One Synth Challenge #117: ModulAir by Full Bucket (Rellik Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ModulAir

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... llenge-117

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #117! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

ModulAir is a modular polyphonic software synthesizer for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU) written in native C++ code for high performance and low CPU consumption

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Soundemote and Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Sonimus : Any one Plugin

Tritik : Echorus (effect plugin)

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : Any 3 commercial sound banks. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
Last edited by bjporter on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.

@Björn this thing looks like lots of fun; great work :)

:o This thing is a beast, probably my fav FullBucket Synth so far.

So many possibilities :hyper: , we are ok using (and abusing) the wavetables right?

A hellova beast to be sure. Hopefully we can use/abuse wavetables? Our own or just free on the net ones?

This is going to be fun, and also hard. My brain hurts already.

dB

I'mma give this one a shot for the first time in a while. spent too long lurking I think.
It's very tasty, I swear!

I will tell you early on your composition is shite or gold. Or both ;)

This synth looks fantastic. Can't wait to get my hands on it! Thanks Bjorn!

It's going to be another great month here.

wave table requires external samples.

To clarify, generally: single-cycle waveforms are allowed (e.g. something loaded into a wavetable synth)

@z.prime
I would love to be able to use "sth loaded into a wavetable synth", but this thingy here loads wavetables like serum or tone2 icarus does. This means it treats a wav file as sequence of single cycles each 2048 long.
If you check out this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gURa9ME5il8
You can listen to the synth saying "synthesizer" after loading the respective wavetable that comes with waveterm and playing it single cycle after single cycle...
If we agree to use wavetables, then I could for instance load those of icarus. Even in case we restrict to single cycles I could do the same trick as with fathom, i. e. split an sample into pieces of size 2048 and play one after the other. Afair fathom uses only 1024 per single cycle and is therefore restricted. Whereas with 2048 samples it would be possible to squeeze in the complete attack phase of a basedrum...with this I could use for instance the attack phase samples of kick2 plug-in...
Just talking about specs and possibilities. We definitely need a decission about what is allowed and what is not.

] Peter:H [

Yes, you could load each bit of a much bigger waveform and play them somehow in succession. Traditionally this has been allowed. Typically the wavetable synths do some analysis and play back something not identical to the actual wave file, so in practice it's hard to get something like sample playback. Unsure about this one; will experiment in the next day or so.

I'm gonna give it a shot. Modulair looks a bit intimidating but I have to start sometime. May as well be now.

Full Bucket has outdone himself again. Modulars always turn me into a deer in the headlights, but this one is actually pretty user friendly.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Absolutely fantastic for drums
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Return to “Instruments”