Fuse Audio Labs releases the VCL-373 Vintage Compressor/Limiter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCL-373 Vintage Compressor/Limiter

Fuse Audio Labs presents the VCL-373 Vintage Compressor/Limiter Plugin

Available for Mac OS and Windows in AAX, AU, VST2.4 and VST3 in 32 and 64 bits.

ON SALE FOR $29 USD UNTIL JULY 15TH! (REGULAR $59 USD)

ABOUT THE VCL-373

The VCL-373 is a recreation of an early 60s broadcasting limiter/compressor that eventually found its way into many mastering studios. 1963 marks a technological shift in that the famous diode-bridge based gain reduction stage was replaced by a transistor-based circuit that allowed for less THD and more reliable control voltage tracking.

The plugin includes a faithful emulation of the audio transformers, the crucial feedback compression circuitry as well as the discrete class A make-up amplifier. Some convenient features including a continuous drive control, gain compensation, GR metering and a dry/wet mix have been added in the digital domain.

Download your fully functional 14-day trial here: https://fuseaudiolabs.de#vcl373

TRIALS AND PLUGIN ACTIVATION

You can test our plugins without any restrictions for 14 days. Simply click the "Activate Trial" button in the plug-in GUI after the installation to start your trial period. To activate your full license you can purchase a product activation key on our website. The activation key will be sent to you by email once the payment process has been completed, successfully. Click "Activate plug-in..." in the plug-in GUI or the drop down menu below, enter your email and product activation key and hit the "Activate" button to proceed.

FAQS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found under the following link on our website

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#faq

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#support

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs

WOW!
onto it :)

love your work!

This is a mighty fine compressor! Love it.
It's easy if you know how

Compressor mode is gorgeous, tight, big, great saturation, no troubles with sibilants even with extreme GR. congratulation

yeah, tight and i dig the saturation also.
it might end up surgically attached to my snare drums :D

thanks heaps for the month long intro period too Ray

fuseaudiolabs wrote:Fuse Audio Labs presents the VCL-373 Vintage Compressor/Limiter Plugin

Available for Mac OS and Windows in AAX, AU, VST2.4 and VST3 in 32 and 64 bits.

ON SALE FOR $29 USD UNTIL JULY 15TH! (REGULAR $59 USD)

ABOUT THE VCL-373

The VCL-373 is a recreation of an early 60s broadcasting limiter/compressor that eventually found its way into many mastering studios. 1963 marks a technological shift in that the famous diode-bridge based gain reduction stage was replaced by a transistor-based circuit that allowed for less THD and more reliable control voltage tracking.

The plugin includes a faithful emulation of the audio transformers, the crucial feedback compression circuitry as well as the discrete class A make-up amplifier. Some convenient features including a continuous drive control, gain compensation, GR metering and a dry/wet mix have been added in the digital domain.

Download your fully functional 14-day trial here: https://fuseaudiolabs.de#vcl373

TRIALS AND PLUGIN ACTIVATION

You can test our plugins without any restrictions for 14 days. Simply click the "Activate Trial" button in the plug-in GUI after the installation to start your trial period. To activate your full license you can purchase a product activation key on our website. The activation key will be sent to you by email once the payment process has been completed, successfully. Click "Activate plug-in..." in the plug-in GUI or the drop down menu below, enter your email and product activation key and hit the "Activate" button to proceed.

FAQS AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT

An overview of Frequently Asked Questions can be found under the following link on our website

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#faq

Our tech support can be reached via the following link

https://fuseaudiolabs.de/#support

Best,
Ray | Fuse Audio Labs
A few questions if I may:
1. Can you/ are you planning to include an auto gain feature (input and output volumes are the same).

2. Can you/ are you planning to include an auto release?

3. Can we enter parameter values manually? I haven't been able to do this in the demo so far...

axb312 wrote:A few questions if I may:
1. Can you/ are you planning to include an auto gain feature (input and output volumes are the same).

3. Can we enter parameter values manually? I haven't been able to do this in the demo so far...
Hi axb312,

1. A gain compensation for both the limiter as well as the compressor mode is already included.

2. The 3 longer release times marked in red essentially are what is often referred to as auto release / program dependent.

Please check the manual for further details regarding 1.+2., you can open it from the drop down menu below the plugin GUI.

3. The only way to manually enter values is to resort to the generic plugin editor (e.g. available in Cubase or Logic). You can, however, get better control of the values you dial in by using the shift modifier and/or your mouse wheel. Again, please refer to the manual for more details.

Hope that helps :phones:

Best,
Ray

Just bought. Another great release. Love these types of dynamics processors that are a bit more off the beaten path (would love to see an Altec 436B or Pye). Put it on a drum bus and across a mix and liked what I heard. At this price, it's a complete no-brainer.

One suggestion: this UI borders on small even at 110% over here, so I wouldn't mind seeing a wider range of GUI sizes. Especially since the difference between 100% and 110% is very tiny IMO. I think 130% and I'd be very happy with the size. Maybe even shoot for 20% increments over 10%.

Also not a big deal but the Release knob rotation looks weird here. It looks like as the indicator moves towards the right, that the rest of the knob is turning in the opposite direction. Probably just an optical illusion due to the indented knob and stepped behavior, but just looks funny to me.

Great job Ray!

Drive goes up to +24, it would be, if nothing else, logical for Trim to go -24.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote:Drive goes up to +24, it would be, if nothing else, logical for Trim to go -24.
The drive is already compensated for internally.

fuseaudiolabs wrote:
axb312 wrote:A few questions if I may:

Hi axb312,

1. A gain compensation for both the limiter as well as the compressor mode is already included.

2. The 3 longer release times marked in red essentially are what is often referred to as auto release / program dependent.

Please check the manual for further details regarding 1.+2., you can open it from the drop down menu below the plugin GUI.

3. The only way to manually enter values is to resort to the generic plugin editor (e.g. available in Cubase or Logic). You can, however, get better control of the values you dial in by using the shift modifier and/or your mouse wheel. Again, please refer to the manual for more details.

Hope that helps :phones:

Best,
Ray
Hi Ray ,

I'm not sure the gain compensation is working quite as intended then. Or is this the intended workflow?
1. Turn up drive to compress the signal more.
2. Compensate drive/ input gain with trim.

Are you planning an update which will allow manual value entry (for input gain)...how about a preset manager?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote:Drive goes up to +24, it would be, if nothing else, logical for Trim to go -24.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly, at least with my gain-staging.

In practice, I'm able to crank up the drive +10, or +14, or +24db and only get about 1 or 2db's of actual apparent loudness added that the Trim knob can easily compensate for. All of this seems entirely within the realm of reasonable gain compensation IMO and is probably the result of the non-linearities in the circuit if I had to guess.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote:Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly, at least with my gain-staging.
Check out the manual, the limiter is always active.
It's easy if you know how

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly, at least with my gain-staging.
Please check the manual for more details (it's mentioned in the "the controls" section under the trim paragraph). The gain compensation in the compressor mode can't work perfectly for all types of signals and/or settings, which is a natural fact. It should give you a good starting point, however, as opposed to what you would hear without any compensation at all. Given the built in gain correction law, -12dB..+12dB trim is enough to cover the correction range required to level match your signals.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Effects”