Refx nexus - legacy expansions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SciFiArtMan wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm My biggest desire for Nexus2 is the ability to mix layers from different patches, which I suspect won't happen, or isn't possible, but I would LOVE it if it did!
That would be really cool. There are also some atmosphere samples that are tied to one key, you can't play them, they are just a sample tied to a key. I was trying to figure out a way to extract the sample so it would be playable, but I couldn't figure anything out aside from recording it out.

SciFiArtMan wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:58 pm My biggest desire for Nexus2 is the ability to mix layers from different patches, which I suspect won't happen, or isn't possible, but I would LOVE it if it did!

And then if we could import our own sounds, even if only one (which would make the above possible, with a little effort) it would be heaven!

If a little more modulation of layers and patches was possible, I wouldn't complain a bit.

And any of these new features would drastically increase my expansion buys, because the system would be much more inline with my needs!

Just dreaming out loud...
I'm guessing all these will be a no, ScifiArtMan, but I could of course be wrong. I'm under the working assumption that Nexus will stay Nexus - a simple ROMpler preset machine, low on CPU, low on customisation. While I'm hazy as to the corporate structure of Avenger vs Nexus, I think both sides will want to keep clear blue water between the two products. Avenger for real patch-making, user import, all that stuff. Nexus for quick and dirty.

All the things I'm hoping for are just a better version of what Nexus is already, and I think they could make a big difference.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

commodore wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:14 pm I had been looking for the older "Essential Clubsounds" volumes which are not available any more.
I have an original Essential Club Sounds Vol.1 Cd... A piece of Iconic history if there ever was 1. The Cd should be met with the same regard as a hardware 303 or 909. It changed everything for so many. Just like Ikutaro Kakehashi brought so much to music, so did the Manuels with the Vengeance series.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

commodore wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:25 pm but I couldn't figure anything out aside from recording it out.
In Cubase, i simply hit Ctrl Return, which is my short cut key for 'Render in Place'. Shift Return is 'Send Selected to Sampler Track' and Return on it's own is 'Bounce Audio', makes a new sample for further editing with out effecting other copies in the project.

Best use of the return Key!!!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:56 am
commodore wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:14 pm I had been looking for the older "Essential Clubsounds" volumes which are not available any more.
I have an original Essential Club Sounds Vol.1 Cd... A piece of Iconic history if there ever was 1. The Cd should be met with the same regard as a hardware 303 or 909. It changed everything for so many. Just like Ikutaro Kakehashi brought so much to music, so did the Manuels with the Vengeance series.
Damn, nice! I really wish they still sold those older clubsounds volumes. I'd be happy to pay for them, but I'm afraid they will never return.

I didn't think I'd be buying any more Nexus Banks but at these new prices, I can't resist. Cart is filling up!!!

Damn it... Basket full and I'm waiting for the pound to get a little bit stronger (but will it?). It be good if they had a fixed UK price.

Digital Legends expansion for free in today's advent calendar! The sounds are great! Thanks refx!

ps - does anyone know if there are previous year's advent calendar presets for download somewhere?

Return to “Instruments”