---

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These are absolutely brilliant.

jasco wrote:2.0.2 (R2) Windows 10 64bit, I tried Studio One, FL Studio and Sonar.
Thanks - the only one of those I have tried it in is S1 3.5 but on Mac obviously. I wonder if this is a Win graphics card thing like with Replika?

They all work great for me in KK. Pls report to NI, this is early days but I have found them super stable so if there are crashes they are edge cases that should be reported.

aMUSEd wrote:
jasco wrote:2.0.2 (R2) Windows 10 64bit, I tried Studio One, FL Studio and Sonar.
Thanks - the only one of those I have tried it in is S1 3.5 but on Mac obviously. I wonder if this is a Win graphics card thing like with Replika?

They all work great for me in KK. Pls report to NI, this is early days but I have found them super stable so if there are crashes they are edge cases that should be reported.
I have opened a ticket. I have no problems with the other Mod Pack plugins nor did I with Replika previously, but who knows.....

Cinebient wrote:The N.I. FX are all pretty good and they really did nice modern GUI´s compared to others.
As owner of the free Phasis i could now upgrade to the modpack for just €24.50 and then i could crossgrade to the crushpack for €49.
So for €73.50 i could get both packs. Nice deal.
But not sure if i really need it or if it anyway will be included all in Komplete 12 (but maybe just in Ultimate).
Thanks for the idea - just went the same way. I'd been eyeing the upgrade on the original pack for a while.

I have a lot of distortion & saturation plugins & I have Decimort which I love for bitcrushing. So the one I'm mainly interested in is Freak, I'm not aware of anything that does quite what this does. Not really sure whether I want to spend £44 for Freak, although it is really good :) Trying to resist GAS - LOL

virtualpt wrote:I have a lot of distortion & saturation plugins & I have Decimort which I love for bitcrushing. So the one I'm mainly interested in is Freak, I'm not aware of anything that does quite what this does. Not really sure whether I want to spend £44 for Freak, although it is really good :) Trying to resist GAS - LOL
:lol: Very hard to resist GAS on this one. Freak is quite unusual. Perhaps a little like Echobode. But I do like the radio setting - presets on that really show off the potential. NI has excelled in the effects department of late, starting for me with Replika XT.

When I saw the news, I thought “ok, just another distortion suite”, but the audio demo of Freak are interesting, I may consider this pack (along with the mod pack, which was already in my list for this month) just for that fx.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

This is how to design a GUI they look so fresh very fun to work with they are all good but Freak is something I don't have already. I Really like what I can get out of Freak.

These are pretty excellent. I might wait a few days as I bought the mod pack upgrade while looking at them.
Which was my 3rd, $30-ish plugins purchase today. Lotta stuff coming out, gonna be a tough month for GAS.

Do we reckon:

a) That the mod and crush packs will be in standard or ultimate?

b) That the crossgrade will drop by 50% in the next sale or two?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:
lnikj wrote:Do we reckon:

a) That the mod and crush packs will be in standard or ultimate?

b) That the crossgrade will drop by 50% in the next sale or two?
a) According to the leaks, the Mod Pack will be included in both, while the Crush Pack will only be in Ultimate.

b) Probably, yes.
For the cheapskate (ie me) who upgrades Komplete (not Ultimate) every 2-3 releases, it would seem marginally better to pick up the Mod Pack for £22 now and wait 6 months to a year for the Crush Pack upgrade at the same price.

I like how accurately they chose names/initials for the plugins, both from the modpack and crushpack :hihi:
I got the modpack discounted upgrade a couple weeks ago... currently demoing the new one.

I can only say good things about how they sound and usability-wise, although they're overall way heavier on the CPU than my other fx plugins in the same categories.

Hi KVR! I worked on the DSP for Crush Pack (and Mod Pack, Replika/XT, Blocks etc...). Just thought I'd pop in here and make myself available. If you've got any questions about the design, DSP or sound, I'm happy to pitch in!

Hope you're all enjoying Crush Pack! It's great to finally have these out in the real world :party:

@jasco - sorry to hear about your issue. We can't repro it here yet, but we're looking at it.

Return to “Effects”