Regroover question

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
194 posts since 6 Mar, 2005 from Toronto

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:00 am

Hi everyone. I just downloaded regroover essential free as part of a studio one offer. I can import a drum loop in there but then what? I'm not sure what Essential does. The website clearly spells out what pro does. Why does Essential exist at $99? I don't see any functionality. For example I want to split my loops and then export the parts out as individual midi files. Can I do this in Essential? If not what can I do?

KVRist
74 posts since 1 Jul, 2009 from New York

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:14 am

KVRAF
6379 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 am

regroover essential doesn't do very much at all and fore me the window was to small to really see what was going on (no resize, useless in S1 on a 4K) - clever software for splitting it out (I guess you can see it works) and the upgrade is about 120 bucks so well discounted to the 'useful' version!
PC, BWS, Live and Studio One, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, MPC Live, A4 and RYTM, PT, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses

KVRAF
3459 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:41 am

1. Check out the video tuts
2. Try many different sounds
3. Play with Analysis parameters
I think its a great instrument! :clap:

KVRian
1079 posts since 24 Jul, 2018

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:48 am

Regroover Essentials is this months free with purchase Plugin Boutique offer (Can we just appreciate how amazingly generous PIB is too lately, wow)
This looks like even in the essential version a rather groundbreaking software especially with todays loop dominated music scene.

https://youtu.be/WS-AqWugp48

KVRian
907 posts since 31 May, 2017

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:02 am

That's weird timing. Accusonus just had a big sale on the pro version and upgrade last month.
In contrast to the OP, I feel like the essential version is great and don't see much use for upgrading really. With essential you can load an audio file and it is automatically split into 4 layers which you can then trigger via midi notes. You can easily change start and end loop points and I think there are some limited fx you can add. The pro version adds two more layers (which is nice but not essential { :) }). You can also save your kits but for me I'll just do that on a per project basis within my DAW. There's something else about being able to add an extra drumkit via a drum pad editor or something. That's another thing I can just do with another plugin within my DAW.

My only gripe with both versions is that you can only import WAV/AIF of 30 seconds or less. Which wouldn't be a bad limitation in practice if it could be automatically converted on import. At least the time restriction. If only it could just chop your file off at 30 seconds that would be fine but the way it is now you have to preprocess your audio elsewhere if it doesn't meet these requirements. That just makes experimentation (which for me is what this is all about) more tedious.

Return to “Instruments”