Filters of Mass Destruction - audio demos

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does the license allow me to blow something up with this?

yes.

:hyper:

Guess that means Sean/ValhallaDSP will have to get a move on with his delay plugin. You have now given the fanatic fanbase the means to do more than 'just' torture puppies.

So have to thank you for this great plugin for more than one reason...as a general filter lover, delay junkie and a cat lover...I guess.

Well what can I say, this thing sounds absolutely unique, which is always an A+ grade from me! It's a bit hard to find sweetspots with the plugin though and I wish the cutoff "went higher" past the nyquist domain, this would make it easier to use the envelope follower and have larger sweetspot for the cutoff knob.

I also wish the Chaos knob was less sensitive as I find the interesting range of this knob at the very first few % of it.

Anyhow, these two variations on the filter are an extremely generous gift and this plugin absolutely rocks!! Well done Sir. Bloody well done!! :love:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

ill note all your suggestions for future iterations. If you want a higher frequency, did you try increasing the oversampling? Also, maybe you're not getting as high enough range in your modulation. You just need to increase the cutoff and decay speed so you actually get a larger range of modulation. You may just be limiting your range. Edit: If you increase your send amount, you will hit the internal clipper at some point, so that may be your issue.

Edit: I was hoping to include a transient-detector-envelope-generator as an alternative to the envelope follower, that would have made it easier to get your desired cutoff envelope shape. Ran out of time. I could include it in a future update.

The frequency/resonance frequency goes beyond hearing range for sure.

Also, for those of you getting crashes (it will randomly crash if you use host automation and close the UI), I just put an update. All you need to do is click the download button in the plugin UI and reinstall manually. Once you reinstall, you should see v1.0.1

Last edited by Architeuthis on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmanic wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:20 amAnyhow, these two variations on the filter are an extremely generous gift and this plugin absolutely rocks!! Well done Sir. Bloody well done!! :love:
Thanks! Oh yeah and the only reason there's two variations is because I preferred and easier-to-use plugin over trying to have both algorithms accessible by various knob tweaks. It would have been harder to find sweet spots.

Sorry, slightly off-topic: Are you still going to be doing a unified generator synth?

Hello,
I updated to 1.01, created a short midi track, automated Cutoff then moved cutoff's "send" knob and... crash of FL12 (sorry)

Full speed ahead on FMD. I'm working on the "Human" filter. It will have two modes, one lowpass more grindy sounding, and another smoother version that... wow it's so quirky. It becomes more of a bandpass at low resonance and an imperfect lowpass at high resonance. :lol:
Totolitoto wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:47 pm Hello,
I updated to 1.01, created a short midi track, automated Cutoff then moved cutoff's "send" knob and... crash of FL12 (sorry)
I'll test for that that.
onerob wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:23 pm Sorry, slightly off-topic: Are you still going to be doing a unified generator synth?
Yes, we intended to release an update to OMS, but decided to focus on FMD due to sales figures. We will get back to OMS at some point.

I wish all my other VST's had a redownload to patch button in the drop down menu. Not sure why this is such a novelty, I hope it catches on. :tu:

Working on U.K. Yellowjacket filter. This thing is insane. At low resonance it gives a lo-fi sound (don't expect any high frequency reproduction of your signal!). On the other hand, you can push the resonance all the way to pure squares and very unstable (chaotic/noisy). If you want bloody murder screams, then yeah... Mid-high resonance gives a unique crunchy sound (like in the demo I posted on the first page), there's a handful of interesting sweet spots.

Totolitoto wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:47 pm Hello,
I got the crash but I couldn't debug. Will come back to this.

Working on a new filter concept I stumbled upon today. I got side-tracked trying to finalize the Japan - Oni filter. The code for this thing... it's insane how simple it is (can't share the code it publicly, not until we profit!). It behaves like a filter / harmonic locker / waveshaper all rolled into one, lofi, tons of fun, can scream, can howl, can double your octave above or below your fundamental, can wavefold, it's going to be amazing for basses because of how the resonance rides the input signal, omg... so many way to use this thing. Anyway, I also discovered something else. I'm currently not happy with the Flower Child Filter's resonance vs frequency response (it is too loud at the mid-highs). Now I know why. I will go back to the drawing board for FCF and give you an update.

On top of that, we are also planning on releasing one more mode for FCF before the big FMD release, I call it the Sawtooth Resonator. It basically creates sawtoothy resonance, can go from very crunchy/overdriven to howly.

Really excited, I'm uncovering so many secrets of how to create any kind of filter. Eventually I need to also make a Triangle Resonator, Square Resonator... and sine resonator is already done to death, you guys already have that.

The UK Yellow jacket filter could scream 'traitor' if you then try to use a foreign sounding one afterwards.

Return to “Effects”