8DIO - My experience

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

brainzistor wrote:
Well, guess what snowflakes, go into music store and buy guitar for $150-200 and you will need:
1. to change strings
2. to set up the action, lower down strings or raise them up, but in 99% of all cases you need to lower them down
3. tuners are bad, you'll need to change them
if and IF you want that guitar to properly work. You bought brand new guitar for $150 and it's not working properly, it needs tweaking. Even if you buy guitar for $1000, that guitar needs tweaking too.

Maybe, maybe not. What you wouldn't expect to have to do is start having to cut big lumps out of the body for it to work.

topaz wrote:I noticed they have just pushed out ostinato strings and are really labouring how great they are at short fast strings, it would be like rubbing salt in the wounds if they also didn't also have sloppy timing like the others.
True, that sounds unprofessional actually, they didn't fix their previous releases, and yes as other members mentioned earlier, that lagging issue it's due to KSP scripting, it could be optimized a lot, and if the variables are too many, making the KSP pauses to process each in a row, then it's better to shrink the sample zones/key swtiches / and adjust the mapping..

Making it playable is way better than making it detailed in articulations...

Anyhow, I'd contact them again, giving some report (by email), and demand for a free copy of their new strings library... After all it's not wrong thing to do, and it's not your fault.

indeed, I have messaged them. lets see what they say.

thanks for your support ;-)
phreaque wrote:
topaz wrote:I noticed they have just pushed out ostinato strings and are really labouring how great they are at short fast strings, it would be like rubbing salt in the wounds if they also didn't also have sloppy timing like the others.
True, that sounds unprofessional actually, they didn't fix their previous releases, and yes as other members mentioned earlier, that lagging issue it's due to KSP scripting, it could be optimized a lot, and if the variables are too many, making the KSP pauses to process each in a row, then it's better to shrink the sample zones/key swtiches / and adjust the mapping..

Making it playable is way better than making it detailed in articulations...

Anyhow, I'd contact them again, giving some report (by email), and demand for a free copy of their new strings library... After all it's not wrong thing to do, and it's not your fault.

Yeah is there a chance (like UVIs and Chris Hein's huge libraries) they could just get fixed via updates if the error is flagged to them ?

topaz wrote:indeed, I have messaged them. lets see what they say.

No worries mate, I've been into such things before, and as long as the manufacturer/developer cares about business, things will be solved...
I recall there were like a couple of ToneHammer libraries that been updated/upgraded in that time, they just got shrunk in size to improve incoming midi response. So yeah there's good chance that 8Dio can do that again, especially that they got involved with H/W synth making. :tu:

donkey tugger wrote:
brainzistor wrote:
Well, guess what snowflakes, go into music store and buy guitar for $150-200 and you will need:
1. to change strings
2. to set up the action, lower down strings or raise them up, but in 99% of all cases you need to lower them down
if and IF you want that guitar to properly work. You bought brand new guitar for $150 and it's not working properly, it needs tweaking. Even if you buy guitar for $1000, that guitar needs tweaking too.

Maybe, maybe not. What you wouldn't expect to have to do is start having to cut big lumps out of the body for it to work.
Nah pick up any guitar that aint busted and have em plek it. Costs like 200 to do it. Less than a half hour no fuss you can play it smooth. Tone will still be shit but at least its consistent. Cant do that to a choir lib... cant even edit the samples yourself cus they got that shit locked down...

Like imagine you pick up a new guitar and you somehow aint allowed to change the tuning pegs or grind down the frets. Store owners like... nah sorry man you gotta deal with it so like use your gear to work round the probs... pedals and amps gonna change how it sounds anyway... nah man no refunds ahahahaha

The issue here is the scripts and the scripts are locked. a bit like someone welded the machine heads shut on a geetar. :-(

Armagibbon wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:
brainzistor wrote:
1. to change strings

Nah pick up any guitar that aint busted and have em plek it. Costs like 200 to do it. Less than a half hour no fuss you can play it smooth. Tone will still be shit but at least its consistent. Cant do that to a choir lib... cant even edit the samples yourself cus they got that shit locked down...

