explain what's the difference to bouncing to a new track using Lives built-in track sends or inputs?
It's almost-in-place!
There is already the option to send or receive audio from any source on every track, so you can bounce from any track to any track. How is PiP different?

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Crampe wrote:
It's almost-in-place!
There is already the option to send or receive audio from any source on every track, so you can bounce from any track to any track. How is PiP different?
I dont think its different, its more like its an automation of a set of several steps down to a one-key action. have a look at around 0.45-0.48 of the video, it details all the steps it does.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I get it ... thanks. :)

whyterabbyt wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Crampe wrote:
It's almost-in-place!
I dont think its different, its more like its an automation of a set of several steps down to a one-key action. have a look at around 0.45-0.48 of the video, it details all the steps it does.
Yep, it's simply automating the steps.

I bought the Pro version, thank you. Is it possible to implement functionality to bypass send effects?

I also bough BiP

Can I use the Maschine Jam Controller/ Encoder to change the length of the Note/step?

Hi i bought it and have a question:

does the bouncing HAVE to be in realtime? because by this, it also records tempo drifts caused by latency

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”