Your Top 5 Synths for Using on a Yak

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sometimes you're on a yak and want to make some phat beatz and wikkid tunez.
Some synths have the right high-frequency characteristics and tweeter inducing properties to overcome a yak's high pitched squealing.

What would be your top 5 synths in this scenario?

Mine would be:

1) Zebra (it's not quite a yak, but I think a yak would like a Zebra).

2) Alchemy by Camel Audio (again, I think a yak would like anything by Camel, although it might not like the way in which naughty Apple nabbed this beauty)

3) Sounds of Nature by Xoxos (I think a yak would dig this sort of thing)

4) The Shepherd by Simple-Media (tbh, I'm not sure what a person who looks after a yak is called, but I think the skills of a shepherd would be respected by a yak).

5) Any synth that features presets by Himalaya (because that's where many yaks like to roam).

So what would be your top 5 synths for using on a yak?

ps, although many of you more knowledgeable yak travellers will know that a yak usually emits a low sort of grunting, in fairness you can sometimes make them squeal in a charmingly high pitched way too.

1 - Dune2 - 8 Layers.
2 - Fathom - Modular architecture and extensive modulation capabilities.
3 - Zebra2 - Modular and quality.
4 - Sektor - Great morphing features. Samples
5 - LuSH - 8 layers. Internal mixer and effects.
:phones:

1 - Dune 3
2 - Thorn
3 - Zebra 2 HZ
4 - Bazille
5 - Synthmaster

dark water wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:08 pmSome synths have the right high-frequency characteristics and tweeter inducing properties to overcome a yak's high pitched squealing.
(...)
ps, although many of you more knowledgeable yak travellers will know that a yak usually emits a low sort of grunting, in fairness you can sometimes make them squeal in a charmingly high pitched way too.
Imho a company such as iZotope should release a Yak plugin to compensate those natural weaknesses everybody meets soon or late. This is more than needed.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

You should have a Falcon with you...

LinPlug's Saxlab. Although discontinued I still find it the best instrument to prevent the yak talking back whilst playing.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Can someone define what a YAK is please ?

I know the animal but I don't understand how it can be related to a virtual synth.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Delay Lama just puts me in the right mental space to appreciate that yak experience, you know?

You should have a DIVA with you in these cold nights in the steppes of Mongolia... :love:

Julien Unison wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:54 pm Can someone define what a YAK is please ?

I know the animal but I don't understand how it can be related to a virtual synth.
you travel by yak and need to make music. simple.

As one does.

YAK: your animal kanu

Delta Sign wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:03 pm As one does.
given the bus services round here might not be a bad investment. a yak.

Julien Unison wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:54 pm Can someone define what a YAK is please ?

(It's a parody thread, I was :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=512674 )

Return to “Instruments”