Your opinion about Zebra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Empyrean (U-he Zebra 2 Presets) Zebra

GRUMP wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:23 pm
Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:55 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:24 pm It's your choice to make aggressive comments as a dev
But thing is, I don't make aggressive comments. I only react to them.
As you surely know all of the wars in euope before 1945 were "reactions". You seem to have a all too similar view on your own actions. I don´t mind about what you think is "shit", that you feel that such a vocabiulary is justified and who´s "numb" anyway, but the agression is quiet obvious in this case here:
Urs wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:16 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:49 am
recursive one wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:14 am [...] and Hans Zimmer uses it [...]
"Hans Zimmer" is a brand that sells endorsement and emotions. The real actors in this roleplay are unknown - as usual.
Yes, you have obviously never met the man. The real person is completely unknown to you, and so is every bit of circumstance that led to him being who he is, and why I value his opinion quite a lot more than the vile shit that some people think they need to pour out.
It seems pretty much as if U-he would rely strongly on a good internet reputation and immediately try to make people shut up that critisize their products. That "swarm behavour" is quiet suspicious as well.

Peopple may think what trhey want to and I prefer all those many companys that really don´t mind about comments much over potentially investment capital driven wolves in Zebraskins who immediately say anyone´s dumb or numb or simply doesn´t know enough about their products if someone says "that thing is not that superiour as they want to make you believe".

And please don´t play the victium again now.

EOD. End of Kindergarten.
Maybe you could start to explain what you mean by "The real actors in this roleplay are unknown - as usual".

Back in 2007 there were 3 people involved: Hans, Howard and me. I made Zebra. Howard made sounds. Hans wanted to use Zebra, but needed more sounds. I recommended Howard. Howard made sounds. They ended up in a movie. Then Hans sent me his Minimoog, because he wanted other filters in Zebra. But I made Diva instead. So Hans asked for Diva's filters to be in Zebra. So I made ZebraHZ and Hans and Howie made more sounds, which ended up in yet another movie. As a thank you for my work, Hans let me sell those sounds. We publish this as "The Dark Zebra". End of story.

All "actors" are known. There is no "roleplay". Any insinuation of the opposite is something I take as an utmost offence. Anyone would.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psa wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:23 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:24 pm It's your choice to make aggressive comments as a dev
As you surely know all of the wars in euope before 1945 were "reactions". You seem to have a all too similar view on your own actions. I don´t mind about what you think is "shit", that you feel that such a vocabiulary is justified and who´s "numb" anyway, but the agression is quiet obvious in this case here:
recursive one wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:14 am [...] and Hans Zimmer uses it [...]
"Hans Zimmer" is a brand that sells endorsement and emotions. The real actors in this roleplay are unknown - as usual.
Yes, you have obviously never met the man. The real person is completely unknown to you, and so is every bit of circumstance that led to him being who he is, and why I value his opinion quite a lot more than the vile shit that some people think they need to pour out.
It seems pretty much as if U-he would rely strongly on a good internet reputation and immediately try to make people shut up that critisize their products. That "swarm behavour" is quiet suspicious as well.

Peopple may think what trhey want to and I prefer all those many companys that really don´t mind about comments much over potentially investment capital driven wolves in Zebraskins who immediately say anyone´s dumb or numb or simply doesn´t know enough about their products if someone says "that thing is not that superiour as they want to make you believe".

maybe if you hadnt insuated there was some sort of underhanded business going on, with no evidence thereof.
thats very rude btw, not nice.

also "vile shit" describes what you said quite aptly.

report that mofo!

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:41 pm All "actors" are known. There is no "roleplay". Any insinuation of the opposite is something I take as an utmost offence. Anyone would.
1. I didn't claim anything remotely resembling the opposite. 2. I think misunderstanding it and "taking it as an utmost offence" is the issue here. And the reason that you complain about "vile" comments which weren't vile. While facepalming in reply to my posts, and stating that people who are critic towards your products are the laugh of the u-he HQ.

I didn't even want to reply to this thread anymore, in fear that you get things in the wrong pipe again. But, obviously, you feel like defending your position, so I thought I'd make it more clear that you are simply misunderstanding, when you think that someone (me? who?) claims that your Hans Zimmer story is fake. I didn't say anything in that direction. I said I even think it's true, unlike much of the crap other companies state to make users think they're the next pop super star.

End of story really. For me at least...

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:44 pm "Well thought out" is purely subjective based on your own opinion. You think that it's well thought out, but the reaction of the subjective evaluation of others will give you some measure of the validity of your self-assessment. Good can be purely objective so long as we define the metric(s).
I think Urs mentioned the sales as the basis for such an evaluation. If it hadn't been well-thought enough, it wouldn't have sold well.

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:50 pm
Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:41 pm All "actors" are known. There is no "roleplay". Any insinuation of the opposite is something I take as an utmost offence. Anyone would.
1. I didn't claim anything remotely resembling the opposite. 2. I think misunderstanding it and "taking it as an utmost offence" is the issue here. And the reason that you complain about "vile" comments which weren't vile. While facepalming in reply to my posts, and stating that people who are critic towards your products are the laugh of the u-he HQ.

I didn't even want to reply to this thread anymore, in fear that you get things in the wrong pipe again. But, obviously, you feel like defending your position, so I thought I'd make it more clear that you are simply misunderstanding, when you think that someone (me? who?) claims that your Hans Zimmer story is fake. I didn't say anything in that direction. I said I even think it's true, unlike much of the crap other companies state to make users think they're the next pop super star.

End of story really. For me at least...
it was grump that said about the role playing ;)

Ah... ok.

Didn't you say in another topic that paranoid people always think that it is them who were meant? :lol:

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:59 pm Ah... ok.

Didn't you say in another topic that paranoid people always think that it is them who were meant? :lol:
:lol:

its easy enough to get confused when theres a lot going on.
hope thats eased your mind a bit though :)

It explains the post I quoted. Still don't know why I deserve facepalms and the other thing though.

Anyway.

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:41 pm
GRUMP wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:23 pm

Maybe you could start to explain what you mean by "The real actors in this roleplay are unknown - as usual".

Back in 2007 there were 3 people involved: Hans, Howard and me. I made Zebra. Howard made sounds. Hans wanted to use Zebra, but needed more sounds. I recommended Howard. Howard made sounds. They ended up in a movie. Then Hans sent me his Minimoog, because he wanted other filters in Zebra. But I made Diva instead. So Hans asked for Diva's filters to be in Zebra. So I made ZebraHZ and Hans and Howie made more sounds, which ended up in yet another movie. As a thank you for my work, Hans let me sell those sounds. We publish this as "The Dark Zebra". End of story.

All "actors" are known. There is no "roleplay". Any insinuation of the opposite is something I take as an utmost offence. Anyone would.
i think he was referring to Christian Bale

chk071 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:07 pm It explains the post I quoted. Still don't know why I deserve facepalms and the other thing though.

Anyway.
I think the facepalm was me trying to suppress myself from posting when I already had a drink or two.

Or maybe it was an experiment to see if I can prevent a thread from going into derailment by intentionally being vague.

Honestly, I don't remember.

AnX wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:13 pm i think he was referring to Christian Bale
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Return to “Instruments”