Please beware of Mystery Islands Music

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks but I don't want to download the demo, apparently. I guess that's why I paid for it. I want to download the version with which I can use my licence, which doesn't appear in the downloads section after I login.

ok.. I thought maybe the demo could also be activated, as some devs do.

Unfortunately this is not the case, his demos can't be activated that way, thanks though. Anyway, while I eventually got hold of the SN2X 1.0.2 binaries, the account issue persists; this guy seriously could use some help/hire somebody for customer support while he's coding... Since he shows up now and then and posts changelogs and stuff, it's a pity to lose customers (or even make enemies from what I'm reading here) due to such attitude. It's not like he's a lunatic like AQ (is he still banned from here?!). I fully understand that Mystery Islands Music is practically a one man show and don't actually mind him taking his time to fix issues, but if you try to come out as a serious business, you have to at least respect those who support you, even by simply responding in the first place.

Kurdish Mayfield wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:27 am "The only goal of this thread is to make buyers aware"

Thats nonsense; the goal of this thread was to smear the developer and hurt his business. When this started to backfire on you, as users posted success with other Mystery Island products, you assumed the approach you should have had from the beginning. Why not a thread asking KVR members how MI products worked for them? You're just been engaging in public shaming and portraying yourself as a victim instead of trying to get answers. Not going so well, huh?
I don't know @SAW75 (and I'm sure he doesn't need my "help" here), but there's no proof that SAW75's original posts were "to smear the developer and hurt his business" or to engage in "public shaming". Again, you'd see that...if you'd just read the posts. :wink: All he said was "buyer beware" (until some people started to attack him). He did not say anything that couldn't be proven as far as the software or service responses are concerned.

A quick count of the responses in this thread shows they're rather evenly balanced between people having problems with the dev and his products/services, and people who haven't had problems. So basically...this is pretty much the same as many threads on KVR.

It's entirely possible the dev bit off more than he could chew with the Korg editor, and now he doesn't know how to fix it. He should still respond to the requests from SAW75 (and others on his own forum), however. I think we'd all appreciate that if we were in the same situation...as some here are, unfortunately.

That said, the sheer number of duplicate/triplicate/quadruplicate/etc. "reviews" on the site--and the blatant changes to negative reviews--are the dev's responsiblity, and it's all a bit too much to accept, especially on top of people now mentioning the products don't work and they don't get support from the dev.

I'd like to think the dev is an honest enough character who's just in over his head on this issue. Then again, maybe he can't respond to the support requests because he's too busy editing negative reviews and creating multiple copies of "5-star" reviews to make his overall rating look better. After all, there's more than one way to get a 4.59 out of 5 stars rating, am I right?! (I'm kidding of course, lest anyone suggest I'm engaging in "slander" [technically, libel], :wink:)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Let me know if this logic resonates with anyone. I hate to beat a dead horse but this "no refund, you had the opportunity to demo" thing is really bugging me [no pun intended]…

How is it that this developer can code and release a version of his plug without noticing the several show stopping bugs that render the plug useless... now he coded the darn thing, he tested it, he released it... never finding any of these bugs apparently. But I am , as a user and customer, supposed to find all the bugs and make a decision not to purchase and if I do fork out the money to support the developer, then I AM LIABLE for not finding the bugs earlier and I am out the money I spent on the purchase.

That's bogus. I'm sorry.

"Korg microKxR AudioUnit & VST plug-in has been updated to version 1.3.2 with several fixes and improvements. This update is available now and it is ready for Mac and PC users. Download the update from https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/downloads/ after login.

There was a nasty issue we overlooked on some of the non CC, MSB/LSB parameters which caused the sound go mental. This should be all good now, at least it worked here in-house while I was benchmarking it for the past 6 hours (ended up writing 8:53 trance-master piece hehe).

It still might have some odd bits here and there which I have overlooked, but as usual, I will fix the issues as they appear. Use the forum to post your findings and I will check them out there. I will not look for other forums – there is enough work to look from one place.

