Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:54 pm
e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:40 pm ^BT is okay, but don't care for his endorsements either (yet Stutter Edit and BreakTweaker are products I dig). I think (and hope) chk071 was joking.
bt once posted to say my stuff was interesting.
whoever he is, he knows quality! :hihi:
Hes probably since plagiarised some of your techniques and claimed he invented them
Amazon: why not use an alternative

e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:40 pm ^BT is okay, but don't care for his endorsements either (yet Stutter Edit and BreakTweaker are products I dig). I think (and hope) chk071 was joking.
Those are fine products, true, but I really can't stand BT and his girly hairdos.
J. Rudess and R. Devine as well, when I see those names I just scroll down.

With all this said, I actually would consider checking out products endorsed by some "lesser known" but (actually) scene-relevant names, to me it's all about the authenticity. If I feel the "celeb" in question promotes the product just for the money (and not because they actually like the product), it really means nothing to me, or, as I said, has an opposite effect because it just looks desperate.

e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:40 pm I think (and hope) chk071 was joking.
I was. I hope it would have been more obvious. :D

Paid advert then i’m likely less interested. Especially considering most of the ‘celebrities’. I am super curious about what tools people use to do all kinds of art and music. It’s one of the many reasons i’m on kvr. My interest isn’t in emulating someone elses’ sound though.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I only buy Rudess-endorsed products. Fortunately, that gives me a ton of options :tu:

T-Pain and iZotope Introduce The T-Pain Effect™
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I don't look for celebrity endorsements but there are some I trust. Andrew Huang although not a household name is a youtube celebrity and he knows and uses all of the hardware and software he endorses. I always pay attention to his observations. The man is crazy productive... the Casey Neistat of geeky music audio.

BT is so ridiculously effusive in his praise for equipment that he lacks credibility. Although
he is exceptionally talented, he so over the top in his claims that you can't take him seriously.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:44 pm I only buy Rudess-endorsed products. Fortunately, that gives me a ton of options :tu:
:hihi:

I never really cared about what other people are using, I just use what works well for me, so no, endorsements don't make a difference to me. I'd even say a website that instantly shoves tones of endorsements into my face makes it harder for me to take a product seriously.

Noop
Image Image Image Image

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:31 pm Paid for endorsements don't influence me however if I see X product in somebody's studio on say YouTube then I'll most likely research it further.
This

This must be THE BEST celeb endorsement EVER :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"The vst looks good in general, still trying it" :lol:

Omg I'm gonna piss my pants :hihi:

Too funny :D

"still trying it"

OMG seriously.. I'll just... I'll just rush to grab myself a copy right now xD

If Rudess endorsed it, I would surely not get it. Judging from his looks, he obviously has bad taste.
But if an artist or band I love endorsed and actually used it, it would at least increase my willingness to demo it.

I was never going to buy it but this "still trying it" enlightened my mind so that I MUST have a license now *roflmao*

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”