Cubase 10?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kevin63101 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm My happy news:
Cubase 10 works on Win 7 64 bit!!
there should be no reasons for it not too. The System Requisites clearly state that Windows 7 is still supported.
Fernando (FMR)

Kevin63101 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 pm
killmaster wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:26 pm I have a 9->9.5 update that I haven't activated yet. Is it true that if I activate it today I'll get a Cubase 10 activation? I just want to make sure there is a "grace period" in effect and not do it wrong...
True ... I'll be activating my 9.5 now. (Did the same with prior versions / grace periods).

My happy news:
Cubase 10 works on Win 7 64 bit!!
Thanks! and yay! it did actually work. I thought it was too good to be true!

3.25 GB of 21.09GB - going to be a while...

never mind
Last edited by midi_transmission on Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

O no, I didn't uninstall Cubase 9 before installing Cubase 10. Will this be a problem in any way? I'd love to remove Cubase 9 at this point. Anyone know how I can do this and not disturb my Cubase 10 install?

OK- I updated to check it out :D

My initial thoughts (only after half an hour for what its worth) are mainly about how it looks, haven't tried it for performance etc.

Its very similar to 9.5, on my PC with a 4K monitor I would say it looks slightly worse (certainly no better) than 9.5, big fonts, tiny fonts, new style black menus with radio buttons, old style windows 95 style menus! Work in progress- pick a font size and type and one menu style please guys!!

Steinberg plugs like are too small to use on 4K and I cant find resize (still digging, I though I read that was a feature?). I turned of HDPI mode on the plug but it didn't seem to do anything.

Still hate the top light bar (no real full screen) still find the whole layout and iconography a bit confusing- so much going on (but some people like that I guess).

I like the new drag and drop and VST snapshot, that's well implemented (but Studio One has had that for a long time, so that seems to be catch up from Steiny)

I am hoping performance and some of the other features are real improvements, as on my screen the GUI certainly isn't any better. I guess I was expecting more for a '10' release, but I guess that's dumb, ultimately its just a 0.5 release from 9.5!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:57 pm OK- I updated to check it out :D

My initial thoughts (only after half an hour for what its worth) are mainly about how it looks, haven't tried it for performance etc.

Its very similar to 9.5, on my PC with a 4K monitor I would say it looks slightly worse (certainly no better) than 9.5, big fonts, tiny fonts, new style black menus with radio buttons, old style windows 95 style menus! Work in progress- pick a font size and type and one menu style please guys!!

Steinberg plugs like are too small to use on 4K and I cant find resize (still digging, I though I read that was a feature?). I turned of HDPI mode on the plug but it didn't seem to do anything.

Still hate the top light bar (no real full screen) still find the whole layout and iconography a bit confusing- so much going on (but some people like that I guess).

I like the new drag and drop and VST snapshot, that's well implemented (but Studio One has had that for a long time, so that seems to be catch up from Steiny)

I am hoping performance and some of the other features are real improvements, as on my screen the GUI certainly isn't any better. I guess I was expecting more for a '10' release, but I guess that's dumb, ultimately its just a 0.5 release from 9.5!

You're kidding? So what exactly has hidpi support? If it doesn't look any better than 9.5? ..........

Someone at Cubase has been looking at Reason!

Grum.

Grumbleweed wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:04 pm Someone at Cubase has been looking at Reason!

Grum.
?

Robert Randolph wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:14 pm
Grumbleweed wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:04 pm Someone at Cubase has been looking at Reason!

Grum.
?
maybe the photo snapshot of plugin guis?
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:18 pm
Robert Randolph wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Grum.
?
maybe the photo snapshot of plugin guis?
I guess, but this sort of thing has been around since before Reason's browser...

The mini plugin GUIs and the ability to take a snapshot of a plugin that doesn't have one for starters.

Grum.

Grumbleweed wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:22 pm The mini plugin GUIs and the ability to take a snapshot of a plugin that doesn't have one for starters.

Grum.
I think that's less about looking at Reason and more about trying to find ways to make media bay more appealing to people. It's clearly a logical path when you have the media bay with the plugins to begin with, especially when the layout is like it is in Cubase (rather than just a huge list of names). Still not sure why would I want to use it, but I guess i'll have to test it

Check this out.https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... Windows-10
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Do you mean that Retrologue and PadShop are still the same size?! So the OSX update is better than Windows! They should make it identical! What a disappointment!

It's better to wait then IMO till they do it fine in Windows (equal to OSX).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”