Presonus Studio One Pro 4

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it my connection or are the download servers really slow ?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:15 pm
Partiallay got V4 out of habit to be up to date.
The low prive at JRR

Number One reason

Wan to see what ARA2 will offer
How much was the upgrade for the Pro 3 to Pro 4 offer at JJR in total... $74.50 ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I think you can use the forum codes or something and get it cheaper. Someone said they got it for less anyway. I of course forgot to try them and assumed the price was locked because they were not added automatically. If it were not Uncle E I would be pretty miffed about that as I often intentionally buy at JRRs because of him, when its slightly cheaper elsewhere and extra discounts are automatic.

*I was in a hurry as well, that’s one reason to wait a bit and see what others learn through purchasing.

Can’t say for sure though as I haven’t tried to get the price lower.

pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm I think you can use the forum codes or something and get it cheaper. Someone said they got it for less anyway. I of course forgot to try them and assumed the price was locked because they were not added automatically. If it were not Uncle E I would be pretty miffed about that as I often intentionally buy at JRRs because of him, when its slightly cheaper elsewhere and extra discounts are automatic.

*I was in a hurry as well, that’s one reason to wait a bit and see what others learn through purchasing.

Yeah, the reason I asked was because I know where there's a better offer, with clear discount codes provided, meaning that I can buy the upgrade for a low as £49. That's 79 pounds cheaper than the normal upgrade price and £15 cheaper than even the Presonus half price offer. :hyper:

Where ? https://www.audiodeluxe.com
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Went to edit post, ended up quoting myself..... ( these small icons should be separated and relocated, to avoid this.. but then... why am I able to be able to quote myself in this way anyway ? The point in quoting is to quote other people's posts, not the root posts which you have made )

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:52 pm
pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm I think you can use the forum codes or something and get it cheaper. Someone said they got it for less anyway. I of course forgot to try them and assumed the price was locked because they were not added automatically. If it were not Uncle E I would be pretty miffed about that as I often intentionally buy at JRRs because of him, when its slightly cheaper elsewhere and extra discounts are automatic.

Yeah, the reason I asked was because I know where there's a better offer, with clear discount codes provided, meaning that I can buy the upgrade for a low as £49. That's 79 pounds cheaper than the normal upgrade price and £15 cheaper than even the Presonus half price offer. :hyper:

Where ? https://www.audiodeluxe.com
Is there a discount code that goes on top of already discounted price? www.audiodeluxe.com shows the same price as Presonus for me: $74.98. That comes out to £58.34

Late_Bloomer wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 pm
Is there a discount code that goes on top of already discounted price? www.audiodeluxe.com shows the same price as Presonus for me: $74.98. That comes out to £58.34
With audiodeluxe you need to be logged in. After you add the item to your shopping cart, the discount is automatically applied (Mine came out to $62.99).

With jrrshop, it comes out a bit cheaper, though you do have to manually enter the discount code (I think it's "group") during checkout.

Even with the sale I'm not entirely convinced I need to update from 3, it doesn't seem to offer much if you're not bothered about drums or am I missing something? tbh I am still mad at them for complelety dismissing the extra investment Producer 3 owners made in their company by lumping all update prices together, that was outrageous.

flugel45 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:10 pm
Late_Bloomer wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 pm
With audiodeluxe you need to be logged in. After you add the item to your shopping cart, the discount is automatically applied (Mine came out to $62.99).

With jrrshop, it comes out a bit cheaper, though you do have to manually enter the discount code (I think it's "group") during checkout.
That makes sense. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:14 pm Even with the sale I'm not entirely convinced I need to update from 3, it doesn't seem to offer much if you're not bothered about drums or am I missing something? tbh I am still mad at them for complelety dismissing the extra investment Producer 3 owners made in their company by lumping all update prices together, that was outrageous.
3.56 is a solid version of the DAW, and it may do everything you need and more, but some things are really quite dated like Impact and Sample One, and these things have been greatly improved, not just aesthetically but functionally as well.. and there's many other cool and creative things. There's many workflow tweaks which have been implemented also, besides a huge amount of minor fixes, some very important (that's partly why I waited.. till now). I've posted these lists on page one of the other main thread you can download.

You can wait another year for the next BF week, or 20 months from now till the next paid release of Studio One (point 5 updates have always been free), or can you grab Studio One 4 now for a bargain basement price and make the most of it.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks - dont use Impact or Sample One, anything much improved in its capabilities as DAW?

Is it less CPU intensive than version 3? I don't have time to demo it now.

I really wish they would put a "Last updated" date on each soundset so users coming from the previous S1 version have some idea which soundsets are new (So we don't have to go into each one and visually compare the file sizes -- or download the whole set again!).

FYI -- There appears to be one new soundset with v4: Impact XT Kits and Sounds. (I only figured it out from seeing that v3 came with 30 soundsets while v4 claimed 31).

flugel45 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:42 am I really wish they would put a "Last updated" date on each soundset so users coming from the previous S1 version have some idea which soundsets are new (So we don't have to go into each one and visually compare the file sizes -- or download the whole set again!).

FYI -- There appears to be one new soundset with v4: Impact XT Kits and Sounds. (I only figured it out from seeing that v3 came with 30 soundsets while v4 claimed 31).
Yeah, that initially threw me also because I forgot they had only added one, along with the additional demo songs and tutorials. There should really be a clearer description on the website about what content is relevant to who for those upgrading. For reference, it's the last one at the bottom of the page.

I guess they thought that providing a link to the release notes was enough, because that's where I navigated to check initially, then cross checked that with what I posted in the other thread. I think many people don't realise what they don't have until they open the program to try and register and notice all the check boxes.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”