Anyway, here is the full list of changes & fixes:

Version 1.3.2 / 2018-12-20

* [New] IF layer link switch is toggled on, both layers change their value as expected – Layer 1 is kept open.
* [Fixed] When switching any of the non-CC or non-LSB/MSB knobs, buttons or menu items sound was completely messed up.
* [Fixed] Program Change buttons work as expected.
* [Fixed] Total Recall works as expected.
* [Other] Removed EG2/GATE toggle switch and Filter & Amplifier Velo Sense knobs from the GUI as it did not work for microKorg.
* [Other] Fastened up the patch change process if sent via the plug-in librarian to hardware."

So does it work for you now as intended? I'd be happy if someone worked for 6 hours for the price, and that just on testing it. Hope he recorded some of it for video to show users how things are now, looking forward to hearing his new track...
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

digitize wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:54 pm Thanks but I don't want to download the demo, apparently. I guess that's why I paid for it. I want to download the version with which I can use my licence, which doesn't appear in the downloads section after I login.
Was double checking this there, at one point just a free sample bank I picked up a while ago showed up, after some looking around and pressing refresh it all appeared (although I use some extreme anti-ads blockers, intense cookie settings and host file blocking...)

Anyway if you ever struggle to get new versions of SN2X in future let me know and I'll send since you have your licence to activate it with.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.

Having a quick look at the multiple reviews accusations it simply looks like people are reviewing several products at once, as each should show up on the corresponding shop item in it's own review, maybe lay off the heroin team.

whannel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:05 am Having a quick look at the multiple reviews accusations it simply looks like people are reviewing several products at once, as each should show up on the corresponding shop item in it's own review, maybe lay off the heroin team.
I have tried to give a 1 star review multiple times based on my very real expereince. My reviews have not been posted. The reviews are rigged. Has nothing to do with heroin.

Glad the guy spent 6 hours fixing a broken product that he sells. I would have done the same thing. I probably would not have ignored support requests for 17 days though.

And the update doesn't work anyway :cry:

[Fixed] When switching any of the non-CC or non-LSB/MSB knobs, buttons or menu items sound was completely messed up.

I do appreciate this effort though. The above is sort of fixed as these functions no longer render patches "completely messed up". Unfortunately these functions still behave oddly.

I will have to take more time with the rest of the update. If the developer is willing to put in the time, then I am willing to be patient.

whannel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:05 am maybe lay off the heroin.
Probably not the most constructive responsive you could have posted.

mutantdog wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:35 pm
whannel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:05 am maybe lay off the heroin.
Probably not the most constructive responsive you could have posted.
Made me laugh though :wink:

whannel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:05 am maybe lay off the heroin team.
Really? and I thought you wanted to help the OP with all of this situation...

whannel wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:05 am Having a quick look at the multiple reviews accusations it simply looks like people are reviewing several products at once, as each should show up on the corresponding shop item in it's own review, maybe lay off the heroin team.
JunSev wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:57 pm
It looked like it was not directed at the OP but others chiming in

From his post before, it does look like he is trying to help.
I am (but should'nt be) always amazed at the amount of vitriol I see here on KVR.
It's as if ppl think the dev is just for them.. I imagine they also have "LIVES" and no SF is perfect, there will always be things to fix and just try and imagine all the combinations of PCs and SF and HW that it (the SF) has to work with...
oh and lets not forget the sometime incompetence of the user... :help:

toonertik wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:08 pm
JunSev wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:57 pm
It looked like it was not directed at the OP but others chiming in

From his post before, it does look like he is trying to help.
I am (but should'nt be) always amazed at the amount of vitriol I see here on KVR.
It's as if ppl think the dev is just for them.. I imagine they also have "LIVES" and no SF is perfect, there will always be things to fix and just try and imagine all the combinations of PCs and SF and HW that it (the SF) has to work with...
oh and lets not forget the sometime incompetence of the user... :help:
Don't get me wrong, I know that it is not always so easy, I mean I have some softwares tremendously buggy and very often for the respect that I have for the developer, I wouldn't create even a thread showing my frustration.

But here... there is a very serious situation where the developer doesn't even respond to the user, a lot of mysterious activities in his own website where the ratings and critical comments are not accepted or something weird happen...

In addition, why would someone that wants to help insult in such a way?, All of this with all respect toonertik.

Return to “Instruments”