LVC-Audio releases Toned-MAX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Toned-MAX

Toned-MAX is an update to TonedPLUS, and a free upgrade for existing registered users.

Toned-MAX is a traditional digital EQ interface with resizable GUI, click/drag EQ nodes, and spectrum analyzer. Each filter can be set to 1 of 15 different filter modes, including tilt filter, constant-q, and analog shelf filters. There is also a Q-Link control for each filter that varies the Q to work in conjunction with the gain. A simple dynamic EQ feature is also accessible for each of the filters.

In addition to the various EQ features, Toned-MAX has analog modeling: 7 different input models, and 6 output models. The input models simulate various transformer, RC, and discrete input coupling. The output models simulate several different clean-sounding amp types.

Several different stereo feature have also been added. This includes a low-frequency mono-izer, and a high frequency spread control. There is also a stereo vectorscope to visualize the stereo width.

For more information and to download a demo, check out the Toned-MAX page at http://lvcaudio.com/plugins/toned-max/

random_id wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:31 pm free upgrade for existing registered users.
Thank you!! I am an advocate of TonedPLUS - it's a wonderfully designed processor. This looks like an incredible update with even dynamics added. Downloading immediately :)

I rate your work up there with Tokyo Dawn, Toneboosters, Fabfilter etc.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:10 pm I rate your work up there with Tokyo Dawn, Toneboosters, Fabfilter etc.
Agreed! I have the whole LVC catalogue and use them often - they have a nice range of effect for tone bending, texturing but also subtle enough for mastering use. Very musical and a more than reasonable price. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:55 pm
Agreed! I have the whole LVC catalogue and use them often - they have a nice range of effect for tone bending, texturing but also subtle enough for mastering use. Very musical and a more than reasonable price. :phones:
I hear you, my friend :) It's just that LVC GUI's aren't so hot - but I have to say they are definitely improving. This is a step up from TonedPLUS for sure.

By the way, it seems the registration file is the same so if you own TonedPLUS and have it authorised on your computer, when you download and install TonedMAX it is already registered as soon as you first open it. Nice! Thank you LVC.

Holy hell this is good.

It's everything I dream Pro-Q 3 will be ^_^

Happy Toned-PLUS owner and now Toned-Max user here. Thanks a lot to LVC.

Yes, the plugins sound excellent and musical.

What's the demo limitations?

Turello wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:53 pm What's the demo limitations?
The demo temporarily bypasses the plugin for 3 seconds. This occurs about every minute or so.
Other than that, there isn't any other limitation.

random_id wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:07 am
Turello wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:53 pm What's the demo limitations?
The demo temporarily bypasses the plugin for 3 seconds. This occurs about every minute or so.
Other than that, there isn't any other limitation.
The right time to try it... thank you! :-)

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:36 am There's one annoying thing: if I drag the bottom corner to resize larger and then smaller, the clickable drag point disappears and will only reappear if I close and reopen the plugin: https://gph.is/2BuVF1W
Sorry, my DAW ID skills are limited and I can't tell from the video. What DAW, what plugin format (VST, AU, etc.), and what OS?

I'll start working on a fix.

Interesting : so it's a clean digital equalizer at its core, with some "coloration" features ontop, that's it (from what I remember, the first version was mainly a preamp/color/saturation device) ?
Am I missing something, or is there no full size screenshot of the GUI (i know, it's resizeable, but still, i can only see a tiny dwarfy screenshot, and no PDF manual to check) ?
It seems to be a nice plugin !

[edit : a very nice PDF manual is included in the ZIP file of the demo]

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

random_id wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:23 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:36 am There's one annoying thing: if I drag the bottom corner to resize larger and then smaller, the clickable drag point disappears and will only reappear if I close and reopen the plugin: https://gph.is/2BuVF1W
Sorry, my DAW ID skills are limited and I can't tell from the video. What DAW, what plugin format (VST, AU, etc.), and what OS?

I'll start working on a fix.
This kind of responsiveness from a dev is rare. Matt is a great one and Toned-MAX is almost as wonderful as he is. LVC FTW!!!

Return to “Effects”