Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:23 am
GaryG wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:18 am
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:25 am I sold TRIAD and kept BYOME, could easily have gone the other way but certainly no need to have both
It puzzles me that they offer that bundle with both of them.
I guess being with pluginalliance effectively makes their products close to worthless so may as well bundle them, like an impulse buy chocolate bar at the supermarket checkout. Bulk sales = lower prices. Crazy shit.
When I worked in a shop the owner used to say "look after the pennies, and the pounds look after themselves"!

I did get Byome/Triad bundle earlier in the year for not many pennies, and i haven't really used Triad but Byome is fantastic. I think i remember paying about £15 for the bundle, it can't have been much more.

I was blown away by BYOME at first but when I tried TRIAD it felt like going from 2D to 3D. Bought it as soon as it went on sale enough for me to commit, and I have used it in every project since. I'd love updates, or QUADRANT or something with an additional bandsplit (think of it! Mid/Side processing but you get a top and bottom frequency band for each! etc.) and even more effects (more granular! verbs derived from SILO! uh... ... ... capability of reading MIDI input directly for modulation purposes even though it is not technically a VSTi!), but I love this software and it's been great to use this year.

What I've found is there is virtually no downside for me personally just using TRIAD in Mid/Side mode and disabling Mid/Side to just use the stereo output band as a single processing band, like BYOME offers. And then if I want to go deeper, absolutely can at any time. I love their bandsplit and how easy it is to modulate it creatively. I am not sure, though, if this takes appreciably more CPU than just running BYOME, so don't take it as definitive there.

Agreed wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:21 pm I was blown away by BYOME at first but when I tried TRIAD it felt like going from 2D to 3D. Bought it as soon as it went on sale enough for me to commit, and I have used it in every project since. I'd love updates, or QUADRANT or something with an additional bandsplit (think of it! Mid/Side processing but you get a top and bottom frequency band for each! etc.) and even more effects (more granular! verbs derived from SILO! uh... ... ... capability of reading MIDI input directly for modulation purposes even though it is not technically a VSTi!), but I love this software and it's been great to use this year.

What I've found is there is virtually no downside for me personally just using TRIAD in Mid/Side mode and disabling Mid/Side to just use the stereo output band as a single processing band, like BYOME offers. And then if I want to go deeper, absolutely can at any time. I love their bandsplit and how easy it is to modulate it creatively. I am not sure, though, if this takes appreciably more CPU than just running BYOME, so don't take it as definitive there.
i use BYOME, TRIAD more, me like!

and all Unfiltered Audio stuff, i have, except the latest one, they are main part of used effects.

but the most excessive 'bandsplit', or spliiter, are the MB versions of Melda, and MXXX of course. also AM, transient/tonal, etc. etc. etc. etc.
don't use M/S that often, but it is an option in Melda, never done that with Melda, yet..
how it works?? haha, use them quite often, but still don't use all features..

$39.99 at PA today, minus my shiny new $25 voucher. It's hard to resist. The code is BYOME3999.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I just got Lion on the PA sale, and was thinking of getting this / TRIAD as I've been enjoying tuning the resonator in the synth with MIDI notes, but this one doesn't seem to have that feature - am I missing something obvious? I've searched the manual, and google a lot but no biscuits yet :)

v1o wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:45 am Im not sure if this was covered yet. But does Byome do everything that Dent 2 does in terms of modulation?
As far as I can see, Byome has most of the Dent 2 functions:
Dent Shape, Split = Byome Dent Shape
Dent Upper X, Lower X, Block DC = Byome Dent Rectify, alt Mix Utility
Dent Wavefold, Overfold, Harsh Fold = Byome Wavefold
Dent Bias (DC offset) = Byome Wavefold Bias (DC Bias) maybe
Dent Hard Clip, Soft Clip, Distortion, Tube, Tape, Gloubi, Cubic = Byome Saturation
Dent Bitcrush = Byome Bitcrush
Dent Cutoff, Rez = Byome Basic Filter, no BR band reject
Dent Probability = Byome Probability Gate maybe, Gate Sequencer maybe
Dent Modulations = Byome Modulations
Dent In, Out, Trim, AGC = Byome In Gain, Out Gain, AGC, no trim

Byome is CPU lighter for me than Dent 2. The Dent interface is faster because all modules are loaded and connected, but a Byome preset with all relevant modules can speed up the workflow. Dent 2 has optional oversampling 2x and 4x, while Byome uses oversampling only "for effects that really need it".
Last edited by ChristianH1 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Agreed wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:21 pm I was blown away by BYOME at first but when I tried TRIAD it felt like going from 2D to 3D. Bought it as soon as it went on sale enough for me to commit, and I have used it in every project since. I'd love updates, or QUADRANT or something with an additional bandsplit (think of it! Mid/Side processing but you get a top and bottom frequency band for each! etc.) and even more effects (more granular! verbs derived from SILO! uh... ... ... capability of reading MIDI input directly for modulation purposes even though it is not technically a VSTi!), but I love this software and it's been great to use this year.

Sounds like a good approach. I'm not sure about the extra CPU overhead myself, but something I have discovered about the UA plugins is they "adaptively" use as much or as little CPU as they need. Add the Deep Reverb CPU usage goes up, replace it with the Basic Filter and it goes down again.

I'm sure the Multiband splits would be the same with each split adding just a little overhead, as they are most likely linear phase. One I'm unsure of is how a simple single band setup in Triad compares to the equivalent in Byome. My guess it would be close, if not the same.

Worth testing to know for sure, though.

please add some sort of oversampling to BYOME, or it's various distortion/saturations more specifically :-)
imho saturation has quite nice algorithms, but aliasing spoils it mostly imho...

distortin, saturation, dent...just an optional OS-switch (2x-32x) in the module's menubar :-)
please

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:09 am
muki wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:22 am please add some sort of oversampling to BYOME, or it's various distortion/saturations more specifically :-)
imho saturation has quite nice algorithms, but aliasing spoils it mostly imho...

distortin, saturation, dent...just an optional OS-switch (2x-32x) in the module's menubar :-)
please
Yes this would be nice !!

I'm kind of thinking the CPU usage would be pretty high for real-time playback, so it would be good to have an Off-line render.
I just freeze tracks to effectively achieve the same thing

Return to “Effects”