Waves V10 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dble
Last edited by Harry_HH on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I couldn't hear you. Can you repeat that, Harry_HH? :hihi:

F.....ng server.... :x

"The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc."

jsp1979 wrote:I couldn't hear you. Can you repeat that, Harry_HH? :hihi:
:hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Well, I'm still badgering Waves to get Waves Central sorted. I'm fine with everything else as long as I can be sure it won't bugger up my computer, and I'm not sure of that at all. They've said that they will not be doing anything with v9 from here on with Waves Central. At the very least, it should at least LEAVE BLOODY VERSION 9 ALONE if the user does not have a version 10 license for a particular plugin or bundle. That really should not be an impossible coding job.

I appreciate that you can deselect this as an option when launching, I'm just not convinced that ongoing it wouldn't be a problem at some stage - every time a new plugin is bought, there's the potential to screw everything existing up.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:16 pm Well, I'm still badgering Waves to get Waves Central sorted. I'm fine with everything else as long as I can be sure it won't bugger up my computer, and I'm not sure of that at all. They've said that they will not be doing anything with v9 from here on with Waves Central. At the very least, it should at least LEAVE BLOODY VERSION 9 ALONE if the user does not have a version 10 license for a particular plugin or bundle. That really should not be an impossible coding job.

I appreciate that you can deselect this as an option when launching, I'm just not convinced that ongoing it wouldn't be a problem at some stage - every time a new plugin is bought, there's the potential to screw everything existing up.
There is one problem with leaving V9 alone. Although I agree with that statement mostly. If, for whatever reason, a user ends up updating V9 plugin to 10 without updating the rest, maybe they chose to update a bundle out of few, then having V9 and V10 plugins together on the same system will cause issues.

This is a case where you can’t leave it alone. It would be nice if they updated Central to easily spot and handle V9 vs V10 issues.

simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 am
There is one problem with leaving V9 alone. Although I agree with that statement mostly. If, for whatever reason, a user ends up updating V9 plugin to 10 without updating the rest, maybe they chose to update a bundle out of few, then having V9 and V10 plugins together on the same system will cause issues.

This is a case where you can’t leave it alone. It would be nice if they updated Central to easily spot and handle V9 vs V10 issues.
[/quote]

Do you mean to update only some products of a bundle to v10? I don't know you can even do that, unless you have single licenses for some on top of the bundle.

For me its got worse, btw. I had to reinstall my backup machine from scratch, which meant downloading the offline installer for 9.92. It didn't work. Couldn't install a thing, didn't even offer me any products to install, despite pointing the installer at itself, all 3gb of it. I then tried 9.6. and on the third attempt, it did see the products and let me install them. The whole process wasted hours.

What an absolute farce. Their installers are now officially the worst in the business. Not fit for professional use.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:01 am

Do you mean to update only some products of a bundle to v10? I don't know you can even do that, unless you have single licenses for some on top of the bundle.

For me its got worse, btw. I had to reinstall my backup machine from scratch, which meant downloading the offline installer for 9.92. It didn't work. Couldn't install a thing, didn't even offer me any products to install, despite pointing the installer at itself, all 3gb of it. I then tried 9.6. and on the third attempt, it did see the products and let me install them. The whole process wasted hours.

What an absolute farce. Their installers are now officially the worst in the business. Not fit for professional use.
[/quote]

No I meant you might have several bundles and update one, or maybe a several singles as only update a few for some reason. That could cause some issues.

In retrospect though, I don’t know if anyone would actually do this. Since it’s better value upgrading everything at once and selecting that “Only one computer” option so your upgrade pricing gets capped.

I don’t think I fully thought through my statement before posting. Haha!!

Something weird (but good) happened to me. Previously, when opening old DAW sessions with V9 Waves plugins, they weren't working ("could not find Waveshell 9.something" etc) - but I let Waves Central do an update the other night and now they do work, alongside new instances.

Somehow I've dodged all the V9/V10 bugs. I think it was because my harddrive crashed right before V10 came out and I installed all my Waves stuff (mix of V9 and V10) fresh on a new computer. I guess that's the only way to really do it... nuke and rebuild.

But still, Waves should have sussed it all out before pouring it on their customers.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:32 am Something weird (but good) happened to me. Previously, when opening old DAW sessions with V9 Waves plugins, they weren't working ("could not find Waveshell 9.something" etc) - but I let Waves Central do an update the other night and now they do work, alongside new instances.

Somehow I've dodged all the V9/V10 bugs. I think it was because my harddrive crashed right before V10 came out and I installed all my Waves stuff (mix of V9 and V10) fresh on a new computer. I guess that's the only way to really do it... nuke and rebuild.

But still, Waves should have sussed it all out before pouring it on their customers.
That is slightly bizarre.

I mean it's not all bad. Not everyone has had issues with updates, but, clearly, there are those that have. Some of it self inflicted by a lack of understanding, understandable, some of it rests squarely on the shoulders of Waves and their installation procedure.

It is what it is. As stressful as it is, stressing about it won't change the nature of anything, it won't fix issues. It will only cloud our ability for rational thought and make effective judgment calls.

If possible its best not to fall into the stress of it.

bizarre
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”