My name is karmacomposer and i'd love to re-introduce myself and my music, old and new.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there!

I've been with KVR a very, very, very long time, but it seems I have been completely forgotten.

I'm hurt, but not dead. My music ranges depending on the decade :P

So, here is my profile on Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/user-326877042

(ignore the breath long sound effect - I needed to put it there for some unknown reason).

Please feel free to listen to the tunes I have put on there. I've been a musician and composer for over 35 years and have even won some awards for my work. Each 'album' has at least 15 or more compositions, of which I highlight three. Ranging from the late 80's to today, I have over 700 works and growing and have been a member of ASCAP for over 20 years.

Feel free to talk with me, introduce yourself and lets become friends.

Take care.

Mike

No, I remember you.

My Feedback (Relaxing)

Music - 7
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7

Overall 7

Comments: Okay, where to begin. Well, let's start with the composition. Pleasant enough but kind of generic. Reminds me of the stuff I used to hear in the doctors waiting room back in the late 80s. As for the mix, kind of on the dull side. Needs some EQ or something. Just kind of sits there. Not terrible. Just not very inspirational. Arrangement is also rather simplistic. Instruments sound like they're stock DAW plugins. Don't really grab me sound wise. Have certainly heard worse and like I said, pleasant enough but could just use a little spice to liven it up.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:20 am My Feedback (Relaxing)

Music - 7
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7

Overall 7

Comments: Okay, where to begin. Well, let's start with the composition. Pleasant enough but kind of generic. Reminds me of the stuff I used to hear in the doctors waiting room back in the late 80s. As for the mix, kind of on the dull side. Needs some EQ or something. Just kind of sits there. Not terrible. Just not very inspirational. Arrangement is also rather simplistic. Instruments sound like they're stock DAW plugins. Don't really grab me sound wise. Have certainly heard worse and like I said, pleasant enough but could just use a little spice to liven it up.
Is your critique for one song or all of them?
:borg:

My favourites were Fantastic, Dreamcatcher and starry night. Kind of reminds me a bit of Enigma.

My Feedback (Celebrate Life)

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 7.75

Comments: Jumping around here. Very similar to first track in terms of feel and sound. These song structures are okay but they just sound like Muzak. They're innocuous enough and I suppose there's a market for this stuff but it doesn't do a lot for me even though, as I said, it's pleasant enough. It just sounds so safe and routine. Maybe dated is more the word I'm looking for. This mix is slightly better than the first one. Has a little more life to it. I could picture you writing for documentaries or something like that. Maybe even commercials if it was 40 years ago. I'm guessing you're probably about as old as I am (turned 61 on Nov 11) and I am by no means contemporary. But this stuff takes me back to a time that I don't even want to go back to.

V0RT3X wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:23 am

Music - 7
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7

Overall 7

No, just for the one I marked in parenthesis.

I agree - which song? The songs span 30 years almost. For example, Dance of the Periot Clowns was my very first set of music and I created it with a drum machine and Kawai K1 in 1987-1988.

Meanwhile, my most current stuff is about 10,000% more current and advanced.

Mike

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:28 am
V0RT3X wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:23 am

Music - 7
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7

Overall 7

No, just for the one I marked in parenthesis.
Ah ok I'm just not used to your grading system.

It should be noted I specialize in instrumentals mostly. I've been creating them for a wide variety of projects throughout the years.

Mike

Music - 7
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7

Overall 7

Ah, ok. Got it. TBH, that song is from 1987 (lol).

I was just getting started back then.

Mike

My Feedback (Dreamcatcher)

Music - 6.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Decided to listen to this since Vortex said he liked it. Definitely the best of the 3 I listened to. While it's not my cup of tea musically, this one has some life to it and the mix is a little more open and clean. I'm gonna guess that this one was done after the other 2 I listened to. Aside from it not being my music of choice, I'd probably have liked it better if it had a little more variance. Sounds like slight variations on a loop played over and over.

Btw Mike, what kind of cameras do you use in Atomic Cat productions? I'm a Sony Cine cam owner myself so I'm just curious.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:27 am My Feedback (Celebrate Life)

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 8
Mix - 8

Overall - 7.75

Comments: Jumping around here. Very similar to first track in terms of feel and sound. These song structures are okay but they just sound like Muzak. They're innocuous enough and I suppose there's a market for this stuff but it doesn't do a lot for me even though, as I said, it's pleasant enough. It just sounds so safe and routine. Maybe dated is more the word I'm looking for. This mix is slightly better than the first one. Has a little more life to it. I could picture you writing for documentaries or something like that. Maybe even commercials if it was 40 years ago. I'm guessing you're probably about as old as I am (turned 61 on Nov 11) and I am by no means contemporary. But this stuff takes me back to a time that I don't even want to go back to.
Try starting backwards to forwards - also, album title kind of denotes what the kinds of songs are - for example, anything from Insprirations will be uplifting. Vampire Culture, on the other hand, is a lot like watching Underworld or some techno industrial vampire flick.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:32 am

Music - 7
Instruments - 7
Performance - 7
Mix - 7

Overall 7

Ah, ok. Got it. TBH, that song is from 1987 (lol).

I was just getting started back then.

Mike
Wow, did I nail the era or what? LOL.

FWIW, you're getting started sound is 1000 times better than my getting started sound was. I'd be too embarrassed to play that stuff for anybody.

Return to “Music Cafe”