Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

kurasu wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:12 pm I didn't release any 1.5.x binaries on purpose, as that would distract from getting the 1.6 code-base building on all platforms and squashing the remaining bugs.
ok, but a 32bit v1.6 that works under winxp sp3 would still be nice :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Do you know how to import your own wavetables? My Surge keeps crashing when I drag & drop a wav sample into the oscillator window.

i think you have to place a wavetable in ".wt" format in Surge wavetable folder.you can use free "Audioterm" soft to make it.

I will try that, thanks!

Any progress on Mac build?

I hope there are other coders working on this, and not just kurasu accidentally making more work for himself...

Excellent synth which will only get better

fceramic wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 pm Would love a Mac installer. This was one of my first vst instruments!
well, i tried to bake one and got an error "plugin.h file not found error" on macos mojave with xcode. i'm not sure how to proceed. anyone know what to do next?

EDIT: there is an AudioUnit,VST2,VST3 for macOS and they load and display the GUI and emit sounds.
Last edited by esaruoho on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:20 pm Poor Claes. The community is supposed to do all that's been asked in many of the posts of this thread. :D
yeah, how does one find audiounit plugin experts who could be hired (like a bounty?) to do these things (bake a 32bit 64bit audiounit / vst for macos, for instance)..

it is intriguing to see the responses over here, is this a case of there being not that many developers in this forum or what's happening? everyone just looking for a download link.

Jorgeelalto wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:34 am there is someone also trying to do it on macOS.
you mention that someone is trying to do it on macOS, who are you speaking of? how to get in touch?

what i'm surprised is the amount of people who are dead-hung on wanting to use surge, yet they don't seem to be too busy telling their developer friends (some of whom surely work on audiounits, vst2/vst3 technologies?) to help them. this could be a concentrated effort, instead of people just sweeping in, for 10 pages now, complaining about the bugs and demanding download urls and saying why doesn't this compile.

f**ked up.

Jbravo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:56 pm Is it going to be the new Synth1? (ie. best, most versatile freeware) :o
is synth1 still pc vst only and not opensource and noone has compiled it on macos audiounit?

esaruoho wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:36 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:20 pm Poor Claes. The community is supposed to do all that's been asked in many of the posts of this thread. :D
yeah, how does one find audiounit plugin experts who could be hired (like a bounty?) to do these things (bake a 32bit 64bit audiounit / vst for macos, for instance)..

it is intriguing to see the responses over here, is this a case of there being not that many developers in this forum or what's happening? everyone just looking for a download link.
viewforum.php?f=33

That is the Developers Forum, this is more for the users of plugins.

thanks ZeePok! Checked there, pretty quiet.. :(

esaruoho, I was going to send you the GitHub link but I see you already posted on some issues. That's what we have, and the repo has been untouched for 2 months now. I had no time to tinker with it but starting next month I will have more time and I hope to get somewhere with it (at least on Windows and Linux).

Jorgeelalto wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:47 pm esaruoho, I was going to send you the GitHub link but I see you already posted on some issues. That's what we have, and the repo has been untouched for 2 months now. I had no time to tinker with it but starting next month I will have more time and I hope to get somewhere with it (at least on Windows and Linux).
Glad to hear it, Jorgeelalto! I've been poking and prodding the repo a bit, and three more people (actual coders) joined in, too. But there's tons to do, so please do join in if you have the bandwidth, at all!

ZeePok wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:17 pm viewforum.php?f=33
That is the Developers Forum, this is more for the users of plugins.
Here's a link to the Surge thread on the DSP Developers Forum:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=511921&hilit=surge

Return to “Instruments”