Like imagine you pick up a new guitar and you somehow aint allowed to change the tuning pegs or grind down the frets. Store owners like... nah sorry man you gotta deal with it so like use your gear to work round the probs... pedals and amps gonna change how it sounds anyway... nah man no refunds ahahahaha

I love the sweet naivete of "If we show 8dio, surely they'll fix it." 8dio isn't Orange Tree Samples. If they fix it (which I wouldn't bet on), it'll be a while and you'll have to pay an upgrade price for it because it'll be either v.2 or a whole new product.

There's a reason some companies have the reputation they have. When Tonehammer split, Soundiron got the attentive, customer-centric employees.

If you purchased a new guitar and the active circuit had dry joints and poor earthing would you open it up and start to hack away yourself or go back to the supplier and ask for a replacement or fix ?

We all know the true answer to that even if you won't admit it.

brainzistor wrote:
topaz wrote: Cellos , programm a fast 16th ostinato.
By the way it’s acknowledged by 8DIO. I made a YouTube video to demonstrate.
Compared to Hollywood strings they are utter rubbish when it comes to fast passages.
What these 2 people have in common?
Both are completely clueless about working in Kontakt.

One sample is playing out of time? Big deal, go into Mapping Editor in Kontakt, find sample, go into Wave Editor and nudge to the right starting point for that sample, test it, if it's fine, overwrite the f...ing preset. Rocket science? I don't think so.

Nielzie wrote: I might be wrong, but aside from the technical discussion of imperfections in sample libraries, I think the main problem for the OP was that the developer said that they had another library that would suit the user better, but that they where not supportive enough to let him exchange the license to that other library for free.
Well I would not say you are wrong Nielzie, not at all. My main problem with 8Dio is not the imperfections, but the fact that they are totally unwilling to make amends. A free exchange to another product would have been fair and normal for any other products, but the sad fact is that they did not even try to placate me with even the tiniest discount. Nada, nothing...

brainzistor wrote:

The rant is over, bye.
I didn't quote all the flaming but I hope these words are true, or I'll ensure they are.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

phreaque wrote: Anyhow, I'd contact them again, giving some report (by email), and demand for a free copy of their new strings library... After all it's not wrong thing to do, and it's not your fault.
Good luck. I hope you get something, but I fear it will not happen.

Yea I hear that. But man... for a real guitar like a gift from the heavens? Yea it aint goin back. Gonna pay to have it worked or do it myself. Still like you said the big prob with the kontakt libs is we aint even allowed to fix the shit if its busted...
topaz wrote:If you purchased a new guitar and the active circuit had dry joints and poor earthing would you open it up and start to hack away yourself or go back to the supplier and ask for a replacement or fix ?

We all know the true answer to that even if you won't admit it.

brainzistor wrote:
topaz wrote: Cellos , programm a fast 16th ostinato.
By the way it’s acknowledged by 8DIO. I made a YouTube video to demonstrate.
Compared to Hollywood strings they are utter rubbish when it comes to fast passages.
What these 2 people have in common?
Both are completely clueless about working in Kontakt.

One sample is playing out of time? Big deal, go into Mapping Editor in Kontakt, find sample, go into Wave Editor and nudge to the right starting point for that sample, test it, if it's fine, overwrite the f...ing preset. Rocket science? I don't think so.

topaz wrote:indeed, I have messaged them. lets see what they say.

So how is it going? I fear that consolation from this group is all the support you are getting, but please let us know how it unfolds.

Anyone else getting PM's from Brainzistor?

I really doubt Hink's warning about personal attacks meant that you should carry them out in a PM.

Anyway I've responded there, but if you want to refute a known problem in the thread even after a video reproduced the problem then this is the place to do it.

Thanks

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”