[announce] VeeSeeVST Rack VST2 plugin

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VCV Rack

This is such a stellar ongoing work! :eek: :hail:

Thank you very much, bsp804! :) :tu: :hug:

bsp804 wrote:
  • As the name suggests, Obxd_VCF is a port of the OB-Xd filter module.
    • the UI is merely a prototype. Can anyone here help me out with the graphics ? (i.e. replace the "vst2_bin/plugins/bsp/res/Obxd_VCF.svg" file ?)
Hi, i tried something in Gimp & Inkscape.
But my end result wont show up in the module itself in VSV.
I have no idea how to correctly embed the png background in the SVG file.
I tried it, but maybe you know how?

here is a png file including the text. the one i embedded in the svg file was without the text, the text was edited in the original file.
Obxd_VCF.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

Looks nice. GJ ! :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

As far as I can tell VCV doesn’t support rasterised layers in svg files.
So if you want stripes you’ll have to do them as rectangles etc, unfortunately.

FastTriggerFish wrote:As far as I can tell VCV doesn’t support rasterised layers in svg files.
So if you want stripes you’ll have to do them as rectangles etc, unfortunately.
You can embed PNG files in the svg that the modules use.
Take a look at Omri psychedelic blank plates.
[*] sound is unfrozen geometry [*]
https://www.youtube.com/c/Eurikon/videos

Oh ok Interesting, since rasterised layers from affinity designer are always ignored.

bionrg wrote:
bsp804 wrote:
  • As the name suggests, Obxd_VCF is a port of the OB-Xd filter module.
    • the UI is merely a prototype. Can anyone here help me out with the graphics ? (i.e. replace the "vst2_bin/plugins/bsp/res/Obxd_VCF.svg" file ?)
Hi, i tried something in Gimp & Inkscape.
But my end result wont show up in the module itself in VSV.
I have no idea how to correctly embed the png background in the SVG file.
I tried it, but maybe you know how?

here is a png file including the text. the one i embedded in the svg file was without the text, the text was edited in the original file.
Obxd_VCF.png
very nice! that's pretty much how I pictured it (with the Oberheim-ish stripes and all).
If you manage to create an SVG version of it, I'll include it in the next release! (but without the "bsp" logo, please ;))

Re: your question: It is possible to embed images (via base64 encoded data) but I have no idea how to edit this with Inkscape. Besides, it's probably better to not use images at all, like FastTriggerFish mentioned. They'll probably look blurry when zoomed in (?!).

Changelog:

Code: Select all

** August 26th, 2018
- fix: don't trash VST host GL context when loading .vcv patches via the plugin UI
- fix: failed assertion when restoring dynamically loaded module state (program chunk)
- add module bsp.Sway
- update module LindenbergResearch.Westcast (preview)
- add module LindenbergResearch.QuickMix (preview)
  • The new "Sway" module is some kind of slew-filtered noise generator, designed for subtle control voltage fluctuations
  • The first two knobs ("time") set the min and max time (up to 60sec)
  • The next two knobs ("amp") set the min and max amplification (-1..1)
  • The last two knobs ("s + o") control the final scaling (amplification, -5..5), and offset (-5..5)

Here's a demo video with an example patch that uses the module to modulate the delay times of 8 Fundamental.Delay modules to create a chorus / reverb like effect:

https://vimeo.com/286758857

veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win64_bin-26Aug2018.7z
veeseevstrack_0_6_1_win32_bin-26Aug2018.7z

Bsp nice example, thanks.

Have two questions
- it is possible to start (trigg) sound without "note on" command ? (belated question :lol: )
- there is module "Audio" for audio output (what i see in vcv two templates inside archive), so, this is main audio output module ? But where it can be found in list ? (sorry for newbie questions)

Regarding first question - for examle, i have two module - "[GEN] Noise" from RjModules and Audio ouput, so, i connect noise out to audio input, but no sound. And sound starts only after press note in daw pianoroll.
Please do not say that it works only via such way :D

c_voltage wrote:- it is possible to start (trigg) sound without "note on" command ?
Yes but if you want to create a self-playing patch (e.g. trigger notes via a sequencer module), you have to turn off the idle detection by setting the "Idle Mode" to "Always Active" (click the "z" icon in the toolbar menu).
c_voltage wrote:- there is module "Audio" for audio output (what i see in vcv two templates inside archive), so, this is main audio output module ? But where it can be found in list ?
Yes, that's the audio i/o module and it's part of the "Core" module package. You can find it in the module browser by searching for "audio" (it's the first result in the Modules category). To search (filter) the list, simply start typing.

bsp804 wrote:
c_voltage wrote:- it is possible to start (trigg) sound without "note on" command ?
Yes but if you want to create a self-playing patch (e.g. trigger notes via a sequencer module), you have to turn off the idle detection by setting the "Idle Mode" to "Always Active" (click the "z" icon in the toolbar menu).
c_voltage wrote:- there is module "Audio" for audio output (what i see in vcv two templates inside archive), so, this is main audio output module ? But where it can be found in list ?
Yes, that's the audio i/o module and it's part of the "Core" module package. You can find it in the module browser by searching for "audio" (it's the first result in the Modules category). To search (filter) the list, simply start typing.
Thank for reply Bsp, tried, really all works as properly.
(Damn, why single noise generator eat so much cpu, about 25% to one core :cry: )

c_voltage wrote:(Damn, why single noise generator eat so much cpu, about 25% to one core :cry: )
What CPU is it and which exact module ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

2 Mutant cpu old, intel core 2 quad Q9505 (2.83GHz), but cmon it's just noise generator. I already wrote about model - called as "[GEN] Noise" in list, author RjModules. (Ok tried again, about 23% to core)

c_voltage wrote:2 Mutant cpu old, intel core 2 quad Q9505 (2.83GHz), but cmon it's just noise generator. I already wrote about model - called as "[GEN] Noise" in list, author RjModules. (Ok tried again, about 23% to core)

Oh, thats not good then.
I use a different module for noise, but it is just white there with no controls, so you need to use other modules to shape it.
"Mutable Instruments Utilities"
Maybe it will be lower CPU than the one you linked.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote: Oh, thats not good then.
I use a different module for noise, but it is just white there with no controls, so you need to use other modules to shape it.
"Mutable Instruments Utilities"
Maybe it will be lower CPU than the one you linked.
Hm, i enter "mutable" word in search in list, this is even not founds anything (version latest, from 26aug) :?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”