Why Are Some Lefties Playing Guitars Right-handedly?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am a classical guitarist who started playing at the age of 11 (36 years ago). I am also a leftie. I have never thought twice about playing a "rightie" guitar. I don't think it has ever been more or less of a challenge than it would have been playing a "leftie" guitar.

In college I did briefly experiment with playing a leftie classical guitar, but I guess it was too late. (Plus I had long nails on my right hand which made it a bit of a PITA).
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Because they don't have left hands?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

to hide the fact that they are mutants?

I think we play the instrument in development based on our favoritism. While I'm sure there are reverse ordered keyboards available for a very high price no one learns piano on a left handed piano. Some lefties may seek out material of other lefties but as a pianist in the classical realm you need to be well aquainted with compositions from both lefties and righties.

One of the easiest things that ever came to me was melodic tapping all right hand. I use tapping in chord melody jazz arrangements all the time. These are my arrangements. When I moved on to playing the ztar I noticed that while I could easily handle everything left hand tapped (over) I could not develop strong right hand rhythmic tapping. It wasn't even near close. (do to with armature)

Eventually I moved on to the linnstrument.
The right hand work was fine and easy to adapt to. The left hand was easy to develop for speed and control in dynamics (velocity, x,y , afterpressure) however it was near unbearable at simple scaling and chord formation. Everything was upside down and backwards to all the left hand muscle memory I'd had before. I like a challenge so I focused on developing my left hand skills which still aren't on par with my right hand. Nonetheless while I can claim some mastery over the Jeff Moen method
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlnlt0Pp42c

It's not a direction I want to go in. I'll often reverse the hands as while single note soloing and basslines I can perform proficiently with either hand, Chords, full chords, extended chords come much much easier to my right hand. The linnstrument I had broke down on me and I'm trying to work out similar constructs with two LaunchPad Pro's. So I think that we make our decisions and then our decisions make us.

I won't lie, it's work to develop two hand proficency on an isomorphic layout. But I've seen progress in my abilities which is why I continue onward to my goal of bi-dexterity.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I don't think there is any such thing as right- or left-handed compositions.

Right now I'm using my right hand at the computer keyboard and track pad, and entering notes with the left hand. I'm no keyboardist, and there's no call for doing more at the moment (it's all single lines). But this task is perhaps one of these I am not particularly 'handed'. Writing is; guitaring is right-handed here. I'm oriented to the computer right-handed, like writing. I don't know what it's like for me to start off with a left-handed guitar but it seems right-hand oriented to me, like writing. The upside down-ness of stringing a guitar lefty would be something I could overcome I think but not the roles. I'm old, nb. Also, too, playing minimoog bass I'm going to play notes left and tweak right. So it's just mixed-up here, like my father wondering which hand to throw the basketball to the hoop with.

I wouldn't say anything about the next person, or 'we'; I take people as total individuals here.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”