Moon-moth — Dark Ambient Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road Reverb Plates Colour Copy Protoverb Repro TDR Limiter 6 GE TDR Nova GE TDR slickEQ M

https://soundcloud.com/john-fraser-15/moon-moth

I've never actually made something like this, before.

Feel free to mention any parts of the mix or eq or anything that you think need work. This is all a bit out of my league and I need all the help I can get.
Last edited by sleepcircle on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 9

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Sufficiently creepy sounding intro. Liking where this is going. It's different. Interested in what you used to create this thing. Not bad at all for what it is.

My Feedback

Music - 99
Instruments - 1025
Performance - 70
Mix - 1000000000

Overall - 1,000,001,185

Comments: Something is about to happen or has already happened. :? Sounds like high quality film scene music.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Suitably mysterious and sci-fi. Makes you wonder what is going to come out the mist that is rolling along the plains.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Really enjoyed this. Very well put together. Love the teasing with the airy pads (would of liked more). Certainly a creepy sci-fi score. I wont comment on the mix,I will leave that for better ears. Fantastic work though! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

@jethrobull
please feel free to comment on the mix! if anything bothers you, i'd like to know.

also, how much more of the high pad did you want? any particular place? should i have just made the song a little longer to give it a little more time? feel free to elaborate.

@wagtunes
What do you mean? Like… instruments? Or effects, or what.

The instrument was an instance of repro-5, and some Mellotron Combined Choir samples I stitched together in the DAW. Everything else was stuff I recorded and forced through a delay plugin I'm beta-ing—Colour Copy by u-he. There were a lot of feed-back loops and distortions though; i mis-used the plugin a lot as opposed to just making straight delay effects.

sleepcircle wrote:@jethrobull
please feel free to comment on the mix! if anything bothers you, i'd like to know.

also, how much more of the high pad did you want? any particular place? should i have just made the song a little longer to give it a little more time? feel free to elaborate.

@wagtunes
What do you mean? Like… instruments? Or effects, or what.

The instrument was an instance of repro-5, and some Mellotron Combined Choir samples I stitched together in the DAW. Everything else was stuff I recorded and forced through a delay plugin I'm beta-ing—Colour Copy by u-he. There were a lot of feed-back loops and distortions though; i mis-used the plugin a lot as opposed to just making straight delay effects.
Instruments is how I felt the instruments sounded. How interesting the sounds were. Did they excite me? Did I find them dull. Maybe I should call it sounds so that people don't scratch their heads wondering what I'm talking about.

sorry for the confusion—i figured that's what you meant by instruments—I was just wondering what specifically you were asking about, when you said you were "interested in what i used"

sleepcircle wrote:sorry for the confusion—i figured that's what you meant by instruments—I was just wondering what specifically you were asking about, when you said you were "interested in what i used"
Oh yeah, I was curious what synths you used on the track.

I agree with Aloysius. This would definitely work as part of a movie soundtrack. Probably best in a SciFi/Horror setting, due to it's dramatic/dark atmosphere, but not exclusively restricted to those genres.

Good work :)

Well put together soundtrack effects creating an interesting atmosphere. I wouldn’t exactly call it ambient music in the formal sence but it’s not noise either.

Fastlanephil Really? That's interesting; how is it different?—I mean, what's the distinction?

This was an interesting listen, for some reason I felt it was a bit too long and before the bubbling effects came in, had already felt they were already there. I have to say well done :tu: will listen again on headphones to get a fuller feel :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Would be nice for a scifi-horror score :) The growling noises (made by actual human vocal cords?) in the first 1:30 were to me mildly revolting, triggered a nice response.

Return to “Music Cafe”