Free iZotope Vocal Doubler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did a search for this and I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet since KVR loves its freeware. Perhaps I missed the thread in my search.... :P

Free iZotope Vocal Doubler:

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... ubler.html

I went to install it but it wanted to install a C++ Redistributable and it was taking several minutes so I just canceled (since doubling my vocals just means 2x Crap) . It also wants to send user data by default if you don't opt out. Requires a serial number and an internet connection on one computer even if you want to do offline authorization.

Remember when "freeware" just meant dropping a .dll in your folder or a simple no-authorize install ?

Excuse me, now I have to go outside and yell "hey you kids get off of my lawn".......... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

One month latency!!!

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:56 pm I went to install it but it wanted to install a C++ Redistributable and it was taking several minutes so I just canceled (since doubling my vocals just means 2x Crap) . It also wants to send user data by default if you don't opt out. Requires a serial number and an internet connection on one computer even if you want to do offline authorization.

Remember when "freeware" just meant dropping a .dll in your folder or a simple no-authorize install ?

Excuse me, now I have to go outside and yell "hey you kids get off of my lawn".......... :lol:
Yeah, those were the days... I remember them too : |

Thanks for the field report
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Turello wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:06 pm One month latency!!!
Did I miss this last month ? Or is the plugin's latency that bad ? :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sweet, I love free plugs and I love iZotope!
Thanks for the heads up, Tek! :hail:

Yeah, I grabbed it last night on the strength of their demo video. I haven't got any new vocals to try it out on yet but it seems cool enough. As I'm already a registered iZotope user, all I had to do was log in, download and install.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Thanks for the heads up.. I don't have nearly the problems you tend to have though.

Whoa, Thanks !
I don't know how I missed that one either.
I thought being the cheapskate that I am, that I've tried every freebie that comes out. :wink:

Also, it does seem to introduce some latency as an insert playing live, but not quite a year's worth ! :D
Thanks again for the heads up, I already had an Izotope account set up so it was a painless no brainer to get !

- Jay

VitaminD wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:15 am I don't have nearly the problems you tend to have though.
Excuse me ? "Tend" to have ? Care to explain ?

Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:47 am
VitaminD wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:15 am I don't have nearly the problems you tend to have though.
he may not have actually been passive-aggressively implying that you over-react to things. he may have just been implying that he has seen you be unlucky with technology.

Do not expect there‘s a free lunch...

For me as a iZotope afficionado this is a welcome add-on and has been installed without any problems. The functions are simple but effective.

PS: I stopped being angry about non-working freebies or super rebated give-aways. I just delete them. The only cost I had in that case is my time. The gain is experience.
Last edited by martinjuenke on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

sounds great to beef up the vocals

iZotope never stop sending stoopid emails but I don't remember getting a notification about this. Thanks ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

sleepcircle wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:09 am
Teksonik wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:47 am
he may not have actually been passive-aggressively implying that you over-react to things. he may have just been implying that he has seen you be unlucky with technology.
The question was not directed at you but you responded so you take the bullet....

I have successfully installed and happily used hundreds of plugins, several DAWs, and have been or still am the member of Alpha or Beta Test teams for several developers so there is no bad luck here. Skill tends to negate the need for luck. :wink:

Luck played no part in it. The installer wanted to install a C++ Redistributable perhaps because my studio computer is on Win 7 and it did not have the particular file already installed. Again nothing to do with "luck". I simply stopped the installation because I don't really need the plugin that bad and I don't care for plugins that phone home to data mine.

As for "overreacting", when you consider my studio computer also handles my financial accounts, stock portfolio etc you can see why I'm not keen to have it connecting to the internet willy nilly for a simple effects plugin that isn't going to help my horrible vocals one bit. If the installation was simple drop the serial number in and didn't require opting out of data mining I probably would have let it install just for the heck of it. I limit the amount and scope of connections my studio computer makes, simple as that.

But if connecting to the internet and having to opt out of data mining for a free plugin doesn't bother you and you need a vocal doubler then by all means do party on.....:shrug:

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:36 am Do not expect there‘s a free lunch.
Shall I name the dozens and dozens perhaps hundreds of truly free plugins that don't require any authentication or want you to give them anything in return (usage data) ?

So there are plenty of free lunches out there. Just because iZotope wants you to pay for your free lunch simply points out the difference between them and those who are fully altruistic. :wink:

Ok I'm done here. Enjoy the plugin. I'm simply particular about what goes on to my studio computer. If that bothers the snowflakes then so be it...... :P

Return to “Effects”